Whatevr's Success Story - With Timeline

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I came across this thread and thought it might interest you.

http://hairlosshelp.net/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=36075

While interesting, I've had hypothyroidism since 2012, and I started taking Finasteride in 2015, and quit in 2016.

I also didn't experience a worsening of hypothyroid symptoms when I was taking it, so I think the connection is overblown in this case.
Nevertheless, I don't plan on ever going back on Finasteride because it did me far more harm than good.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any update on results?

Just getting by on RU / minoxidil until starting up the MDV3100 regimen. Still NW2, but thinner than before.

Estradiol is out of the game for the foreseeable future.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just getting by on RU / minoxidil until starting up the MDV3100 regimen. Still NW2, but thinner than before.

Estradiol is out of the game for the foreseeable future.

you found your best dosage/frequency to avoid sides?

i may try ru soon

Hippocrates21

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr Does the Life Flo Health Biestro-Care with Estriol and Estradiol help or cause hairloss? I've read about the combination of estriol/estradiol being anti-estrogen. Is there an online source of pure estradiol cream? Would Estriol by itself be helpful for male pattern baldness?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr Does the Life Flo Health Biestro-Care with Estriol and Estradiol help or cause hairloss? I've read about the combination of estriol/estradiol being anti-estrogen. Is there an online source of pure estradiol cream? Would Estriol by itself be helpful for male pattern baldness?

Estriol should act anti-estrogenically in the presence of estrogen, which in theory would be bad for hair, but there have been a few people throughout the years that claimed it was helpful.

When I use estriol alone I feel more energetic and my libido increases, this suggests increased androgen ratio (antiestrogenic).

The reasons I stopped using estrogens are obvious - libido issues and gynecomastia etc.

Hopefully a strong enough AA like Enzalutamide will be enough for me.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mate have you not thought about lowering the dosgaes...doing 10/20mg instead?

i remember reading posts a while ago from guys very knowledgeable about ru on other forums saying 10/20 is more than enough. espec with short hair like you have

You referring to El_Duterino

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Man it I'd be great if someone confirm that low doses of 20-40mg work.

Would save ton as I'm from India and they price I have to buy it is ridiculous as of now for me.

Alsp, does anyone think the price of RU58841 would be going down??
Remember back in 2011-11 it was much more costly.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr
Quick question, when you were on estradiol/alpicort F did you have any serious initial shedding? I have tried topical estriol on temples and nothing much happened. Thinking of trying estradiol just to help thicken the temples up. But, I have read in a quite a few places that whilst estrogen is seen as having a protective role in male pattern baldness, topical application can cause hair follicles to enter catagen and stay in telogen phase for longer. At the moment I am maintaining well and am happy with results. Don't mind a bit of shedding but if I start using it and have massive shed it might look like I am using progress.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr
Quick question, when you were on estradiol/alpicort F did you have any serious initial shedding? I have tried topical estriol on temples and nothing much happened. Thinking of trying estradiol just to help thicken the temples up. But, I have read in a quite a few places that whilst estrogen is seen as having a protective role in male pattern baldness, topical application can cause hair follicles to enter catagen and stay in telogen phase for longer. At the moment I am maintaining well and am happy with results. Don't mind a bit of shedding but if I start using it and have massive shed it might look like I am using progress.

I don't remember having an initial shed, in fact my shedding went down pretty quickly when I started, if I recall. And from there on gradual but steady regrowth for about 2 months which then peaked.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr wassup man whats been your experience of ru so far then?

you saying its losing its effectiveness?

whats dosages/frequency you doing right now?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr wassup man whats been your experience of ru so far then?

you saying its losing its effectiveness?

whats dosages/frequency you doing right now?

At ~75 mg daily I had some initial regrowth and maintenance after that, but the sides after 2-3 consecutive days were pretty bad. I would be so tired and anxious I just couldn't function.

At 50 mg I can do 4-5 days but the sides also seem cumulative and the effectiveness is such that I don't maintain but only slow it down.

INT

Reaction score
*Bumping this thread to see if other people have been trying the estradiol/estriol approach*

How are things going for you atm @whatevr?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
*Bumping this thread to see if other people have been trying the estradiol/estriol approach*

How are things going for you atm @whatevr?

Pretty sh*t. My hair looks a fair bit worse than it did back then. I'm using racemic equol and waiting to try out Brotzu lotion I guess.

INT

Reaction score
Pretty sh*t. My hair looks a fair bit worse than it did back then. I'm using racemic equol and waiting to try out Brotzu lotion I guess.

Sorry to hear... What is your current regime? Have you ever considered using alpicort with test boosters such as pine pollen btw? Correct me if I am wrong but you started losing alpicort ground when you started implementing AI's, right? Maybe you will have better luck boosting your T instead of lowering your E.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear... What is your current regime? Have you ever considered using alpicort with test boosters such as pine pollen btw? Correct me if I am wrong but you started losing alpicort ground when you started implementing AI's, right? Maybe you will have better luck boosting your T instead of lowering your E.

I'm not on AIs. I just had to drop Alpicort due to sides like gyno and my dick not really working at all. I can't take that long term, it's impossible.

I'm using racemic equol in liposomes every other day, and minoxidil. It greatly slows down hair loss but I think I am still losing, and it has side effects of its own. I'm hoping to switch to something better soon but we'll see how things turn out.