Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Gotten Siken

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am wondering if we should cover the scalp with betadine to disinfect after dermarolling. Because minoxidil solutions contain ethanol and ethanol is quite strong antiseptic. If you use minoxidil you dont need to use any other antiseptic solution for your scalp. Am i wrong?

Bushi

Reaction score
Think of given this a try till the Korean topical comes out.
But do people still have dark circles and aging skin as sides? Or is there anything to prevent that?

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting fact: I am running my hands through my scalp in and out of the shower and I'm having zero signs of losing any hair or of shedding. Something is definitely going on

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Having your hair back to baseline or even worse at the 3-4 month mark is expected. It happened to me as well, which did not surprise me in the slightest, in fact my prediction was only two weeks off of when i expected this to occur.

This is part of hair growth cycle. Generally speaking, growth (or hairloss) is attributed to an event that happens three months earlier. This is why for minoxidil, they say it takes about 3 months to work.

Frankly speaking, I am shocked people are not aware of this on a hair loss forum...

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I added (again) nizoral in my routine few weeks ago, my scalp definitely feels better and hairs look thicker. I forgot how powerfull this sh*t was. For the sceptics have a look at this study below.
Now the question is should we use Ketoconazole shampoo 1% everyday or 2% 3 times a week. I know there are few guys who use it in a topical or the nizoral cream(there is a study that shows it works)but that's surely too harsh for the liver. OR maybe a little concentration may work but it's just about being a guinea pig and the risk that come with it, I would not recommend that.

Attachments

• 10.1159@000017954.pdf
    87.6 KB · Views: 290

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m very surprised about how fast healing is on my scalp nowadays. I did derminator yesterday and today 90% of the redness is gone. The first sessions the redness would last uncomfortably long time (4 days). I always use new needles and new settings. Body is amazing.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Having your hair back to baseline or even worse at the 3-4 month mark is expected. It happened to me as well, which did not surprise me in the slightest, in fact my prediction was only two weeks off of when i expected this to occur.

This is part of hair growth cycle. Generally speaking, growth (or hairloss) is attributed to an event that happens three months earlier. This is why for minoxidil, they say it takes about 3 months to work.

Frankly speaking, I am shocked people are not aware of this on a hair loss forum...

How nobody knows about it, it has it’s own subforum here?

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I added (again) nizoral in my routine few weeks ago, my scalp definitely feels better and hairs look thicker. I forgot how powerfull this sh*t was. For the sceptics have a look at this study below.
Now the question is should we use Ketoconazole shampoo 1% everyday or 2% 3 times a week. I know there are few guys who use it in a topical or the nizoral cream(there is a study that shows it works)but that's surely too harsh for the liver. OR maybe a little concentration may work but it's just about being a guinea pig and the risk that come with it, I would not recommend that.

I use keta everyday and look at my results

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm... aren’t you supposed to use ketoconazole once every 3 days or so? Or are you using nizoral every 3 days, and regenepure DR in between ?

Gooner184

My Regimen
Reaction score
Simple. You can get everything you need at your local store too.

1. Isopropyl alcohol
2. Betadine liquid solution

Soak the dermaroller in the alcohol. Take a shower. Throughly scrub your scalp with a good shampoo. This is as important as sanitizing the dermaroller, as bacteria is living on the scalp as well.

After the shower, cover the scalp with betadine. Wait 10 minutes. Wash hands. Remove the dermaroller. Roll hard with betadine on scalp.

Wash hands when finished. Rinse dermaroller in cold water. Resoak in isopropyl alcohol. Rinse scalp with cool water. Dry with clean towel / paper towels / toilet paper (there are open wounds so be careful). Re apply betadine to scalp / wounds for 10 minutes. Wash hands. Rinse scalp with cool water thoroughly. Dry with clean paper towels / toilet paper.

Use clean pillow cases for the next couple days. Don't touch scalp. Wait 12 - 24 hours before applying topicals or washing scalp.

As a General rule, keep the needles, hands, and scalp clean and you'll be fine.

I usually don't like to name brands but i use Regenepure Dr

Yeah, i only spaced it out for a week but said screw it since i was having results. The wounds have to heal anyways so i don't believe the shampoo does anything to interfere. If anything its possible it speeds up the process.

This is exactly my plan. A hard serious regimen to bring everything back, and then convenience to maintain. Ill be shocked if i recover all of the thickness. It would be incredible.

Thanks for all the detail you've gone into, gonna follow this protocol. On the day you dermaroll, do you use the regenepure right before needling?

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the detail you've gone into, gonna follow this protocol. On the day you dermaroll, do you use the regenepure right before needling?

Yes. If I used Regenepure in the morning ill use nizoral before the needling. Regenepure is pretty expensive and I try ro keep it to once a day.

Let the regenepure soak in the scalp for 10 minutes or so beforw rinsing.

Leto

Reaction score
Yes. If I used Regenepure in the morning ill use nizoral before the needling. Regenepure is pretty expensive and I try ro keep it to once a day.

Let the regenepure soak in the scalp for 10 minutes or so beforw rinsing.

Think about adding finasteride and maybe changing dermaroller to dermapen. If your regrowth is like that after 5-6 months, then you can have really astounding results after 1 year. Definitely waiting for it

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Think about adding finasteride and maybe changing dermaroller to dermapen. If your regrowth is like that after 5-6 months, then you can have really astounding results after 1 year. Definitely waiting for it

Finasteride worries me due to side effects. I have a pen from wish but i don't like using it as much as a roller because I feel like i can alter the pressure of a roller better. But I'm open to using the pen more.

What I'm doing to hit the diffusion from another angle is upping my calcium intake, vitamin D + K2, and daily asprin.

Thanks for tuning in

Leto

Reaction score
Finasteride worries me due to side effects. I have a pen from wish but i don't like using it as much as a roller because I feel like i can alter the pressure of a roller better. But I'm open to using the pen more.

What I'm doing to hit the diffusion from another angle is upping my calcium intake, vitamin D + K2, and daily asprin.

Thanks for tuning in

I'd recommend you trying finasteride, just don't focus on sides that much. If you're not paranoid person in general, then you should be more than fine.

Gooner184

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks for tuning in
I don't think it's worth the risk either. You've got good results from this in only four months so why change anything or risk any side effects

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Need help, My scalp got hella harder after yesterday’s session. Is this normal or did i needled too hard ?

Last edited:

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously need help, my scalp got hella harder after last session which was yesterday. Am i doing something wrong ?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
man you are a good responder. I followed same regimen(minoxidil/wounding) for 2years believe it or no but maybe not doing it as hard as you. I have a blatant hairloss like you.. Now Iam dermstampin the hard way and re addeed nizoral I was not using it at that time. Another user had quite impressive result with only wounding/ketoconazole. Maybe this is a missing link.. How old are you if i mAy?? hairloss history is important also.
the more people wait the harder it is to reverse?
Could be the Betadine, also.

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got a couple of questions

Q1. Has anybody used a stamp? I've got this weak *** pen that gets stuck if I use it firmly, and if I don't it feels like the pen isn't going deep enough. I can't afford an expensive pen so I don't mind using an adjustable stamp for a few months.

Q2. I've got mate trying this and he has had an explosion of hair on his head just after the 2nd week of his first session. He is broke Uni student too so he can only afford a roller. He has tried rogaine and propecia before but he only got a little regrowth and he remembers the speed of that regrowth. But just after his first session his entire scalp has these tiny hairs and they are grown faster than his unaffected hair. I have noticed this myself because I see him regularly and so it's not only him. Has this happened to anyone here who suddenly got a burst of hair growth after adding dermarolling? As if those dormant hair got a kick in their ***?

I use a 2 mm dermastamp and it works perfectly fine. I use a Koi derma stamp btw. Its worth only $15.

I've been doing this for just over a month. I think my hair loss has decreased and there's a little improvement in overall hair. Can't say much about regrowth. It's just been a month. I will evaluate my situation after at least 3+ months regarding regrowth.