Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nope. Chinese study used up to 2.5 mm needles. No follicles were damaged. Still, you wanna try with 1.5 mm first and see how you fare, instead of being like me and jumping straight to 2 mm.
I have no experience with the A7, sadly. I'm sure someone around here has tried it tho! Cheers.

Bumping to see if anyone has the A7. Still seems like a suicide mission to me to buy the derminator

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
4ish months in, session every 15 days roughly. NO minoxidil, I wanted to try the "vanilla" needlin' first. :)
So, definitely an improvement, the hair is thicker overall, some small hairs sprouting all over, generally I'm satisfied with the progress, however I think guys using minoxidil have stronger and faster results, but it is really not convenient for me to use minoxidil and wash my hair often etc, so I'm gonna stick with this for now.

So basically I'm only around 4 months in, I'm looking forward to seeing 6 month results.
How many years have you been balding. What Norwood were you at start of needlind?

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys should i quit on setipiprant? I’m ok my last batch and seti is all about anti inflammatory and isn’t the microneedling about inflammatory and healing process ?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4ish months in, session every 15 days roughly. NO minoxidil, I wanted to try the "vanilla" needlin' first. :)
So, definitely an improvement, the hair is thicker overall, some small hairs sprouting all over, generally I'm satisfied with the progress, however I think guys using minoxidil have stronger and faster results, but it is really not convenient for me to use minoxidil and wash my hair often etc, so I'm gonna stick with this for now.

So basically I'm only around 4 months in, I'm looking forward to seeing 6 month results.
How heavy do you wound?

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long after using a derma roller (D2 in particular) can I do a castor+jojoba oil scalp treatment? I’m starting to incorporate them into my routine for my itchy scalp.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody else experience itchiness while dermarolling? Ive been having results and never experienced until this week, but days after needling my scalp is super itchy. Hopefully a good thing

lasthope

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I know this might be an irrational fear but.. The uncertainty about the cancer risk of this procedure is making me hesitant.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I know this might be an irrational fear but.. The uncertainty about the cancer risk of this procedure is making me hesitant.
Thousands of women across the world are running dermarollers on their face. If this was a real risk there would have been an epidemic

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there scientific evidence of these risks or is it speculation?

Pure speculation...if humans contracted Skin Cancer from wounding/damaging the epidermis...Skin Cancer would be unbelievably common.

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
...any good ways to relieve itching in my scalp?...
...days after needling my scalp is super itchy...
ITCHING
I've had that too - and quite bad at that...

SOLUTION
I have resolved it with TOPICAL DESLORATADINE:
ACTIVES = 1% DESLORATADINE (Tablets, dissolved in Ethanol & filtered);
VEHICLE = 80% Ethanol + 20% PG;
APPLICATION = 2x daily 1mL on affected areas;
Et Voila' - itch gone :)

RATIONALE
DESLORATADINE is an antihistamine and - as nicely put in @IdealForehead post below -
"...given that one of the most characteristic components of male balding is "itch" and itch is directly related in many cases to histamines, an anti-histamine may be the exact type of anti-inflammatory we need."

REGROWTH
There is an additional bonus as well - CETIRIZINE, which is also an antihistamine, was shown in studies to regrow hair:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28604133
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jdv.13864/abstract

Have chosen DESLORATADINE though, cause should in principle have a similar effect, but is stable in Ethanol (while CETIRIZINE is not). Below is some additional info from the excellent @IdealForehead post:

Cetirizine is an antihistamine. Antihistamines block the release of PGD2 as well as numerous other inflammatory markers from mast cells (the primary storage site of PGD2 in skin) and other cells as well.

For example, with desloratadine, which I think is better due to better stability in alcohol, and a long binding time to receptors:

In vitro studies have shown that desloratadine inhibits the release or generation of multiple inflammatory mediators, including IL-4, IL-6, IL-8, IL-13, PGD(2), leukotriene C(4), tryptase, histamine, and the TNF-alpha-induced chemokine RANTES.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11295678
So basically these antihistamines are working as very effective local anti-inflammatories. And given that one of the most characteristic components of male balding is "itch" and itch is directly related in many cases to histamines, an anti-histamine may be the exact type of anti-inflammatory we need.

Their results were similar to minoxidil in power. So it wasn't a minor effect. It was actually pretty damn good.

I've ordered some desloratadine powder from Alibaba and I will be adding it to my formulations. Unlike minoxidil, a topical antihistamine should be free of pro-aging or collagen damaging side effects. If it lets me stop minoxidil, I will consider it a great gift.

Last edited:

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are you getting your Desloratadine from @LowHairLine ? I purchased Zyrtec liquid gels but they are expensive, a pain to extract from the pill, and having to mix a batch every time so it remains stable, makes it difficult to use consistently.

This may be one of those treatments that responds well for a lot of people with rolling, but only for a few people without. Correct me if I'm wrong but systematic absorption shouldn't be an issue either, assuming you tolerate taking Zyrtec orally of course.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ITCHING
I've had that too - and quite bad at that...

SOLUTION
I have resolved it with TOPICAL DESLORATADINE:
ACTIVES = 1% DESLORATADINE (Tablets, dissolved in Ethanol & filtered);
VEHICLE = 80% Ethanol + 20% PG;
APPLICATION = 2x daily 1mL on affected areas;
Et Voila' - itch gone :)

RATIONALE
DESLORATADINE is an antihistamine and - as nicely put in @IdealForehead post below -
"...given that one of the most characteristic components of male balding is "itch" and itch is directly related in many cases to histamines, an anti-histamine may be the exact type of anti-inflammatory we need."

REGROWTH
There is an additional bonus as well - CETIRIZINE, which is also an antihistamine, was shown in studies to regrow hair:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28604133
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jdv.13864/abstract

Have chosen DESLORATADINE though, cause should in principle have a similar effect, but is stable in Ethanol (while CETIRIZINE is not). Below is some additional info from the excellent @IdealForehead post:

Thank you. Does anyone think itching is a sign of regrowth?

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My God the regrowth I'm experiencing from hard, wounding / needling is amazing.

I am literally regenerating ALL of the surface area that was lost, including temples and crown.

It's just so damn diffused. But my God the total coverage that's returning is astonishing

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My God the regrowth I'm experiencing from hard, wounding / needling is amazing.

I am literally regenerating ALL of the surface area that was lost, including temples and crown.

It's just so damn diffused. But my God the total coverage that's returning is astonishing

How are you hard wounding per se?