Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 409 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think overneedling is the cause of this, some people need more time to heal. Why not try needling 1x/2 weeks?

2. Capone

Capone Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Minoxidil is needed. I just wish they’d bring something out that has the same working mechanism as minoxidil but none of the water retention and cardio issues bullshit. Then again I don’t think anyone knows how minoxidil actually grows hair.

3. HairSuit

HairSuit Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I was using minoxidil. @Pigeon - you may be right. Might try again with less frequency, but scares the crap out of me.

4. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Healing process differs for everyone. But 1.5mm and 2mm/1x week is a hard regimen imo. And don't be scared about shock loss, that will come back as far as I know. Check out the healing chart:
    1920px-wound_healing_phases-png-png.png

I'm doing 2mm/x1.5-2 weeks. I believe you need to give your dermis the time to heal. I still feel stinging after 4-5 days after needling when I'm brushing my hair/scalp.

@Capone We need a list of alternatives for minoxidil.

rrphl, sportsguy97, NarWhal7 and 4 others like this.
  5. bluesuedeshoes

bluesuedeshoes Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, I get that all the time. It mostly get's stuck at my hairline where the hair loss/fibrosis is worst.

6. jccj

jccj Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm definitely seeing some positive results. Can't wait for Dr. Pen to come in. Top pic was around 2 months ago...bottom today.

Attached Files:

7. overpourgoodfortune

overpourgoodfortune Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @jccj - Nice! Definitely see some regrowth there. What are you using today if not a pen?

8. jccj

jccj Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    A 1.5 mm dermaroller... moderate pressure 1x weekly and there has been a couple times I lightly rolled a few days after. Also minoxidil with sandalore but my gut tells me the rolling is main catalyst.

9. wannahaveagoodtime

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I am doing 2mm dermastamp once a week. It really hurts like a b**ch every time. I've done 3 seasons so far. I'm using rosemary oil and taurine mixed in water as my topical every day except on the needling day. I apply castor oil almost immediately after I needle. I'll update in case I get some positive result. It's still very soon though. I'm also taking sulfasalazine, a multivitamin & a vitamin E supplement.

Pigeon likes this.
  10. Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Me Vs DiffuseThinning Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    3rd session in a row in which my lymph nodes have enlarged. First 9 months or so, I wasn't getting enlarged lymph nodes.

11. mooreu

mooreu Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Given your level of hair loss that's a great result. You ought to continue and see where you are 8 - 10 months from now.

jccj likes this.
  12. AlwaysSouth

AlwaysSouth New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Anyone experiencing blurred vision?

I have been using Minoxidil from last 8-9 months. I didn't have any improvement and my balding got wrose earlier and I was not using regularly earlier. But from Dec 2018, I started derma rolling and using the Minoxidil regularly twice every day. From past few weeks, I have been experiencing blurred visition. Initially, I thought that I am expericing eye sight due to age (39+). But today, after using the Minoxidil, I immediatly noticed effect. I just Googled to find out if its anything to do with Minoxdil and found this - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5028441/

I don't want to stop the Minoxidil. I am noticing improvement with derma rolling and the Monixidil. Please suggest alternatives.

13. stonecold

stonecold Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Lots of new hairs coming up! Very nice.

14. ToLGuy

ToLGuy Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    That's scary, man. Remind me how often do you needle. Once a week or every two weeks?

15. NilesCrane

NilesCrane Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Today I will have my 24th session of solely microneedling, so that's six months like in the study. There has been no noticeable results and my hair has continued to thin and shed. In my opinion minoxidil is crucial for regrowth...should I keep needling?

16. baldman329

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Add Minoxidil to your needling

17. NilesCrane

NilesCrane Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Gives me some chest pain...I guess I'm fucked lol

18. baldman329

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Sorry to hear man.... i know the feeling of struggling with hair loss... maybe Lord Tsuji will save us soon.

Marcaronii and NilesCrane like this.
  19. NarWhal7

NarWhal7 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    People don't always see positive results in the first few months with Minoxidil. Plus some others have started to see results only when combining minoxidil + needling. A few others I have read tried oral minoxidil (pill form) which worked great for them when they didnt see results from the topical solution.
    It's cheap, so may be worth trying again now that you are needling. Or maybe try the foam stuff out too (or liquid if you were using foam previously)

It's nice that you are getting results from just needling

20. NarWhal7

NarWhal7 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Update from me:
    I was worried for a while that my gains would stop or that I might start losing my gains. After being on treatments for only 6-7 months (3 months of rolling), I knew that that wasn't long enough to trust that they would be permanent, and I also read some people stopped gaining after around that much time.

So I wanted to up my microneedling game. Got the Dr Pen A6 about a month ago now, and its been great. Tried out a few different settings, speeds, and lengths. Generally just looking for some blood and good redness. No pain no gain :)

In the past month since getting my A6, I've had some of my best gains to date. Maybe the best month. I'm no longer shaving my head down to nothing. I have a NW2/3 pattern that is filling in, and I started from a NW6/7 just over 9 months ago.
    Hair length on top is reaching new heights as well. Still pretty diffuse in that pattern, but it's definitely getting thicker.

I also recently added Collagen Peptides following a recommendation from a user here. Ordered the Macha green tea flavor from Amazon. Its actually pretty delicious when mixed with milk + a spoon of sugar. Tastes as good as if not better than the Starbucks macha green tea drink.
    I believe the Collagen peptides have definitely sped up my hair and nail growth rate and health.

also: It was windy the other day and I felt the wind blow through my hair for the first time in over 10 years.

Keep fighting the good fight. I'm gonna post some more pics again soon. I am taking the photos to track progress, just waiting for some milestone, maybe at my year mark.

MirinBrah, jccj, Pigeon and 4 others like this.