Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanna check in to see if this kind of redness is normal the day after

https://imgur.com/a/Mb2ewEE

Also, Is it safe to use castor oil the day after needling?

of course such redness is normal. secondly from my pov people should not apply any product right after woundig (1,5 and more) and should wait for 24h like the dhurat study. wounding itself release pge2, growth facotrs etc... Just let the wound heals itself. Of course a compound that target hair neogenesis is welcome but it's still random and maybe more advisable for people with advanced hairloss). People usually have results with just wounding device or wounding device+minoxidil (there are enough studies to prove this ).
that said I don't think you have AAG, it looks like a mature hairline people dream of at this age

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm really not sure about needling boyo's.

I keep changing my mind on it. I've been needling since the beginning of the year, once every 7-10 days on anything from 1.5mm-2mm and initially the first few months my hair looked a little better. There was some small barely noticeable hair growth on hairline, but only I would noticce it because obvs I am obsessed with my hair. So, little cosmetic difference, but hair felt okay and I was optimistic.

However for the past 3 or 4 weeks my hair looks and feels weaker and thinner. I use toppik and i've been using more of it and it's getting harder to hide that I'm using it i.e. the area behind my hairline is thinner and the toppik is almost visible whereas before I jsut needed a sprinkle all over and i was good to go

The past three sssions I have tried to go a bit harder on 2mm as that seems to induce better growth factors, but currently I'm not that hopeful. There's also the issue if shock loss as well.

i'm 36 y/o, diffuser, 100% coverage but weak density all over especially crown and area behind forelock.

I'm thinking I'm gonna need minoxidil to see any benefits from needling, but I'm determined to see this out for the rest of the year without it and compare my pictures

You are in the time frame where most succesfull cases reported their hair got worse, just keep being consistent and hopefully you will soon be over that hump! If you ever need motivation just check the progress photo thread, people have had some crazy results! Minoxidil is obviously ideal but be prepared to lose even more ground at first when starting it since most people experience a shed at first on it!

My point is that we should always expect it to take as long to regain the hair as it took to lose it, that is not based in any studies but i think it's a healthy mindset to have!

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are in the time frame where most succesfull cases reported their hair got worse, just keep being consistent and hopefully you will soon be over that hump! If you ever need motivation just check the progress photo thread, people have had some crazy results! Minoxidil is obviously ideal but be prepared to lose even more ground at first when starting it since most people experience a shed at first on it!

My point is that we should always expect it to take as long to regain the hair as it took to lose it, that is not based in any studies but i think it's a healthy mindset to have!
Bro, I don't think you are right in this one. You've said this a couple of times and I've looked back in this thread and actually, the anecdotes donot support this. The only account that has reported getting worse and then getting regrowth is numeberguy, but it happened to him between month 1 and month 2.

Some of the dudes saying they are getting worse are at 4 months. I have no clue whether that means they will regrow that hair or not, but I don't think you should keep telling the "many successful needles also went thru that" story.

I would just suggest everyone who's losing ground to keep doing it for a year, without promising anything as there's a lot we still don't know.

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
of course such redness is normal. secondly from my pov people should not apply any product right after woundig (1,5 and more) and should wait for 24h like the dhurat study. wounding itself release pge2, growth facotrs etc... Just let the wound heals itself. Of course a compound that target hair neogenesis is welcome but it's still random and maybe more advisable for people with advanced hairloss). People usually have results with just wounding device or wounding device+minoxidil (there are enough studies to prove this ).
that said I don't think you have AAG, it looks like a mature hairline people dream of at this age

Thanks for the input and kind words. Believe me, I do have AAG (all men in my family are bald). I’ve been on finasteride and minoxidil for 2 years and it’s been amazing, and my sides wore off after 2 months

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So much negativity and doubt. Im debating posting my results early to give people hope
As there has been an overflow of non responders, a dose of hope coming from successful cases is more welcome.
JJL58, could you please remind us your story? You weren't getting results for months and now you are gaining ground, right?

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As there has been an overflow of non responders, a dose of hope coming from successful cases is more welcome.
JJL58, could you please remind us your story? You weren't getting results for months and now you are gaining ground, right?

I was balding so bad people were telling me to shave my head. i bought an omnishaver and started to slick my head bald. I have a pic right before I started this.

I then decided to try minoxidil, regenepure DR, and hard needling for a fun experiment. I have regained most coverage, although it's still diffused. Regardless, very impressive.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lads, I'm very worried that I am getting shock loss on my right temple, can any bros reassure me this sh*t will grow back I'm freaking out pretty bad right now and an axious mess.
How deep did you go? 2mm causes shock loss for me i think. 1.5 doesn't.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RESULTS.

I was going to wait until June but i'm being nice and hope to spark hope.

November 2018. Before needling. This is after 1 month of growth. Yes, 1 month of growth as well as a haircut + shapeup.

PhkxEI7m.jpg

UUB36aam.jpg

1 Month Results

SyXWRDqm.jpg

NPajduvm.jpg

2 Month Results

etzmUGTm.jpg

3 Month Results (haircut + shaped)

ZRMtqHVm.jpg

4 Month Results
(haircut + shaped)

RkY640bm.jpg

ToH28Evm.jpg

2 Weeks ago (Grown out from haircut and lineup, you can see it's diffused. I'm working on fixing the diffusing, not sure how. But the coverage is there)

YacznOym.jpg

Yesterday + Today

eL1dhLVm.jpg

6oqiPpWm.jpg
(Harsh light)

KxZ496Ym.jpg

E5wffFum.jpg

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Just needling? What depth?

RESULTS.

November 2018. Before needling. This is after 1 month of growth. Yes, 1 month of growth as well as a haircut + shapeup.

View attachment 116457
View attachment 116458

1 Month Results

View attachment 116459
View attachment 116460

2 Month Results

View attachment 116461

View attachment 116462

4 Month Results
(haircut + shaped)

View attachment 116463
View attachment 116464

2 Weeks ago (Grown out from haircut and lineup, you can see it's diffused. I'm working on fixing the diffusing, not sure how. But the coverage is there)

View attachment 116465

Yesterday + Today

View attachment 116466

View attachment 116467 (Harsh light)

View attachment 116468

View attachment 116469

j4r0d

Reaction score
I'm really not sure about needling boyo's.

I keep changing my mind on it. I've been needling since the beginning of the year, once every 7-10 days on anything from 1.5mm-2mm and initially the first few months my hair looked a little better. There was some small barely noticeable hair growth on hairline, but only I would noticce it because obvs I am obsessed with my hair. So, little cosmetic difference, but hair felt okay and I was optimistic.

However for the past 3 or 4 weeks my hair looks and feels weaker and thinner. I use toppik and i've been using more of it and it's getting harder to hide that I'm using it i.e. the area behind my hairline is thinner and the toppik is almost visible whereas before I jsut needed a sprinkle all over and i was good to go

The past three sssions I have tried to go a bit harder on 2mm as that seems to induce better growth factors, but currently I'm not that hopeful. There's also the issue if shock loss as well.

i'm 36 y/o, diffuser, 100% coverage but weak density all over especially crown and area behind forelock.

I'm thinking I'm gonna need minoxidil to see any benefits from needling, but I'm determined to see this out for the rest of the year without it and compare my pictures

Very interesting. I have exactly the same age and hair loss (full cover but thinning hair in diffuse pattern), i started needling 4 month ago, since then my hair has been thinning at a faster pace, and it does so in area that were rather more dense (crown) and where I press deeper as it is less sensitive in that area. My conclusion is that I will try to not exceed 1.5mm (i did mostly 2mm) and I will reduce frequency to 10 days.
Dr Prassad gave an interesting comment abt needling where he mentioned that it often results in thinner hair. I thought that was BS to promote his stuff, but looking at my hair, he might not he wrong.
I will continue needling anyway, as no treatment has been able to stop that sh*t.

j4r0d

Reaction score
Very interesting. I have exactly the same age and hair loss (full cover but thinning hair in diffuse pattern), i started needling 4 month ago, since then my hair has been thinning at a faster pace, and it does so in area that were rather more dense (crown) and where I press deeper as it is less sensitive in that area. My conclusion is that I will try to not exceed 1.5mm (i did mostly 2mm) and I will reduce frequency to 10 days.
Dr Prassad gave an interesting comment abt needling where he mentioned that it often results in thinner hair. I thought that was BS to promote his stuff, but looking at my hair, he might not he wrong.
I will continue needling anyway, as no treatment has been able to stop that sh*t.

I forgot to mention that I use minoxidil, and besides nasty dark circles... I don’t see any improvment regarding thinning.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

I hope not “as long”... otherwise it’s going to take me ten years!!!

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RESULTS.

View attachment 116457
View attachment 116458

1 Month Results

View attachment 116459
View attachment 116460

2 Month Results

View attachment 116461

View attachment 116462

4 Month Results
(haircut + shaped)

View attachment 116463
View attachment 116464

View attachment 116465

Yesterday + Today

View attachment 116466

View attachment 116467 (Harsh light)

View attachment 116468

View attachment 116469
Great results. Congrats! I’m 5 sessions in with D2 at 1.5 at medium speed. I do the temples, hairline and forelock as those are the areas I’ve lost and/or am thinning the most. I think I’m pressing as hard as I can (even though I don’t actually find it all that painful) and I’m definitely drawing blood everywhere. On my last session I even bent the needles! On the last 2 sessions i upped to 1.75 to finish off and did a couple more passes to all areas. But the redness seems to disappear in less than one day to the point where it doesn’t even look like I’ve wounded at all even at the temples which have no coverage. the tenderness lasts maybe 2 or 3 days tops. I think it’s far too early to see any results but I’m just wondering if I’m doing anything wrong since it really only looks/feels wounded in the immediate hours after a session. Maybe I’m just a quick healer. But I would think that at 1.5 -1.75 pressing hard and drawing blood I should be experiencing a longer heal time. Anyway, great post. I hope your pics inspires people to keep at this.