Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
T
On it.
EDIT:
Page 9: https://www.docdroid.net/Q4cnC2V/101080-at-1476417220171376094.pdf#page=9
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/

Indian study didn't do it with microneedling alone; I mixed it up with the Chinese study. My bad.
Yes, the Chinese study.
upload_2019-2-4_4-58-23.png

upload_2019-2-4_4-57-33.png

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, however:
The mean improvement in total hair density from baseline to 24 weeks was 18.8/cm2 in group 1, 23.4/cm2 in group 2, and 38.3/cm2 in group 3. The hair growth in the 3 groups was significantly different (P = 0.002), but there were no significant differences in toxicity found between the 3 groups.
Is anyone getting results from microneedling alone?
I think there are only 2 people here doing it (correct me if I'm wrong), but I'm a month in and @kiwi666 is 3 months in I believe. Too soon to tell in my case, not sure if kiwi has something to report.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, however:

I think there are only 2 people here doing it (correct me if I'm wrong), but I'm a month in and @kiwi666 is 3 months in I believe. Too soon to tell in my case, not sure if kiwi has something to report.
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say microneedling alone and minoxidil alone are about equally effective.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say microneedling alone and minoxidil alone are about equally effective.
Yeah, fair enough. It's honestly no use arguing about which is better, IMO; it's obvious that the best choice is a combination of treatments. It's just that people shouldn't go calling others "delusional" for quoting the studies.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, fair enough. It's honestly no use arguing about which is better, IMO; it's obvious that the best choice is a combination of treatments. It's just that people shouldn't go calling others "delusional" for quoting the studies.
Agreed 100%. We are all in this together to grow the hair and then slay the puss(or whatever everyone is into in 2019).

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The data does seem to say that but i would wager that on a longer timeline the needle gains and and maintenance would pull head of min if growth factors are as unlimited as we hope. I do both tho and apply immediately i love that sting

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed 100%. We are all in this together to grow the hair and then slay the puss(or whatever everyone is into in 2019).
Exactly! Haha, in my case I just wanna look in the mirror and say: "Yes, NOW I'm 100% happy with myself". But end goal's the same for all of us!
Hope we can get closer to that this year.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have battled hairloss since the age of 18.
In 1989 accidentally I read about Rogaine in a German Lifestyle magazine. Purchased it in the US the same year during a holiday.
In 1990 it became available in France so I sourced from there.
In 1999 I started with Propecia. In 2010 with Avodart.
Now, I hope that microneedling and Trinov plus Avodart will finally returns my happiness as far as hair is concerned.
No idea how I would feel then.
Almost like the jackpot in the lotto..I guess

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have battled hairloss since the age of 18.
In 1989 accidentally I read about Rogaine in a German Lifestyle magazine. Purchased it in the US the same year during a holiday.
In 1990 it became available in France so I sourced from there.
In 1999 I started with Propecia. In 2010 with Avodart.
Now, I hope that microneedling and Trinov plus Avodart will finally returns my happiness as far as hair is concerned.
No idea how I would feel then.
Almost like the jackpot in the lotto..I guess
My man. You have been at it for a long time, then.
Do keep us updated! How are you gonna do it? 1.5 mm x 1 time a week? 2 mm x 2 times a month? None of those?

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good news. My 23&Me results just came in this morning. Two fun health 'traits':

- Bald Spot: Likely no bald spot
- Early Hair Loss (thinning or balding before age 40): Likely no hair loss

Of course we know this is not all genetic, but I thought it was funny to read that. Good thing I didn't do that test when I was in my 20's. I'd probably think I'm free and clear!

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My man. You have been at it for a long time, then.
Do keep us updated! How are you gonna do it? 1.5 mm x 1 time a week? 2 mm x 2 times a month? None of those?

1mm once a fortnight. I may increase to 1.5mm once used to it.
Regarding Avodart etc, fortunately no side effects..that I am aware of. Perhaps libido..but that depends what the lady is like I am with at the time..

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1mm once a fortnight. I may increase to 1.5mm once used to it.
Regarding Avodart etc, fortunately no side effects..that I am aware of. Perhaps libido..but that depends what the lady is like I am with at the time..
Definitely increase to 1.5 mm if possible. It appears that the desired effects are achieved at a minimum depth of 1.5 mm. At least that's what the studies tell us, since those are the lengths they use.
That's good to hear, man. Hopefully your new additions can further improve your situation.
Best of luck with your hair loss journey.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently only microneedling as my treatment. Thinking about trying sandalore too. Anyone think if that’s a good idea?

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently only microneedling as my treatment. Thinking about trying sandalore too. Anyone think if that’s a good idea?
I don´t think adding sandalore can hurt, but so far i´m really not impressed with the results in the sandalore thread

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good news. My 23&Me results just came in this morning. Two fun health 'traits':

- Bald Spot: Likely no bald spot
- Early Hair Loss (thinning or balding before age 40): Likely no hair loss

Of course we know this is not all genetic, but I thought it was funny to read that. Good thing I didn't do that test when I was in my 20's. I'd probably think I'm free and clear!
Nice!

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Arrade - Yep. I'd only be happy about those results if I didn't already have a bald spot and wasn't thinning before 40 (yet, I am). Instead I'm here needling my head with a bunch of strangers.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m here with you. At least me and you have a heightened understanding which will aid is in achieving our goal

Agreed. All this bro-science stuff is a bit much - but there are many variables to hair loss. Genetics is only one... since my results are so wrong based on my current state.

Many variables are under our control, or at least many which we should at least have on our radars. Stress and diet are no joke. My thinning has rapidly increased in the last 10 years. Of course in those 10 years has come marriage, house, kids, and progressively more stresses at work. With kids showing up things have gotten much worse - but of course sleep and exercise have been at all time terrible levels.

For any solution to be effective - I think you need to have a reasonable environment for that to succeed as well. That includes reasonably good diet, sleep, stress levels, etc.

Luckily for me... the young kids are starting to sleep better, so I'm getting more sleep. My job has changed so while not without stress won't involve nearly as much. With the kids allowing me to sleep and with my work being from home typically... exercise can increase again.