Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 410 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. sportsguy97

sportsguy97 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    My last 3 needing sessions have been "heavier" with 8-9 days rest between I really think this has caused an uptick in results. Just food for thought for those who may not be getting anything. Maybe try a heavier type session once or twice a month with more rest.

Now when i say "heavy session" i mean this - What i do with My Dr pen is go over my head 3-4 times till redness. Then i repeat that two more times. By the third cycle i'm usually able to draw blood from any area. I usually take a 1 min break between cycles. Yeah there are blood spots all over, but my head is not pooling blood or anything at all, not even close. This is just a bit more intense.

My goal is to get back to near full head of hair and then do a heavy type session once a month. Remember there is alot we don't know about this needling thing, in terms of different protocols. Everyone won't react the same. Some may get results from mild redness, some heavier sessions, some from needling more often (chen). Alot of variables.

2. sportsguy97

sportsguy97 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    This is what i'm kinda alluding to in my earlier post. Since the wound healing process can go on for so long, maybe we can get away with doing one "heavy" session a month". One session where we "get our money's worth" and then just let the healing process do its thing for four weeks. Maybe that is enough, again we don't know. This could also help ease the concerns of people that think were needling to often. Remember people that do this to their face do it every 4-6 weeks.

For now i'm sticking to my regimine every 8-9 days cause its def working, but i'm open to trying different approaches in the future.

Headdy, Rudi and Pigeon like this.
  3. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You also on fina?

4. Tommo1

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Would anyone be interested testing their c reactive protein levels for inflammation and compare with guys who have and haven’t responded well to treatment?

5. Rudi

Rudi Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Weil, the brazilian study is about monthly heavy needling. Good results IMO. But sadly just two people for some reason.

6. luen12

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi guys,

After being inactive for over a month I am here to give you an update on my current situation. I‘ve kept my regimen which means needling every two weeks at 2mm, no minoxidil, but 1,5ml RU 3% solution every night (not after needling)

I am now nearly 4 months in. My progress in the last month was slower than I expected in February, but I think I can say that I maintained with some slight improvements.

Because I am getting impatient now, I already ordered a bottle of minoxidil and I am thinking of starting it after my next needling session. Even though I never wanted to use it again, when I had a huge shed last year (went below baseline) after stopping minoxidil after 6 months of usage. (dont ask me why I stopped it, I dont really know why) But now after 4 months on my current regimen, I think it is safe to say that I am now above baseline (before my minoxidil shed).

So now that I know/think/believe that I can maintain what I have without minoxidil, I think I am ready now to add it into my regimen to become a Norwood 1 ;)

Heres my last post from February with pictures:
    https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-from-tressless.117746/page-333#post-1766745

What do you think? Should I start minoxidil or wait and see if have more regrowth on my current regimen?

Attached Files:

theotherusero, LowHairLine and Pigeon like this.
  7. DepressionPrince

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Sorry, I am kind of new to this RU. What side-effects did you have from it and what side-effects are usually normal for it?

8. Francky85

Francky85 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've just bought an electric head massager to add to my regime....going to do that twice daily.....never used one before and it feels amazing!

So im needling 2mm once a week....minoxidil twice a day and scalp massage with an electronic head massager twice a day.

Headdy and overpourgoodfortune like this.
  9. bluesuedeshoes

bluesuedeshoes Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Which head massager did you get? The one's that people have bought from japan seem to be effective for some but they are super expensive. I do seem some similar ones on the US amazon but not sure if they work as well.

10. Francky85

Francky85 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I just got one off Amazon...was about £35 so nothing bank breaking....it was similar to this (without me logging into my account to see which exact one)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Massager-H...pons&keywords=electronic scalp massager&psc=1

One thing it does do its pulls of ALOT of dead skin when its doing its thing....have to almost wash my hair after.

11. overpourgoodfortune

overpourgoodfortune Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @Francky85 - I recall some of the other guys using the massagers mention the same thing, RE: dead skin. It is probably another good form of exfoliation... !!

12. NilesCrane

NilesCrane Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Sadly finasteride gives me sides as well...

Not placebo, not in my head. Lol I always have to mention this now. Always apprehensive to talk about sides on these forums

Pigeon likes this.
  13. Pigeon

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Haha, don't have to tell me about it. Some people here worship fina like it's their god. "bu..bu nobody has side effects, look at the official studies from our friendly multibillion pharma company, surely they would not lie?!"

Seen it so many times. Guys defending fina to the death because they think it's their only hope and a couple of months/years later they said they quit because of sides.

14. Oribv1324

Oribv1324 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    guys . im not using any med atm. should i jump on dermarolling? im a 22 years old blading guy . im afraid of minoxidil but wodnering if i should jump on dermapen once a week 1.5mm

15. Pigeon

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Of course and give your scalp enough time to heal. You'll need to figure out what the best time frame is for yourself.

16. HowardWulkan

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So is anyone here doing just rolling/needling and see any progress?

17. ToLGuy

ToLGuy Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Huh? I think most of us finas users are aware that there is an undeniable risk of sides. The sides are actually mentioned in the published studies, so I don't really agree there. Finas users who say the pill is side-free are just stupid or intellectually disjonest.

On the other hand, those who say that finas has a 100% of probability of causing sides is also spewing bullshit. Either satanizing or idolizing finas as a religious dumbass is absurdly in disagreement with the available evidence, so one must be cautious of not being part of either extreme.

I've been one of the lucky ones of having no sides after being on finasteride for 3 years. But of course I don't deny that sides are a thing, a serious thing to consider. I understand why most people here are trying to avoid it.

NarWhal7, Tinkwetax and Rudi like this.
  18. cesc

cesc Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yes, and maybe.

I do nothing other than needling (1.75mm-2mm) every 7-10 days.

It definitely does cause something to happen as I can see some intermediate hair growing where there was none before. The only problem is that cosmetically theres not much of a difference. Hair volume is slightly increased, but not really enough to be noticeable to others who arent obsessed with hair haha.

I'm just theorising here, but I think on its own microneedling probably isn't that effective, or if it is the results might take years to show themselves all the while the balding is taking its natural path, reducing the effectiveness.

I have taken pictures and will show my 6 month results in June/early July. Next year I will add minoxidil. I really wanted to avoid it but I think it might do wonders for me if other people are anything to go by.

I'm 36 and a diffuse thinner with NW1.5 hairline but weak density, so this should be effective (in theory).

19. Pigeon

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If microneedling on its own could just provide us with maintenance, that would be amazing imo.

20. NotJason

NotJason New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi guys (and girls)

Long time lurker here and I’ve been following this thread with particular interest. I honestly have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised over the last few months with seeing an emperical study being back up and delivering on a relatively large scale here.

I am a 23 year old diffuse thinner. I’d say I’m a NW1,5 +- but with a large decrease in density over the last two years.

Anyway, I had my first needling session 6 days ago and did 1,5mm with the Dr Pen. Hairline hurt a lot more than the crown and it remained red for a few days compared to the crown.
    I plan to start min in a few weeks but just have graduation in a months time so want to avoid a shed before then (rather safe than sorry). I also plan to needle every two weeks at 1,5mm.

One question I have; over the last day or two I’ve had a large amount of dead skin with almost a waxy composition coming off my scalp where I’ve needled. I know flaking at this time is common but I was wondering if anyone had any insight into this? (Scalp healing or getting rid of excuses sebum etc?)

I will keep you all updated over the next few months and would just like to say thank you to you all for the effort put in. Appreciate it.

LowHairLine, Headdy, Pigeon and 2 others like this.