Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to say it again for those not getting results:

YOU NEED TO ROLL HARDER / WOUND! TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO IS GETTING DRAMATIC RESULTS!

For those thinking about quitting: Try what i just stated for 3 months and then report back.

To answer the inevitable question that's bound to pop up "BUT NUMBERS GUY AND THE STUDY AND OTHERS DIDN'T AND THEY GOT RESULTS SO WHY DO I HAVE TO AND REEEEEEE"

Who knows. Perhaps they have softer skin and they are actually wounding with less effort? Point to one user who has drawn blood and went hard and hasn't gotten results. I'll wait. The same can't be said vice versa. If you aren't wounding, unless you have some very soft skin texture, you are more than likely just giving your head a massage with a dermapen/roller and are wasting your time.

If you aren't getting results and you aren't rolling hard, you must roll harder. Science proves hair grows on wounds. Dr. Ray Peate also discusses wounding and hair regeneration. Follica or whatever is literally designing a system around wounding with 5MM NEEDLES.

How bad do you want your hair back?

I agree, i was going to post something similar so thank you. Whether it be bbq guy who had the burnt scalp and regrow hair or 2young who rolled very hard. The purpose is to cause damage.

Every scalp is different. The original poster obviously didn't need to wound as hard, Chen didn't need to. Other people might have to. Hell theres a reason follica is going 5mm. Also just because you see blood, or mild redness doesn't necessarily mean its causing enough damage.Point is what works for one may not work for the other. There are different variations with this method we can try.

I was doing 1.75 every week for 5-6 passes and seeing results. However i've switched to 1.75 every 10-14 days. However now i'm literally passing over the same areas 12-15 times. Its more intense, and i take breaks over a 20 minute period, and def see more blood all over the place, but it isn't like i have blood dripping down my head, or anything gross, but i definitely feel i've seen an uptick in results because of this. Just make sure you don't do this weekly, "heavier sessions" need more healing time. Personally i'd rather do 1-2 heavier sessions a month than one weekly. Then eventually just do one heavy type session a month to maintain.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, I read through about 30 pages after Google searching for Chen's name (absorbing an unhealthy amount of transphobia in the process - btw, thanks for kicking down on us, guys) and didn't see much beyond "it's like Somebody's mehodm but not exactly" and "high frequency".
Ah, yes. That Helga person who chimed in to say something like: "You really believe in this microneedling bullshit? No wonder people fall for right-wing idiots like Trump". Good times.
But yeah, whole lotta assholes 'round here.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, we don't know how true this whole "draw blood for the follicle god if you want results" thing is, but... Friendly reminder yet again! Chinese study did 4 passes max on each patient. No mention of blood; only reddish skin.
Obviously we're still scratching the surface with microneedling, but if you look at great responders you have 2 pictures:
1.- 7, who didn't go hard at all and got fantastic results.
2.- 2young, who facefucked his scalp with the fury of a lion hunting its prey and also got great results.
What I'm trying to say is, unless we got solid evidence that harder = results, I don't think looking at it as an excuse to justify why it isn't working for ya is the healthiest thing to do.
Remember: when we're talking about "wounding" we're talking about the depth (+1.5 mm), not about looking like you smashed tomatoes on your head.
Best of luck!

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, we don't know how true this whole "draw blood for the follicle god if you want results" thing is, but... Friendly reminder yet again! Chinese study did 4 passes max on each patient. No mention of blood; only reddish skin.
Obviously we're still scratching the surface with microneedling, but if you look at great responders you have 2 pictures:
2.- 2young, who facefucked his scalp with the fury of a lion hunting its prey and also got great results.
What I'm trying to say is, unless we got solid evidence that harder = results, I don't think looking at it as an excuse to justify why it isn't working for ya is the healthiest thing to do.
Remember: when we're talking about "wounding" we're talking about the depth (+1.5 mm), not about looking like you smashed tomatoes on your head.
Best of luck!

Agreed, all i was saying and i think the person before me who wrote about this is there may be alternates. If you take number guy, 2young, and chen, all obviously fantastic results. All got there using needling but in different ways.

Just trying to give hope to non responders. Every scalp is different. In terms of frequency, needle size, intensity and even time between sessions i agree there is still so much we don't know.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Best of luck!

the thing is most guys who use 1,5 or 2mm don't use the actual lenght as they don't press hard "enough". In most case people could switch to 1mm and they would have same result or even 0,5mm for guys who just wound "gently" with their 1,5. tbh I dermstamp with the 1,5mm and I bleed quite a lot... ye it hurts but it has to hurt since you wound...
secondly , redness definition is: extra blood rushes to the skin's surface to fight off irritants and encourage healing.
From my experience since I press harder(which make me bleed more obv) the skin remains red more days which is great to me. that should enhance the wound healing process over a longer period, right?. People say "cool I only have redness for 1 day" But in all fairness is it really cool? Aren't we looking for a wound healing process to help with hairloss? Im one of those who think that the trauma after a hair transplant that gives redness for months actually helps a lot with regrowth. But thats purely hypothetical .

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgenetic alopecia and microneedling: Every needling is not microneedling

https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(19)30460-8/fulltext
Ohhh, snap!
the thing is most guys who use 1,5 or 2mm don't use the actual lenght as they don't press hard "enough". In most case people could switch to 1mm and they would have same result or even 0,5mm for guys who just wound "gently" with their 1,5. tbh I dermstamp with the 1,5mm and I bleed quite a lot... ye it hurts but it has to hurt since you wound...
secondly , redness definition is: extra blood rushes to the skin's surface to fight off irritants and encourage healing.
From my experience since I press harder(which make me bleed more obv) the skin remains red more days which is great to me. that should enhance the wound healing process over a longer period, right?. People say "cool I only have redness for 1 day" But in all fairness is it really cool? Aren't we looking for a wound healing process to help with hairloss? Im one of those who think that the trauma after a hair transplant that gives redness for months actually helps a lot with regrowth. But thats purely hypothetical .
I can tell you; I use 2 mm and I lift and press down for that same reason. Redness stays for a day too.
As sports said, we all have different scalps. Some guys are already fucked up with 1.5 mm. Others such as myself don't get that red when pressing hard with 2 mm. I do have a lot of blood spots, however.
What I was trying to say is that the scientific approach agrees on one thing: mild erythema (redness).
Obviously there might be something more behind it because we're still exploring microneedling, but it's not conclusive as of yet.
Who knows. Maybe that new study has something to say... Or maybe this 'community trial' proves it does involve better results. Or maybe we learn something new at the world congress!

Last edited:

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ohhh, snap!

I can tell you; I use 2 mm and I lift and press down for that same reason. Redness stays for a day too.
As sports said, we all have different scalps. Some guys are already fucked up with 1.5 mm. Others such as myself don't get that red when pressing hard with 2 mm. I do have a lot of blood spots, however.
What I was trying to say is that the scientific approach agrees on one thing: mild erythema (redness).
Obviously there might be something more behind it because we're still exploring microneedling, but it's not conclusive as of yet.
Who knows. Maybe that new study has something to say... Or maybe this 'community trial' proves it does involve better results. Or maybe we learn something new at the world congress!

Science proves wounding regenerates hair. Why not wound and just take safety precautions? You are covering all bases (mild redness +)

Btw who is bbq guy?

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would also say we do have evidence harder = better results.

The vast majority of intense, aggressive, hard rollers have had the most impressive cosmetic results. Myself included, pictures will be posted in June. I have literally brought my hairline forward to almost its original natural state, as well as most of the coverage on the scalp by wounding hard.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would also say we do have evidence harder = better results.

The vast majority of intense, aggressive, hard rollers have had the most impressive cosmetic results. Myself included, pictures will be posted in June. I have literally brought my hairline forward to almost its original natural state, as well as most of the coverage on the scalp by wounding hard.
Have you, or any of the hard rollers, tried rolling till mild erythema with absolutely no results prior to this? If so, you might have solid evidence for it. And congrats on your results! What Norwood, if I may ask?

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you, or any of the hard rollers, tried rolling till mild erythema with absolutely no results prior to this? If so, you might have solid evidence for it. And congrats on your results! What Norwood, if I may ask?

My very first session was to mild erythema. I literally said to myself after "this is ridiculous. It's the equivalent to a head massage. Not much is happening"

I then went as hard as I could bear, no numbing cream, and nearly everything.
returned.

I would say I'm nearing Norwood 1.5 or so but it's diffused still. I would say i was around nw4 before

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's interesting because while I regained alot of coverage it is still diffused when grown out. But all of the old shape / hairline returned. Pretty significant results.

I wonder if i could fix the diffusing somehow

Reaction score
I was going to order ru anyway but you added to my certainty :)
Also why do you need to mix?
I saw at Anagenic several month-stable RU solutions k&b or pg
I make fresh batches every 5 days. For a concentration of 5% I mix .5 grams of RU powder with 10 ml of minoxidil and then shake the container until the powder is fully dissolved.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Science proves wounding regenerates hair. Why not wound and just take safety precautions? You are covering all bases (mild redness +)

Btw who is bbq guy?

I don't know where the link is, but bbq guy referred to a study from years back. Guy had a part of his scalp burned in the front from an accident, i think near the hairline. After a couple months of the healing process his hair grew back in that area.

It's interesting because while I regained alot of coverage it is still diffused when grown out. But all of the old shape / hairline returned. Pretty significant results.

I wonder if i could fix the diffusing somehow

Same here, old shape of hairline has returned. Now everything if diffuse mostly. Just waiting for continued thickening. It happens little by little as weeks go by. If everything continues like it is and fills in i'd be a very happy person.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to draw blood spots. As long as you properly santize (you can literally walk to the store and get what you need for cheap) you won't have any issues.
Thanks. What should you sanitise with? And it that before or after needling?

Makaveli1988

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No sides. Buying RU is a pain in the *** and mixing 5 day batches is annoying too. That being said, 15 years of Finasteride use slowed down my already slow diffuse thinning but the addition of RU was the first time I ever saw actual regrowth.
From where you buy ur ru and do u test it?

cvcsticks

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a dr pen and I feel like the needles get stuck in my scalp when I press too hard while covering area. Are people getting results with the lift and then press movement? I feel like you stand to not cover as much surface area as parts could be missed when lifting and moving to the next...

The-Johnny

Reaction score
I had my second session with 1.5 microneedling last monday, and today I had a massive shed that I've never had before. Every time I run my hand through my hair, I get several hairs on my hands, and I'm almost up to 100 lost hairs on only one morning. Does this have anything with the needling to do? Someone that had same experience?