Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am happy that you are seeing some growth and thickness on the crown. I am 4 months into it and have lost significant ground on both temples and crown. I find this so strange since my temples were in pretty good shape before starting derma. I am encouraged by the fact that some people here are having better luck than me and convinced to me to keep going for another two months. If I don't see any results and continue to thin at this pace, might as well just throw in the towel and shave it off... Bummer I was doing ok on big three before I decided to go this route. Good Luck either ways and keep us updated.

Did you stop other treatments when you started microneedling?

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Just done my 5th session with Derminator at 1.5mm. Interesting that my very thin crown has never bled before but this time it was quite bloody. It hurt more than I remember too. Don't think I was pressing any harder.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They followed up the patients for 18 months after procedure and the results were sustained:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4458936/

Thats pretty amazing when you think about it. So yes while using minoxidil alone and micro needling alone may exhibit the same regrowth. However when you stop needling the results potentially last alot longer. So even if every six months i can improve my overall hair quality. If i continue infrequent needling i may be able to see continued progress or at the very least maintain what i've gained.

I am happy that you are seeing some growth and thickness on the crown. I am 4 months into it and have lost significant ground on both temples and crown. I find this so strange since my temples were in pretty good shape before starting derma. I am encouraged by the fact that some people here are having better luck than me and convinced to me to keep going for another two months. If I don't see any results and continue to thin at this pace, might as well just throw in the towel and shave it off... Bummer I was doing ok on big three before I decided to go this route. Good Luck either ways and keep us updated.

I would definitely think about keeping up with the minoxidil at the very least with needling, especially since you used it before and i'm assuming tolerate it well. You have people that used it for a while with no results till they started needling.

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just done my 5th session with Derminator at 1.5mm. Interesting that my very thin crown has never bled before but this time it was quite bloody. It hurt more than I remember too. Don't think I was pressing any harder.

Its the same for me. The thinnest part of my head doesnt bleed and hurts much less. When i roll right next to it where tbere is hair, pain spikes and i get blood spots. I can press harder in the balder spot, where as in the spots with hair, i can only tolerate light pressure

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m the same with finasteride, I’m still tempted to try it again in a lower dose topical though.
I’m actually about to add a minoxidil compound with azelaic acid, hydrocortisone, tretinoin and progesterone.
What do you think about the use of the anti-inflammatory and anti-infective agents mixed with minoxidil in this study?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3686323/

Excerpt from the pilot study...
"...only 55% of patients with male-pattern androgenic alopecia and microinflammation were shown to have hair regrowth in response to treatment with minoxidil, which was less than the 77% recorded for patients with no signs of inflammation. This suggests that perifollicular inflammation may be a contributing factor in some cases of androgenic alopecia that do not respond to minoxidil."

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good news: The midscalp and the front are almost blended in with the sides.
Bad news: The fullness of the midscalp and the front accentuate the weakness of the crown, especially the left side; and I think I'm going through a shed on my crown area ever since I have been rolling harder there.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good news: The midscalp and the front are almost blended in with the sides.
Bad news: The fullness of the midscalp and the front accentuate the weakness of the crown, especially the left side; and I think I'm going through a shed on my crown area ever since I have been rolling harder there.
I thought you were finally seeing some progress in your crown after 8 months of zero results back there. Can you please clarify that for us?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought you were finally seeing some progress in your crown after 8 months of zero results back there. Can you please clarify that for us?
Yeah, I was seeing progress until I started needling harder to speed up growth. Seems like a mini shed has begun after the whole lymph node incident. I'll report back in two weeks on this.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think about the use of the anti-inflammatory and anti-infective agents mixed with minoxidil in this study?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3686323/

Excerpt from the pilot study...
"...only 55% of patients with male-pattern androgenic alopecia and microinflammation were shown to have hair regrowth in response to treatment with minoxidil, which was less than the 77% recorded for patients with no signs of inflammation. This suggests that perifollicular inflammation may be a contributing factor in some cases of androgenic alopecia that do not respond to minoxidil."

Interesting, inflammation is definitely underrated.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it helped your hair? I mean did you see any improvement after starting turmeric and ashvwgandha.? What is your dose BTW?

Lol no.

I just take it to de-stress before bed and have a good rest.

Nothing will help your hair besides minoxidil, finasteride, microneedling, dutasteride, other drugs... if you are actually balding.