Whatevr's Success Story - With Timeline

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have very low estrogen and ru didn't do anything as far as I can see.
I support @whatevrs theory thought.

And I'm super happy that he found something that works for him.

Do you have joint pains and is your libido normal? How do you function with low estrogen? Most men feel very messed up when their estrogen goes too low (just like if it goes too high).

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr ; so you are applying minoxidil to your crown? it maitain well? because now i am just looking for maitenance and ithought that propecia would at least prevent my crown from balding, unfortunately even if i started with perfect crown, it stat to thin . i have the choice between adding minoxidil or trying duta once a week but i know this is crazy given my predisposition to sides .

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr ; so you are applying minoxidil to your crown? it maitain well? because now i am just looking for maitenance and ithought that propecia would at least prevent my crown from balding, unfortunately even if i started with perfect crown, it stat to thin . i have the choice between adding minoxidil or trying duta once a week but i know this is crazy given my predisposition to sides .

I drop 2 mL on my head and then use a latex glove to smear it all over my head. So yes, everywhere.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you didn't shed too much at the beginning? it didn't affect healthy hair ( my main concern).
if i remind well your cown and mid calp were almost perfect ? minoxidil didn't worsen those areas ?

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes still on Minoxidil but only once daily due to work (can't go to work with a messy head).
So far the trend with RU seems to be slow but steady improvements (so actually regrowth).

Yep, what I noticed is that I respond much better to topicals, and when something works I can notice it within 2-3 weeks. When it doesn't, like with Finasteride, I waited for 1 year and it never displayed any sort of result. You've been on Propecia for a while now, correct? I think at this point you should be thinking about either going to dutasteride or adding RU to your regimen, because it's unlikely it will start working all of a sudden.

Ever thought about using foam in the am? It dries much quicker and many report that it actually thickens (cosmetically) when applied.

Your hair looks good. What is your source for ru?

Mans

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr, I have been a lurker here for quite some time as I don't really have much to contribute due to the lack of knowledge so didn't feel the need of creating an account. I have read the whole thread and I must admit that I am once again impressed by the information and your experience that you have shared with everyone.

With the hope that this question hasn't been answered before, I will be glad if you could please let me know how do you use Alfatradiol? Also, what does it mean by 0.025%, how often do you use it and if it can be purchased in the UK?

Many thanks.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr, I have been a lurker here for quite some time as I don't really have much to contribute due to the lack of knowledge so didn't feel the need of creating an account. I have read the whole thread and I must admit that I am once again impressed by the information and your experience that you have shared with everyone.

With the hope that this question hasn't been answered before, I will be glad if you could please let me know how do you use Alfatradiol? Also, what does it mean by 0.025%, how often do you use it and if it can be purchased in the UK?

Many thanks.

You can find it on eBay. 0.025% is the only concentration the product is sold in. You get a dropper thingy with it that when you press the bottle fills up to 3 mL and then you simply turn it upside down and drip it all over your head, it's simple. Just not very effective. When I run out of my current supply I wont' be buying any more. It's expensive as sh*t and two bottles are about 1/3rd the cost of what I pay for a 200 day supply of RU, whose efficacy is so superior it's not even comparable. It isn't worth the money.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why diffusing is a b**ch. Looking at this pic, almost looks like a normal head of hair with slight hairline recession.

normal.jpg

Now, get under a harsh light, all of a sudden you're half-bald:

harsh.jpg

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
harsh light and semi spike look bro;
even when i was 15 with this kind of haircut you can see scalp under harsh light

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah to my whole head.
Yeaaah mannn that is some bullshit. It needs 1 year, it needs 2 years... It needs to wait until you are Norwood 7 then it works. Ffs.

Look what they told me. 'Stay on finasteride', 'RU is weaker than finasteride'.

How come RU works within 3 weeks but finasteride can't in 12 months? How come RU not only works, but with less side effects (gyno is very minimal on RU)?

You have same situation as me - finasteride doesn't work and you get puffy nipples. Dutasteride is off limits for us.
We have high natural estrogen, but it works in our favor when you change to the right treatment angle. Forget about 5-AR inhibitors and attack the AR with RU.

How much RU do you use? What % and how many ml?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people have expressed the idea that I am now NW0, unfortunately that's not quite the case. I uploaded a 3rd hairline photo with my hair swept up and wet from Minoxidil, there you can see the damage on the temples that I have yet to recover.

You can also see the very fine, silver hairs just along the edges of the hairline - these are the result of estrogen and appeared in the past 3 weeks since adding Alpicort F. Hope I can make them terminal!

People are skeptical about estrogen, and I really don't know why. Obviously, you put those doubters to shame. Estrogen works. Finasteride works. Progesterone works. Let haters go bald, their choice.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
People are skeptical about estrogen, and I really don't know why. Obviously, you put those doubters to shame. Estrogen works. Finasteride works. Progesterone works. Let haters go bald, their choice.

Hmm. It's not so much that people don't think that estrogen works, it's that they know it also works on your tits, your ***, your dick and all the other places where you don't really want it to work.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
in your case we can see that all result come from the minoxidil.
like me with propecia alone you would have become progressively bald.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
in your case we can see that all result come from the minoxidil.
like me with propecia alone you would have become progressively bald.

Initial regrowth from Minoxidil was January - April '16.

Alpicort and RU are responsible for maintenance and additional regrowth. Minoxidil alone would not hold my hair for long at all, because I was losing on Propecia.