Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 408 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. tomcat

tomcat Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    so now I'm in the third month and my hair is thinner than ever im kinda panicking right now but I'm gonna do this for a year lets see what happens

2. kungfukenny

kungfukenny Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Are you on min?

3. tomcat

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    yes since 2016

4. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Did minoxidil help before you went with microneedling?

5. Rudi

Rudi Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I understand that some needlers have good results with a high needling frequency. If you are on a high one and have negative results you may want to reduce the frequency. Surely there is one that is optimal. Reducing frequency may reduce positive results but wont cause negative needling results This cant be said of ever increasing frequencies

6. Drextez

Drextez Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So i didnt want to post any pictures supporting the claims from my last post until i hit the 6-7 month mark in june-july.......... but, I got alot of unexpected positive feedback without even providing pictures, so i thought i would post my results 3 months earlier.... also, I think my post can help more people if i post it now.

MY REGIMEN AND HAIRLOSS SITUATION

hairloss type : diffuse thinning, tight scalp/ not flexible

my regimen used to be only minoxidil 1 time a day for 2months but it didnt do anything or extremely little results, so i completely stopped minoxidil and never used it again.

then, after i stopped using minoxidil i shaved my head................... and I let my hair grow alone for 3 months, without doing or using anything, letting nature take it's course and this below was the result

( picture taken with the worst possible lighting without flash ). ( so this picture is 3months after i shave my head, without using anything as regimen)

upload_2019-3-17_14-48-23.png

AFTER THIS, i decided to shave my head again every week, until i got my first dermaroller 1.5mm (real needles) because of this forum.

So I started using 1.5mm dermaroller, starting with a shaved head and letting my hair grow, for 3 months

So, the only difference with the pictures below is that my regimen is :

- dermaroller 1.5mm every 2-4weeks on all my head

- scalp massages with my hands and a wooden anti cellulite brush to remove scalp tension and improve flexibility ( i do it whenever i feel like it for 1 minute to 3minutes)

- (NOT USING MINOXIDIL)

( i have different very unflattering pictures, with flash and without flash to make it look very worse)

WITH FLASH

upload_2019-3-17_15-30-29.png

WITHOUT FLASH,,,,,, BUT UNFLATTERING LIGHTING
    upload_2019-3-17_15-35-16.png

What do i think so far about using dermaroller 1.5mm real needles and scalp massage for 3 months? zero shedding and slow but steady density gains, crown area is the hardest to get gains. I will keep doing this for a year.

let my quote my last posts :

SIDE BY SIDE

upload_2019-3-17_15-52-39.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BUT....im considering stopping....I have some worries, well i guess they are pretty irrational, im not sure how long i can keep using this dermaroller and massage regimen, 2 years? 10 years? 20 years? Because i dont know if there are longterm risks.

-scared of skin cancer risks
    -scared of flesh eating bacteria
    -scared of damaging galea with massages

this actually gives me anxiety, just being real right now.

.. other than that, my hair is just getting better and better.

let me know what you guys think of everything

#8146 Drextez, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    MKP05 dislikes this.
  7. FCKW36

FCKW36 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    We are in the same situation. minoxidil since 2014.

8. infinitepain

infinitepain Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    But @LowHairLine says that A6 is much more painful than D2... that is a strong point to consider. Is it really that painful?

9. HowardWulkan

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    flesh eating bacteria? may i ask where you are located?

Jjmac likes this.
  10. infinitepain

infinitepain Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:

So do you have any idea on how the new A7 performs? perhaps its not as painful? the pain is scary for me, I dont want this to be a pain in the ***, because i will end up not bothering.

How is the yearly cost, assuming bi-weekly usage and not reusage of cartridges, for the A6 cartridges compared to propietary D2 cartridges? Im from France btw. I've heard it's 14€ for D2 replacements? that's a scam to be frank.

Also how are you protecting from bacteria and infections? I have the same concerns as poster above. Everyone here seems to be using alcoholic solutions to clean cartridges, betadine on the scalp and what have you. Doesn't the betadine make it sticky for the needles to properly perforate the skin?

11. Spanishboy97

Spanishboy97 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Todas I did my first dermarrolling session. Is It weird to not get the scalp red at all at 1.5 mm? My temples were only a bit red for 5 minutes.

12. Spanishboy97

Spanishboy97 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm on Finasteride for a year and a half (I think It has help me with the shed and it's slowing things down but for sure I have reeced a bit on it. I'm currently between Norwood 2 and 2.5. I'm hoping to thicken part of my temples with dermarrolling. I'm a Minoxidil non responder but I might consider adding it to my regime once a day maybe now. Im using cheap dermarroller I guess I'll have to buy a new dermaroller once a month right? I'll post pictures if I see any result. Thank you to everyone contribuiting to the thread .

13. Jjmac

Jjmac Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Sometime I hit patches on my head when my dermonator gets bogged down. Today it ruin my needle ( the needle part ripped off). Anyone run into this? I’m thinking it is running into small patches of Seborrheic keratosis , which are waxy, and the needle gets stuck in it.

14. Johnnyl33thair

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Can someone help me choose Dr. Pen (or alternative?)
    I'd like to know if:
    1. Dr. Pen M5 is any different from A6 or A7? Any serious advantages of one over the other?
    2. Which cartridge set should be used?
    3,5,7,9,12,24,36,42?
    I'm assuming 12 or 24, but I'd like to confirm

15. kungfukenny

kungfukenny Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I want to add scalp massages to my regimen. Is there any device you’d recommend? Or just doing it manually? And how often do you do it? Thanks

16. jccj

jccj Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think the a7 has smaller needles and the m5 not as powerful. I'd go with the a6 with 12 needle cartridges.

Johnnyl33thair likes this.
  17. Johnnyl33thair

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'll be honest, I ordered A7 just because it looks cool and is same price in my country as A6 xD
    But I hope it'll do well :)

18. tomcat

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    yes it filled my crown but in 2018 my frontal area began to diffuse thinning

Pigeon likes this.
  19. jccj

jccj Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Let us know how it works...I had considered it but ended up ordering the a6 which I have not yet received.

20. HairSuit

HairSuit Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Alright, I am pretty sure that (for some) dermaneeding causes shock loss. For 4 mos straight I needled (1x week, 1.5mm), and the left and right side of my temples thinned out like never before. I know that for some people, this is accompanied by new growth...... that was not my experience. For the last month I stopped needling and the shedding decreased dramatically. As frustrating as it, it seems like there might be something to the shock of it all. I don’t understand that, because it seemed like only positives could come from this. Never the less, it has been my experience. When I started, I could notice my lack of density, but not others. Now, it is easily noticeable, in all lighting situations. I’m glad some have gotten great regrowth, but it seems that this really only helped with those that had diffuse thinning. I just needed a bit of a density boost in the temples, and ended up far worse. This is also while using minoxidil with sandalore.

MrsS, Riq636, Capone and 1 other person like this.