Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

baldco

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats pretty amazing when you think about it. So yes while using minoxidil alone and micro needling alone may exhibit the same regrowth. However when you stop needling the results potentially last alot longer. So even if every six months i can improve my overall hair quality. If i continue infrequent needling i may be able to see continued progress or at the very least maintain what i've gained.

I would definitely think about keeping up with the minoxidil at the very least with needling, especially since you used it before and i'm assuming tolerate it well. You have people that used it for a while with no results till they started needling.
My bad if I wasn't clear but I am still on big 3 in addition to dermarolling. I never changed my regimen.. just added derma 4 months ago.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Found the results summary (Photos) of the first 100 or so pages for any newcomers. @ImpedingReceding put this together on Page 137. As he said on Page 138 - it would be good for @ZenHead to add this to the first page if possible?

As he said "Regimens and length between pictures vary, all are consistent micro-needlers though". It would be good to keep better track of who some of those users are (historical, current etc), their regimens, etc - but it is what it is. @Bill_Russo - maybe you can include that prominently somewhere on the FAQ thread so we can refer folks to it?

Pelimorfo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi.. i did my second sesion and my scalp become so dry and itchy.
Is posible to do it not using betadine or iodine?
I think i will use it just for the roller but not for the scalp.
Somebody do it without betadine?
I think that was the cause of the itchy...
After 2 weeks looks like 90% of the itchy disapear...so i can try another way...

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But that sounds great. Isn't 50mg quite a small dose for Setipiprant? A lot of people seem to be pessimistic about crth2/dp2 blockers, but if such a small dose works for you, thats actually a good sign. Are you going to try Fevipiprant once it comes to for asthma next year?
Isn’t 40/50mg a very small dose? But that’s cool if it’s working for you.
you are confusing oral and topical. Its for oral where u need a lot more.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After 2 weeks looks like 90% of the itchy disapear...so i can try another way...
I started out using the multiple small 70% alcohol injection wipes i just use a paper towel now spayed with 70% bulk purchase alcohol i was just spraying my scalp with 70% alcohol, but i sprayed my eyes and it was not fun.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
I am happy that you are seeing some growth and thickness on the crown. I am 4 months into it and have lost significant ground on both temples and crown. I find this so strange since my temples were in pretty good shape before starting derma. I am encouraged by the fact that some people here are having better luck than me and convinced to me to keep going for another two months. If I don't see any results and continue to thin at this pace, might as well just throw in the towel and shave it off... Bummer I was doing ok on big three before I decided to go this route. Good Luck either ways and keep us updated.

I don't have any issues with my crown. When I say down the center, I mean the middle of the front 3rd of my scalp. Temples have gone to crap though. Going to give it another month or so and then abort and maybe try Somebody's method of rolling lightly before minoxidil.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, did I see correctly? Was the number guy banned? If so, why? Did it turn out that he was a scammer?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, did I see correctly? Was the number guy banned? If so, why? Did it turn out that he was a scammer?
According to the mod:
Roberto_72 said:
Some users needed some time off because they were linking their amazon shop for a commission. This is a consumer forum. You cannot do that.
We have not found any duplicates so far.
Please remain civil.
You can go with alcohol too. It's what I use. 70%.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 days till I've been microneedling alone for 3 months. Don't really think I have any results, in fact I think I'm still slowly getting worse.

Recently (today) I've been losing a lot of hair again. My hair loss seemed like it was completely stopped for ~3 weeks but now it's back. My head felt really good during this time. Can normally get 1-3 hairs when I run my fingers though now, before I could not get 1 after many attempts.

I have stopped the scalp massages and I've been going through a lot of emotional stress recently - I've been blasting a ton of loud music in my headphones recently which has not been beneficial to my ears or my head... I can't even wear them without getting a feeling of pressure on my head.

I really just think I need to relieve pressure on my head. I think it has caused my shedding to pick up again. My head feels awful today I think from stress. Still testing various electric head scalp massagers cause I really think they can be good. Just gotta find the right one that isn't too rough but actually does something. If I can't I guess I'll go back to massages using my fingers again.

Still have hope that it's possible to maintain/get hair back with a lite regimen without any sort of medications. Plan to keep doing this for a while longer (maybe 1 year) until I look into any other medication again. Yeah my experience with both finasteride and min were not pleasant.

Also when I raise my eyebrows I can feel my whole scalp moving lol... idk if I just noticed that or if it is a new thing.

Don't really have anything useful to contribute apart from the fact that I'm doing this without minoxidil so far for 3 months and I plan to keep going.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 days till I've been microneedling alone for 3 months. Don't really think I have any results, in fact I think I'm still slowly getting worse.

Recently (today) I've been losing a lot of hair again. My hair loss seemed like it was completely stopped for ~3 weeks but now it's back. My head felt really good during this time. Can normally get 1-3 hairs when I run my fingers though now, before I could not get 1 after many attempts.

I have stopped the scalp massages and I've been going through a lot of emotional stress recently - I've been blasting a ton of loud music in my headphones recently which has not been beneficial to my ears or my head... I can't even wear them without getting a feeling of pressure on my head.

I really just think I need to relieve pressure on my head. I think it has caused my shedding to pick up again. My head feels awful today I think from stress. Still testing various electric head scalp massagers cause I really think they can be good. Just gotta find the right one that isn't too rough but actually does something. If I can't I guess I'll go back to massages using my fingers again.

Still have hope that it's possible to maintain/get hair back with a lite regimen without any sort of medications. Plan to keep doing this for a while longer (maybe 1 year) until I look into any other medication again. Yeah my experience with both finasteride and min were not pleasant.

Also when I raise my eyebrows I can feel my whole scalp moving lol... idk if I just noticed that or if it is a new thing.

Don't really have anything useful to contribute apart from the fact that I'm doing this without minoxidil so far for 3 months and I plan to keep going.
It appears that we're both the only ones who'll do this for a year. Others say they'll upgrade to microneedling + Minoxidil earlier, so gotta keep tags on each other.

I've also quit the massages. Figured I'd do this strictly with microneedling alone, even if the massages provide minimal results.

I'm a month in and shedding is pretty much 0. Not like it was that bad before anyway, but it is a lot better now. I get like 5 hairs when I wash my hair in the sink after waking up vs the 10-15 or so I used to get. We'll see how that keeps up. Aside from that, no other sign of improvement other than my hair looking great.

Good luck, man.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, inflammation is definitely underrated.
ALex Somebody has a video out today where he says that if you still have inflammation, you need to get that under control first before using a pen or roller, otherwise it won't work, or may exacerbate hairloss.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ALex Somebody has a video out today where he says that if you still have inflammation, you need to get that under control first before using a pen or roller, otherwise it won't work, or may exacerbate hairloss.

He could be right, I’m looking for ways to treat it at the moment.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
It appears that we're both the only ones who'll do this for a year. Others say they'll upgrade to microneedling + Minoxidil earlier, so gotta keep tags on each other.

I've also quit the massages. Figured I'd do this strictly with microneedling alone, even if the massages provide minimal results.

I'm a month in and shedding is pretty much 0. Not like it was that bad before anyway, but it is a lot better now. I get like 5 hairs when I wash my hair in the sink after waking up vs the 10-15 or so I used to get. We'll see how that keeps up. Aside from that, no other sign of improvement other than my hair looking great.

Good luck, man.
Im still here only microneedling without min and at 3 Month. I have tons of new hair both hairline and vertex. Going to continue forever

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
But how do you know all inflammation is gone? When there is no more itch? I had an itch today and then I rolled lightly with 1.5, after that I applied minoxidil. Gone itch.

BTW how does one completely get rid of inflammation. I'm doing it all pretty much, just look at my regimen

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But how do you know all inflammation is gone? When there is no more itch? I had an itch today and then I rolled lightly with 1.5, after that I applied minoxidil. Gone itch.

BTW how does one completely get rid of inflammation. I'm doing it all pretty much, just look at my regimen

Exactly and I have inflammation going on but there is not necessarily an itch.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Exactly and I have inflammation going on but there is not necessarily an itch.
And how do you know its inflammation? I'm now starting to wonder what IS inflammation :p It's just your follicles being attacked pretty much right?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't know. Maybe go to his YT channel and ask or get his opinion. He does respond.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And how do you know its inflammation? I'm now starting to wonder what IS inflammation :p It's just your follicles being attacked pretty much right?

I only know because I had blood test for hair loss and I was told I had inflammation.