Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had my second session with 1.5 microneedling last monday, and today I had a massive shed that I've never had before. Every time I run my hand through my hair, I get several hairs on my hands, and I'm almost up to 100 lost hairs on only one morning. Does this have anything with the needling to do? Someone that had same experience?

Some days after your needling session it is normal that you lose more hairs...but 100 is maybe too much...depends on how many hairs you still have left.

Do you take minoxidil?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ohhh, snap!

I can tell you; I use 2 mm and I lift and press down for that same reason. Redness stays for a day too.
As sports said, we all have different scalps. Some guys are already fucked up with 1.5 mm. Others such as myself don't get that red when pressing hard with 2 mm. I do have a lot of blood spots, however.
What I was trying to say is that the scientific approach agrees on one thing: mild erythema (redness).
Obviously there might be something more behind it because we're still exploring microneedling, but it's not conclusive as of yet.
Who knows. Maybe that new study has something to say... Or maybe this 'community trial' proves it does involve better results. Or maybe we learn something new at the world congress!

Have you, or any of the hard rollers, tried rolling till mild erythema with absolutely no results prior to this? If so, you might have solid evidence for it. And congrats on your results! What Norwood, if I may ask?

maybe it has sth to do with hairloss history (calcification??) I barely press on my crown where I have more hairs and my skin is immediately reddish. When I do that along my hairline where I have less density, I have to insist to see blood and redness. I am quite a study case since I have used dermaroller during almost 2,5 years and I can tell you mild erythema did not work at all for regrowth/hair neogenesis but I maintained pretty well. That’s the only reason Why I kept on doing it. I have a blatant type A hairloss it's not like I try to regrow temples so it's easy for me to monitor evolution. I know it's not great to read and you prefer liking positive testimonies but it's the way it is...for me.. that said With dermaroller you cannot press that effectively but with dermastamp it's more "accurate" wound. I do dermastamp for few months so I will know soon what it does the harder way (unlike @JJL58 who already knows how it works for him)... Some guys maybe have to press harder to "break down" calcification, fibrosis and some with early hairloss history can press more gently?... But to be honest I'd say the harder way is always better because atleast you know you can't do more and like I said erythema remains more days in general.

lasthope

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions. How long does it take for the blood spots to disappear? Also, do you need to apply anything on the blood spots after needling?

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get blood along the hairline but beyond that I don't really see blood. And I definitely push down as hard as I do on the hairline because it doesn't hurt nearly as much toward the back as it does on the hairline. I usually have a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and wipe the blood after each hairline pass. It's easier to clean like this when it's wet.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as results I've noticed long peach fuzz on my temple and lots of (non-cosmetic) hairs on my hairline. I think it is mainly the increased minoxidil absorption that is doing the trick, based on where the regrowth is happening.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. I think about all the treatments that have had some anecdotal (some even scientific) evidence that didn't work and were dismissed, and how many of those might be beneficial to use with increased absorption. Without killing us if they go systematic, of course.

I've started washing my hair with 1% ketoconazole several times in the 24 hours after needling, leaving it on my head for 5-10 each time. Only started doing this after the last 2 sessions so no changes yet.

Trinky

My Regimen
Reaction score
maybe it has sth to do with hairloss history (calcification??) I barely press on my crown where I have more hairs and my skin is immediately reddish. When I do that along my hairline where I have less density, I have to insist to see blood and redness. I am quite a study case since I have used dermaroller during almost 2,5 years and I can tell you mild erythema did not work at all for regrowth/hair neogenesis but I maintained pretty well. That’s the only reason Why I kept on doing it. I have a blatant type A hairloss it's not like I try to regrow temples so it's easy for me to monitor evolution. I know it's not great to read and you prefer liking positive testimonies but it's the way it is...for me.. that said With dermaroller you cannot press that effectively but with dermastamp it's more "accurate" wound. I do dermastamp for few months so I will know soon what it does the harder way (unlike @JJL58 who already knows how it works for him)... Some guys maybe have to press harder to "break down" calcification, fibrosis and some with early hairloss history can press more gently?... But to be honest I'd say the harder way is always better because atleast you know you can't do more and like I said erythema remains more days in general.

during the 2,5 years did you also take minoxidil, or just mild dermarolling? and how often did you dermaroll, how deep?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
during the 2,5 years did you also take minoxidil, or just mild dermarolling? and how often did you dermaroll, how deep?

I followed the dhurat study during 1year.I used a 1,5 roller..minoxidil every day except day of dermarolling (24h). 6 months I dermarolled once a week then I read a study that said the wound healing process could take 2weeks(growth factors) So I switched to dermaroller every other week. After A year I dropped minoxidil And I did not have any shedding, so maybe dermaroller kept most of my hairs but I can’t be sure.then I kept dermarolling every other week . I switched to dermastamp few months ago.I can't call it a success story with dermaroller but It did not make my situation lot worse so for someone who does not take any anti androgen that's not that bad. I was also using nizoral. I also tried licl last year for 6months and no results.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's pretty interesting then. If you were going for mild erythema for 2.5 years and now you get better results by going harder then that could be solid proof of something.
I use a pen, so that also wounds pretty effectively. Also, I don't think my temples are coming back with this (been gone for a few years now), so I get ya. I only have hopes on RCH-01 or Follica (if it materializes) for that. Good luck, buddy!
I have a couple of questions. How long does it take for the blood spots to disappear? Also, do you need to apply anything on the blood spots after needling?
Blood spots should be washed off with water. As for applying something, you could apply Betadine!

Also, just in case someone hasn't seen it or doesn't know about it: NGF-574H is gonna be available in July (first in Korean clinics and hospitals, then to the general public later... hopefully not that much later).
For those who don't know what this is, it's a stem cell derived topical, which according to the paper is at least as effective as Minoxidil (so it could actually be more effective, but even if it stays as "as effective" it's still f*****g great cause Minoxidil FINALLY gets benched and we get an alternative)... So this thread could take an interesting turn in the following months. I hope I can afford it.
Peace y'all!

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I followed the dhurat study during 1year.I used a 1,5 roller..minoxidil every day except day of dermarolling (24h). 6 months I dermarolled once a week then I read a study that said the wound healing process could take 2weeks(growth factors) So I switched to dermaroller every other week. After A year I dropped minoxidil And I did not have any shedding, so maybe dermaroller kept most of my hairs but I can’t be sure.then I kept dermarolling every other week . I switched to dermastamp few months ago.I can't call it a success story with dermaroller but It did not make my situation lot worse so for someone who does not take any anti androgen that's not that bad. I was also using nizoral. I also tried licl last year for 6months and no results.
And now you are following the Needling everyday regimen, right?

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get blood along the hairline but beyond that I don't really see blood. And I definitely push down as hard as I do on the hairline because it doesn't hurt nearly as much toward the back as it does on the hairline. I usually have a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and wipe the blood after each hairline pass. It's easier to clean like this when it's wet.
I have same blood/pain experience as you. I even increased from 1.5mm to 1.75 from beyond the hairline and I didn't get much blood at all. The hairline is where I've seen the most obvious progress so I really don't know if bleeding is the cause of that. I do feel like I've gone particular harder over the region I'm seeing the most progress on.

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good ways to relieve itching in my scalp? It’s been getting really annoying and sometimes I find myself waking up from sleep itching my scalp hard. I’m really concerned I’m doing some damage

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would also say we do have evidence harder = better results.

The vast majority of intense, aggressive, hard rollers have had the most impressive cosmetic results. Myself included, pictures will be posted in June. I have literally brought my hairline forward to almost its original natural state, as well as most of the coverage on the scalp by wounding hard.
You mean Minoxidil did too.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update on my regimen: started using an electric dermastamp last month. The idea was to replace the dermaroller with the dr pen device but i change my mind.

The main reasons are some differences between the 2 techniques. I have a hunch the type of wounding achieved by dermarolling is more effective. Dont have solid proof though.

So I'll dermaroll one side of the scalp and dermastamp the other, both at 2mm for 8 months and compare results to evaluate efficacy.

I'm still responding great to microneedling with solid regrowth on both temples and in general so if the dermastamped area remains the same or start receding, well that could mean that for some of use one technique is better than the other.

Plan to do a 2 year update in November. Was checking old pics and the improvement can be noted from a mile away. I dont have baseline close looking pics (scalp only), that prevented me from posting pics till now. But the differences can still be appreciated.

Last edited:

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Four month anniversary today! I've done 17 session ranging from 1.5 to 2.0mm. I use minoxidil morning and evening even the day i needle.
I mainly have receded temples and a slight thinning on the front so i focus my needling there which as we know are the absolute hardest to regrow. I also quit dutasteride 6 months ago so i'm expecting my progress to be significantly halted by my body going haywire over that.

I have pretty good before pictures but i will wait until month six to share them since i think that is a good time to show early results no time to be impatient when trying to keep our hair for life!
My initial results though is that at first like for many others the situation worsened, which could be because i went of dutasteride of course who knows but i feel like i have stabilized and i see the blond hairs (while almost non existent on my oldest bald areas still) slowly getting longer the closer i get to my current hairline, hidden within my healthy hair it looks like the tiny blond hairs are actually starting to turn into real healthy hair.

I'm 27 and i would say my temples has receded very slowly since i was 18, didn't really notice anything was amiss until 22. My hair is still close to good enough that people who aren't balding could think it's just a mature hairline but i've lost at least 3 cm's from my original hairline at my "widows peaks?" and i can see the hairline thinning out

Overall i'm feeling quite good about this, no heavy medications messing with my hormones just a weekly ritual of pain and for me maintenance would be good enough for now!

Last edited:

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And now you are following the Needling everyday regimen, right?

no 1,5mm once every 10-12days, that's really for the wound healing process. but in coming weeks I think I might buy another device but with shorter needles (like 0,5mm) just for mild redness to use in between the 1,5 sessions. I have never tried such protocol. that will be the last attempt. If I don't see improvment I will go for electric device. But tbh my shedding is under control so I'm not losing ground atm. I am not in a hurry.

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
4ish months in, session every 15 days roughly. NO minoxidil, I wanted to try the "vanilla" needlin' first. :)
So, definitely an improvement, the hair is thicker overall, some small hairs sprouting all over, generally I'm satisfied with the progress, however I think guys using minoxidil have stronger and faster results, but it is really not convenient for me to use minoxidil and wash my hair often etc, so I'm gonna stick with this for now.

So basically I'm only around 4 months in, I'm looking forward to seeing 6 month results.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4ish months in, session every 15 days roughly. NO minoxidil, I wanted to try the "vanilla" needlin' first. :)
So, definitely an improvement, the hair is thicker overall, some small hairs sprouting all over, generally I'm satisfied with the progress, however I think guys using minoxidil have stronger and faster results, but it is really not convenient for me to use minoxidil and wash my hair often etc, so I'm gonna stick with this for now.

So basically I'm only around 4 months in, I'm looking forward to seeing 6 month results.

You also take Fina or Duta?

dermaroller666

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's pretty interesting then. If you were going for mild erythema for 2.5 years and now you get better results by going harder then that could be solid proof of something.
I use a pen, so that also wounds pretty effectively. Also, I don't think my temples are coming back with this (been gone for a few years now), so I get ya. I only have hopes on RCH-01 or Follica (if it materializes) for that. Good luck, buddy!

Blood spots should be washed off with water. As for applying something, you could apply Betadine!

Also, just in case someone hasn't seen it or doesn't know about it: NGF-574H is gonna be available in July (first in Korean clinics and hospitals, then to the general public later... hopefully not that much later).
For those who don't know what this is, it's a stem cell derived topical, which according to the paper is at least as effective as Minoxidil (so it could actually be more effective, but even if it stays as "as effective" it's still f*****g great cause Minoxidil FINALLY gets benched and we get an alternative)... So this thread could take an interesting turn in the following months. I hope I can afford it.
Peace y'all!
Minoxidil doesn't work on old alopecia. That's good news
Because of the story of the barbecued man and 2youngretire and others in this forum, I am sure that microneedling works but you don't be afraid to press deep down

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do I need to wound daily if I'm doing the Chen method? I've been rolling lightly daily but wounding once a week.