Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

HairOnTheEdge

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm doing only needling right now. Two months in and I don't seem to notice any hair growth if anything I've got a shed. I'm like NW4 now though.

@yayapapaya You said you were doing it for a year. Did you use min? Did you get results? I'm thinking of throwing in the towel and adding min because I don't want to go for a year with a red scalp for nothing.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm doing only needling right now. Two months in and I don't seem to notice any hair growth if anything I've got a shed. I'm like NW4 now though.

@yayapapaya You said you were doing it for a year. Did you use min? Did you get results? I'm thinking of throwing in the towel and adding min because I don't want to go for a year with a red scalp for nothing.
You actually believed these scam studies that claim needling alone is as good as min?
Yes, I did get results with seti+needling, didnt't try with minoxidil. You MUST add something else for needling to work.
The inflammation wont let your hair regrow. Add minoxidil now, but remember, you will lose all gains if u quit minoxidil.
Also, it took me around 9-12 months to regrow decent amount. I'm gonna add Sandalore too, you should try as well, its cheap and increases IGF1.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Its the same for me. The thinnest part of my head doesnt bleed and hurts much less. When i roll right next to it where tbere is hair, pain spikes and i get blood spots. I can press harder in the balder spot, where as in the spots with hair, i can only tolerate light pressure
Is this a consequence of hair loss or just a feature of the scalp ...no idea

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems that the quality of my hair is increasing. It looks a little bit thicker.
I don't know though it might just be my hair growing longer.

The only way to confirm will be with the pictures.
Next month pictures might be interesting.

luen12

My Regimen
Reaction score
topically, maybe around 40-50mg a day. It's not a cure, not even close, but I get some decent regrowth and its stops shedding.

But that sounds great. Isn't 50mg quite a small dose for Setipiprant? A lot of people seem to be pessimistic about crth2/dp2 blockers, but if such a small dose works for you, thats actually a good sign. Are you going to try Fevipiprant once it comes to for asthma next year?

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You actually believed these scam studies that claim needling alone is as good as min?
Yes, I did get results with seti+needling, didnt't try with minoxidil. You MUST add something else for needling to work.
The inflammation wont let your hair regrow. Add minoxidil now, but remember, you will lose all gains if u quit minoxidil.
Also, it took me around 9-12 months to regrow decent amount. I'm gonna add Sandalore too, you should try as well, its cheap and increases IGF1.
I been doing full scalp needling i only min my hair line and shed seems to have reduce even in the areas i don't min tho those areas were all ready 90 hair per cm but they seem thicker and no longer itch so while i think needling alone on smooth scalp will be up hill battle i think needling gives fuller hair areas a little boost

mrbright

My Regimen
Reaction score
Impressive. Congratulations. You must be proud of yourself.

QUOTE="ZenHead, post: 1721622, member: 132975"]Hey all,

I found this post on tressless (reddit's forum for hair loss) earlier today. If you look at his pictures, the results are seriously impressive. This guy has never used finasteride, and had previously tried minoxdil for 2 years with no results. For these results, he apparently would use a dermapen on his entire scalp every 7-10 days, and use minoxodil twice a day. Keep in mind he never had results with minoxdil before this. He has posted 2 threads on reddit about his progress and seems pretty legit. Personally I've dermarolled before but only a handful of times - and never with an electronic pen. Might have to reconsider adding this into my regimen after seeing these results.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/...onth_progress_update_minoxidil_and_dermanpen/
https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/9lw8bz/how_to_video_microneedling_with_dermapen/
View attachment 101375

After popular request, I’ll summarize the exact procedure you should follow for maximum results. Shoutout to @74775446 who is the person in the above links that started this new hype on dermarolling. I’m basically just repeating his regimen below which I am also following.

1. Purchase an electric needling device such as a Dr. Pen or Derminator. These devices use needling cartridges, which can be used a few times - however I recommend switching the needling cartridge every session, they are very cheap. A dermaroller will also work but it is less effective and a bit harder to use.
2. Before needling, wash your scalp with shampoo. Sanitize the needling cartridge / roller in a basic disinfectant or alcohol, I also run mine under hot water for a minute just to ensure all bacteria and debris is removed.
3. Needle the effective areas accordingly. You should pass each area twice vertically, horizontally, and diagonally for a total of 6 passes. The needling device should be set to 1.5 - 2.0mm. Redness of the skin and even small pin pricks of blood should be visible. Don’t go too hard to where you’re bleeding to the point of it dripping, you could potentially scar your follicles that way.
4. Repeat this procedure every 7-10 days.
5. It is recommended to use minoxidil (rogaine) alongside dermaneedling. Wait 24 hours to apply minoxidil after a needling session. You should be applying minoxidil every day at least once a day if you choose to add this in.
6. Yes, it is normal for your scalp to be red / flaky a few days after a session. The redness should not be noticeable after 2 days.

It’s really quite a simple process, no need to overcomplicate or overthink things. If anyone has any other questions that I missed feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll update the FAQ.[/QUOTE]

luen12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know when fevi will be available?

Novartis plans on filing NDA in 2020. But they also seem to want to release it in 2020. So I guess late 2020 / early 2021 will be realistic. I also wonder how easy it will be to get an off-label prescription for it in the beginning.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear that, man... Not gonna say it's a good sign or anything like that, cause I don't actually know, but I do hope it gets better. God speed, bud.

On a side note, I should really stop browsing for gymnastics equipment, cause I run into sh*t like this and realize I don't have money to buy it: https://www.amazon.com/d/Ab-Trainers/Iron-Cross-Gymnastics-Strength-Trainer/B0079K7DGI
Here in Amsterdam we have work out spots outside, with equipment on which you can bench press and do dips, rows etc etc with adjustable weights. Don't you have those? I've got a gym membership but I love to get an outdoor workout every now and then

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here in Amsterdam we have work out spots outside, with equipment on which you can bench press and do dips, rows etc etc with adjustable weights. Don't you have those? I've got a gym membership but I love to get an outdoor workout every now and then
I know there are street workout parks with bars and stuff, I actually have one nearby (15-20 mins drive). The parks in the big city (Madrid) are awesome and I'm fairly close too. Sadly, I can't afford the monthly 20 euros with all the sh*t I'm already doing. I don't think I have an outdoor gym with that kind of equipment nearby, however. I might be wrong.
Sounds super cool though! I love working out outside.
Still, iron cross trainers belong on a gymnastics gym; you won't see them on a regular gym. As far as gymnastics go, regular gyms only have the rings.
That one's fairly cheap tho. I saw another one at +£300. Double the price and it's the same thing.

Now, needling related. I have to choose between cutting my hair or getting a cartridge. How fun is that?

Last edited:

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, as this is a community trial, it should be nice if we start summarizing our results so we can have a general idea of the efficacy of needling through time. How many of us already reached the 3 month mark? The survey designed by @benjt2 is very helpful, but to better summarize all of this info, it occurs to me that the survey can be translated into a simple table, so it would be easier to visualize and compare data, and also to estimate summary statistics.
@benjt2 do you mind if I use the data or your survey to make a table? Also, I'd be great if more people fill in the survey (it's posted on another thread in this section I think).
Of course, the table should be constantly updated (I'd say every three months) coz most of us are still in the early stages of the needling journey and we barely have success cases this early.

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
The studies are great and all that, but is anyone starting to have any noticeable results?

Holy sh*t. I feel like crying so much after this new pic I just took of my crown. The regrowth is unreal, absolute insanity what I've experienced. The joy I feel is overwhelming. I can't even believe how far I've come in such little time (just 2 months!). After Finasteride failed me I was ready to become a hermit and live a life of isolation... and to think that now I wake up in the morning and feel amazing about my hair. I can't believe it, I feel truly blessed. I literally just got on the ground and prayed for 10 minutes straight and might even start going to church again.

View attachment 111134

from the pits of hell and diffuse thinning...

View attachment 111135 View attachment 111136View attachment 111137

To a new person. These are the pics I've already posted before:

(On the the left, pic with WET hair, after getting out of the shower)
View attachment 111138 View attachment 111139 View attachment 111140

PIC IN HARSH FILTERING DIRECT SUNLIGHT THROUGH MY HAIR:

View attachment 111141

and today's new picture, taken a moment ago, of my crown in its current state (and yes, btw, I microneedled today):

View attachment 111142

View attachment 111143

also bonus hairline pic:

View attachment 111144

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, as this is a community trial, it should be nice if we start summarizing our results so we can have a general idea of the efficacy of needling through time. How many of us already reached the 3 month mark? The survey designed by @benjt2 is very helpful, but to better summarize all of this info, it occurs to me that the survey can be translated into a simple table, so it would be easier to visualize and compare data, and also to estimate summary statistics.
@benjt2 do you mind if I use the data or your survey to make a table? Also, I'd be great if more people fill in the survey (it's posted on another thread in this section I think).
Of course, the table should be constantly updated (I'd say every three months) coz most of us are still in the early stages of the needling journey and we barely have success cases this early.

Here is the thread where @benjt2 has started aggregating survey data:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...r-community-trial-on-hairlosstalk-com.120184/

You may be able to do a couple tables/charts off of this data.

It may also be time to summarize results photos, whether historical - or from users in this thread. Someone did it around pg 150'ish. Even links on the table to their results photos...