Whatevr's Success Story - With Timeline

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Uh huh. Well, I know what's going on - RU by going systemic and blocking androgen receptors is making estrogen affect the nipples more hence it stimulates their growth. I am trying to find a way to block this because the RU seems to be doing good things for my hair.

I've had unwanted nipple growth on almost every hormonal hair loss medication I've tried so far - Finasteride, Alpicort, everything that lowers DHT or increases estrogen makes my nipples grow. Mine are very sensitive for some reason, I hate it . So now I need to come up with a solution to combat those side effects while being able to treat my hair loss.

prety sure i have the same thing. its not proper gyno, just pointy f*****g nipples. annyoing as f***. i hate it.

have you heard of fluridil? apparently no sides effects, hormonal anyway. works to block ar or something. but its very expensive.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
prety sure i have the same thing. its not proper gyno, just pointy f*****g nipples. annyoing as f***. i hate it.

have you heard of fluridil? apparently no sides effects, hormonal anyway. works to block ar or something. but its very expensive.

Yes. I heard it doesn't work worth a sh*t, that's all I heard. Otherwise I guess more people would be using it.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
..a few women can actually orgasm via nipple play--(a side note lol.)
Best thing about nipples! ;)

Guys I don't want to marginalise real sides. But are you sure your nipples changed?
I never looked at my own nipples in my life.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score

Guys I don't want to marginalise real sides. But are you sure your nipples changed?

yeh i thought about it

never looked either really before finasteride but im pretty sure they have changed. i got all the other f*****g possible sides finasteride could give you lol.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I heard it doesn't work worth a sh*t, that's all I heard. Otherwise I guess more people would be using it.

probably right but ive read some success stories.

mostly with guys overloading it. which costs them a sh*t load. but still. maybe worth a shot if you have the funds and have exhausted all other options

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm very perceptive. I never thought about my nipples either until I started Finasteride and felt them burning and chafing against my shirt. Then you look at them and see two miniature water baloons.

Ever since then I know how it feels and looks and can instantly recognize anti-androgenic or estrogenic side effects on my nipples immediately. That's how I can tell my RU is real (shout-out to group-buys!) :D

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm very perceptive. I never thought about my nipples either until I started Finasteride and felt them burning and chafing against my shirt. Then you look at them and see two miniature water baloons.

Ever since then I know how it feels and looks and can instantly recognize anti-androgenic or estrogenic side effects on my nipples immediately. That's how I can tell my RU is real (shout-out to group-buys!) :D

how goes ru mate?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
how goes ru mate?

Results-wise, good, I have noticeable improvements all the way up to my hairline. Fast results, just like Alpicort.

Side-effects wise, some of it goes systemic, it also seems to cross the blood-brain barrier as well and block a certain amount of androgen receptors throughout the entire body. Some sides (for me) are: increase in anxiety and hot flashes, worse moods, harder to wake up and I also think I notice my eyes being more sunken in and having more pronounced circles (note I had most of these issues before, so it's not that RU causes them, just exacerbates)

I'm probably the last person who should be taking any kind of anti-androgens due to my pre-existing health issues that date far before hair loss, but since these are the only medications that work and I want to keep my hair I kind of have to make the choice between feeling garbage and having semi-decent hair, or just letting it all go and working on my general health.

For now I'll keep using it and maybe take the occasional 1-day break in between as the side effects seem to get worse after several consecutive days of use, suggesting some metabolites are probably building up.

Last edited:

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the updates! Groupbuys is also blazingly fast. Ordered on Saturday and package arrived on Thursday, while Tuesday would be the earliest for international bank transfers to happen.
I wasn't at home thought and now my ru is travelling around the world without me...

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Results-wise, good, I have noticeable improvements all the way up to my hairline. Fast results, just like Alpicort.

Side-effects wise, some of it goes systemic, it also seems to cross the blood-brain barrier as well and block a certain amount of androgen receptors throughout the entire body. Some sides (for me) are: increase in anxiety and hot flashes, worse moods, harder to wake up and I also think I notice my eyes being more sunken in and having more pronounced circles (note I had most of these issues before, so it's not that RU causes them, just exacerbates)

I'm probably the last person who should be taking any kind of anti-androgens due to my pre-existing health issues that date far before hair loss, but since these are the only medications that work and I want to keep my hair I kind of have to make the choice between feeling garbage and having semi-decent hair, or just letting it all go and working on my general health.

For now I'll keep using it and maybe take the occasional 1-day break in between as the side effects seem to get worse after several consecutive days of use, suggesting some metabolites are probably building up.

all of this sounds very similar to me.

my sides from finasteride were very similar. excellent results but felt like dog sh*t

but i think my overall health wasnt in the best shape to begin with so these issues may not have been as bad if i was in good shape before finasteride.

what health issues did you have?

have you looked into seti?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
all of this sounds very similar to me.

my sides from finasteride were very similar. excellent results but felt like dog sh*t

but i think my overall health wasnt in the best shape to begin with so these issues may not have been as bad if i was in good shape before finasteride.

what health issues did you have?

have you looked into seti?

Yes I've had health issues for 3 years before I even started to treat my hair loss, mostly hormonal problems: low thyroid, super anxiety, daily heart palpitations, excessive sweating, hot flashes, pins and needles all over my body... like someone who was super low on testosterone and estradiol.

I actually started feeling much better 6 months ago due to some tweaks I made and a good number of the problems improved, but now it seems that RU is causing some of them to increase in severity - suggesting they are all of hormonal nature.

My libido and erections are also sh*t, even before hair loss treatments, but after Finasteride and Alpicort, much more so. I need to get a proper hormonal panel done soon without taking any external hormones. Then maybe I can decide what to do.

But from what it seems is that increasing male hormones like testosterone, DHT and other androgens makes most of my symptoms better...
But of course at the same time it's fatal for hair.

So, pretty shitty situation to be in, when you have to choose between the two...

I've looked into seti, but for something so damn expensive, I better see some maintenance stories. Haven't seen sh*t. And also people report sleep problems suggesting it shares at least some side effects common to anti-androgens.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the updates! Groupbuys is also blazingly fast. Ordered on Saturday and package arrived on Thursday, while Tuesday would be the earliest for international bank transfers to happen.
I wasn't at home thought and now my ru is travelling around the world without me...

Hey pleas explain what is group buy. I'm looking for a new source for ru with quick shipping. Thanks

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
2017-5.jpg
crown.jpg

Current status. I believe I'm on the uptick again since starting RU, but hasn't been enough time yet to be sure.

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
fina is really shitty for non responder . today i got an haircut and my hair is worse than ever , hairline keep receding , crown is thinning despite being on fina. and the worst thing is that when i check my baseline pics from 3 years ago, my hairline look good and my crown was great ; Any other personn with taht amount of hair would have maintained for at least 10 years on propecia alone. but unfortunately i am a non responder

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
good result man! still on minoxidil ?
so Ru is maitaining ?

Yes still on Minoxidil but only once daily due to work (can't go to work with a messy head).
So far the trend with RU seems to be slow but steady improvements (so actually regrowth).

fina is really shitty for non responder . today i got an haircut and my hair is worse than ever , hairline keep receding , crown is thinning despite being on fina. and the worst thing is that when i check my baseline pics from 3 years ago, my hairline look good and my crown was great ; Any other personn with taht amount of hair would have maintained for at least 10 years on propecia alone. but unfortunately i am a non responder

Yep, what I noticed is that I respond much better to topicals, and when something works I can notice it within 2-3 weeks. When it doesn't, like with Finasteride, I waited for 1 year and it never displayed any sort of result. You've been on Propecia for a while now, correct? I think at this point you should be thinking about either going to dutasteride or adding RU to your regimen, because it's unlikely it will start working all of a sudden.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you apply minoxidil to your whole head ? hair look thick.
exactly , when i added minoxidil , i could see a shedding after 3 week on it , i could see the product was doin something ( even if i ended below baseline, for me minoxidil was a mistake ). But with fina nothing happened . At first i thougt" it need 6 month to 1 year to work, no ,need to worry", then i hit the 15 month mark " it need 2 years " . And now i am 3 years on propecia and way below baseline , it even didn"t maitain my healthy thick hair at the crown . i am so disapointed , because i started really early , but my genetic is too strong

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
you apply minoxidil to your whole head ? hair look thick.
exactly , when i added minoxidil , i could see a shedding after 3 week on it , i could see the product was doin something ( even if i ended below baseline, for me minoxidil was a mistake ). But with fina nothing happened . At first i thougt" it need 6 month to 1 year to work, no ,need to worry", then i hit the 15 month mark " it need 2 years " . And now i am 3 years on propecia and way below baseline , it even didn"t maitain my healthy thick hair at the crown . i am so disapointed , because i started really early , but my genetic is too strong

Yeah to my whole head.
Yeaaah mannn that is some bullshit. It needs 1 year, it needs 2 years... It needs to wait until you are Norwood 7 then it works. Ffs.

Look what they told me. 'Stay on finasteride', 'RU is weaker than finasteride'.

How come RU works within 3 weeks but finasteride can't in 12 months? How come RU not only works, but with less side effects (gyno is very minimal on RU)?

You have same situation as me - finasteride doesn't work and you get puffy nipples. Dutasteride is off limits for us.
We have high natural estrogen, but it works in our favor when you change to the right treatment angle. Forget about 5-AR inhibitors and attack the AR with RU.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
the thing is that i have really low natural oestrogen , but when i take propecia it skyrocketted .

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have very low estrogen and ru didn't do anything as far as I can see.
I support @whatevrs theory thought.

And I'm super happy that he found something that works for him.