Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 412 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. overpourgoodfortune

overpourgoodfortune Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @paul1988 - Thanks! That top down angle is great to see the crown progress. It is a bit deceiving though to judge density. My crown hair is certainly growing again and growing longer which is good. Overall density is still pretty thin though which is difficult to tell from that angle.

I'll try to put together a front comparison again as well, or some from different angles if I can piece together some similar photos. My temples are fairly receded and there isn't much progress there. I did have some stray hairs pop up out of nowhere at the hairline initially, but not much action since.

2. cvcsticks

cvcsticks New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Amazing results, congrats! Doesn’t look like you experienced a shed in the first couple of months either? Or did you get one?

3. overpourgoodfortune

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @cvcsticks - It doesn't appear that way from the photos, but I did start finasteride/minoxidil a week and a bit prior to starting needling. It felt like it continued to thin for the first month, but then the photos show otherwise. I didn't take a baseline photo when starting the finasteride/minoxidil though, but that was only a week'ish prior needling.

cvcsticks likes this.
  4. overpourgoodfortune

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Found a minoxidil+Dermaroller 2 month progress thread on Reddit.com/r/tressless here:
    Dude (u/KolaJ23) seems to have some hairline progress:

#8224 overpourgoodfortune, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  5. TNTS

TNTS Member

Dislikes Received:
    shaved my head today and i notice a whitening effect all over my forehead and nw6 area...wtf...?
    there was a post about that but i can't find it...

6. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You still use sandalore? Maybe from that.

7. TNTS

TNTS Member

Dislikes Received:
    yes, right after needling...one month in and i see some positive results...but this is very annoying and makes me worry. Do you read something similar at sandalore thread?

8. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    No, it's just speculation. Never read about what you encountered to be caused be needling in this thread.

9. NarWhal7

NarWhal7 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    9 months of Finasteride in the left photo.

I started dermarolling 3 months after Finasteride, 1.5mm once every 10 days, was getting minimal bleeding if any, didn't want to hurt myself. But I did get redness and soreness for maybe 1 day.
    I dermarolled like that for 4-5 months, and then at my 7.5 month mark from starting treatments (Min/finasteride/nizoral) I switched to a Dr Pen.

So I've been using the Dr. Pen every 7-8 days, 1.75mm, fastest setting, 30 pins, drawing as much blood/soreness as I can handle for the past 6 weeks.

10. NarWhal7

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    This sounds like a good strategy.

I don't know if there is a right or wrong way to do it. My current method is to go over each area until it hurts too much to go over again, typically about 4-5 passes. I press down pretty good with 1.75mm, 30 needles, fastest setting on my A6. I generally only draw blood on the front part of my scalp no matter how hard I press on the back. Haven't tried going to 2.0mm yet.

Also, I do a first pass doing circle motion to try and make sure I get all areas of scalp, and then I go back with horizontal / vertical rows and focus areas that aren't bleeding/sore.

overpourgoodfortune likes this.
  11. NarWhal7

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I have certain streaks of my scalp that go white, and then it goes away and other parts of scalp goes white.
    Not really sure what it is, but my hair is growing back and it doesn't hurt or bother me in any way *shrug*

I take a bit of sandalore oil but only started that very recently and I had the white streaks wayyy long ago, like 7 months ago I first saw it.

12. Kev123

Kev123 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Back 10 years ago I thought better treatments (than finasteride and minoxidil) being widely available by 2019 was a given, no way in hell there would be nothing new that's fda approved for hair loss by now. Well here we are and we still have finasteride and minoxidil as the best line of defense vs male pattern baldness that's fda approved. That's just crazy. I still come here to see what's new or which one of the treatments on trial is the best but I always leave with less and less hope every time I visit. Lol just gotta keep my focus on other stuff like gym and master's degree and stay balding.

ToLGuy likes this.
  13. overpourgoodfortune

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @Kev123 - Sad that there aren't many new treatments in such a long rime, indeed.

Have you tried needling or given thought to it? You are posting in a needling thread after all. There is reason to have hope with results some are having.

14. tressful11

tressful11 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Sometimes ancient wisdom can be far more better than modern treatments. During the initial stages of hairloss my mother told me to start daily scalp massages. I thought it was bullshit and didn't even try. 3 years later when finasteride and min barely improved anything, I am now trying scalp massages and microneedling. They have atleast slowed down hairfall significantly

kungfukenny likes this.
  15. J0ker

J0ker Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Beginning to get heart palpitations / tight chest 1 week into minoxidil 5% 1x/day, just like how it stated before when I did 2x/day months ago. Didn't even make it to 10 days this time. Will continue for a few days and if it gets worse again I will stop. Checked blood pressure and it is normal.

I will try the foam without propylene glycol just to cover all bases and if sides continue then it was nice knowing you boys. Maybe I'll try all those essential oils but I think it's over. My body hates minoxidil. Got unbearable sides from finasteride in 2 days that lasted months. Microneedling made my hair way worse. Nizoral didn't do anything.

My hair loss is worse than it's ever been.

GG.

Capone likes this.
  16. kiwi666

kiwi666 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Curious. Are you:
    A) very unfit
    B) unfit
    C) somewhat fit
    D) fit
    E) very fit

I am wondering how much your health makes a difference,

17. Kev123

Kev123 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've tried it but not for long enough or consistently enough. I wouldn't count my attempt.

18. Capone

Capone Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Try a Beta Sitosterol supplement, Coconut oil before Nizoral. Also wash your hair in black tea, also drink black tea. Cut down on sugar/fat/carbs.. save for a FUE..

19. J0ker

J0ker Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm pretty unfit at the moment. Maybe between B and C. Not fat at all but don't do much exercise.

kiwi666 likes this.
  20. Hakandogan

Hakandogan Member

Dislikes Received:
    My latest results WhatsApp Image 2019-01-09 at 12.48.15.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-01-21 at 10.13.02.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-01-14 at 15.54.19.jpeg file-12.jpeg file-14.jpeg

And old and new me :)
    file-16.jpeg
    file-15.jpeg