Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And how do you know its inflammation? I'm now starting to wonder what IS inflammation :p It's just your follicles being attacked pretty much right?
Inflammation is basically your body's autoimmune response toward certain things. DHT can induce this response in people like us - yes that means that DHT is triggering an autoimmune response to inflame our skin, which is the start of male pattern baldness. In general though, inflammation in the body is usually activated by diet and environmental factors such as sugary foods, excessive alcohol, smoking, processed / preserved foods etc...

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Inflammation is basically your body's autoimmune response toward certain things. DHT can induce this response in people like us - yes that means that DHT is triggering an autoimmune response to inflame our skin, which is the start of male pattern baldness. In general though, inflammation in the body is usually activated by diet and environmental factors such as sugary foods, excessive alcohol, smoking, processed / preserved foods etc...

Any recommendations for treating it?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just went through this myself and can tell a huge difference in the way my body / joints feel. I also have barely any itch on my scalp. Here's what I did:
1. If you're vaping, quit or cut back significantly. This is the single most helpful thing and i noticed a huge difference when cutting back to almost none.
2. Eliminate sugar. I know its very hard, but stop drinking gatorade, soda, don't eat sugary cereals or poptarts etc. Sugar is one of the worst things you can put in your body, and our western diet leads us to believe 50+ grams of sugar per day is just fine. It absolutely isn't. This is the biggest player for chronic inflammation. Sugar is also included in empty carbohydrates such as white bread, white rice, etc. Try eating whole grains as these are complex carbohydrates and your body responds to and digests these differently.
3. Exercise. Every day. This is pretty obvious
4. Get a solid serving of antioxidants every day. These help fight off oxidation which can lead to DNA damage and disease. Examples include berries, spinach, whole grains, garlic, dark chocolate, nuts, leafy green vegetables... Just look up a list. But this step is especially important of you have a shitty diet and sedentary lifestyle.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
I just went through this myself and can tell a huge difference in the way my body / joints feel. I also have barely any itch on my scalp. Here's what I did:
1. If you're vaping, quit or cut back significantly. This is the single most helpful thing and i noticed a huge difference when cutting back to almost none.
2. Eliminate sugar. I know its very hard, but stop drinking gatorade, soda, don't eat sugary cereals or poptarts etc. Sugar is one of the worst things you can put in your body, and our western diet leads us to believe 50+ grams of sugar per day is just fine. It absolutely isn't. This is the biggest player for chronic inflammation. Sugar is also included in empty carbohydrates such as white bread, white rice, etc. Try eating whole grains as these are complex carbohydrates and your body responds to and digests these differently.
4. Get a solid serving of antioxidants every day. These help fight off oxidation which can lead to DNA damage and disease. Examples include berries, spinach, whole grains, garlic, dark chocolate, nuts, leafy green vegetables... Just look up a list. But this step is especially important of you have a shitty diet and sedentary lifestyle.
Well, I'm already doing that, plus my anti-hairloss regime, now I just gotta wait until the itch gets less and less...it is reducing though.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I'm already doing that, plus my anti-hairloss regime, now I just gotta wait until the itch gets less and less...it is reducing though.
It takes some time but you'll notice a difference. Best of luck to ya

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Look up fasting and intermittent fasting. There are studies that say they can lower inflammation markers by alot. One particular study i looked at was this one. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17374948. All inflammation markers decreased with IF.

You can also read about people online who have acne and arthritis who said IF helped them tremendously. Yes i've even seen a couple people anecdotally mention they thought hair became thicker.

I follow something similar at least 3-4 times a week (usually not on weekends). I basically stop eating the night before around 8-10. And resume 1pm the next day. It just works for me. If anything i feel it creates a healthier scalp environment.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Excellent, cheers!

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look up fasting and intermittent fasting. There are studies that say they can lower inflammation markers by alot. One particular study i looked at was this one. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17374948. All inflammation markers decreased with IF.

You can also read about people online who have acne and arthritis who said IF helped them tremendously. Yes i've even seen a couple people anecdotally mention they thought hair became thicker.

I follow something similar at least 3-4 times a week (usually not on weekends). I basically stop eating the night before around 8-10. And resume 1pm the next day. It just works for me. If anything i feel it creates a healthier scalp environment.

Will definitely give this a shot too, seems easy enough.

Merkules

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im still here only microneedling without min and at 3 Month. I have tons of new hair both hairline and vertex. Going to continue forever

Sorry if I missed it , but how exactly are you needling?like depht and interval

Thanks

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But how do you know all inflammation is gone? When there is no more itch? I had an itch today and then I rolled lightly with 1.5, after that I applied minoxidil. Gone itch.

BTW how does one completely get rid of inflammation. I'm doing it all pretty much, just look at my regimen
Take a brush, preferably round one and somewhat roughly start brushing all over your head. I felt some small areas were a bit painful, as if they were inflamed. My scalp was in a little pain overall. This indicates inflammation.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stress is causing the inflammation, I agree it seems DHT is part of the autoimmune response but I don't think DHT is the trigger.
If it was, then all men would suffer from balding and it would happen at onset of puberty. As it stands DHT levels dont change in the blood and there's only a 90% DHT concentration in the scalp, a mere 20% increase from non-balding men who have 70% DHT . I don't think DHT is the issue until inflammation is triggered

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score

A lot of people also started balding from IF.
I read a theory that IF does help people but only because they are now avoiding eating the toxic foods that had some inflammatory properties - like they stopped eating junk, thus the inflammation went down.
You have to watch for the stress response from the body, because cortisol can raise when you fast. It's not good for the body to go with calories to keep up its glycogen and blood sugar

- This is what I read from several people. YMMV but I follow this advice. I think IF could cause balding for some, and it's not healthy to abstain from food

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im still here only microneedling without min and at 3 Month. I have tons of new hair both hairline and vertex. Going to continue forever
Nice! Sorry for overlooking you, man.
That's great news. May I ask, what Norwood are you?
I hope I can follow your steps. I only need regrowth on the hairline.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stress is causing the inflammation, I agree it seems DHT is part of the autoimmune response but I don't think DHT is the trigger.
If it was, then all men would suffer from balding and it would happen at onset of puberty. As it stands DHT levels dont change in the blood and there's only a 90% DHT concentration in the scalp, a mere 20% increase from non-balding men who have 70% DHT . I don't think DHT is the issue until inflammation is triggered
Well, from my humble understanding, it's not DHT itself, but its corresponding receptors in dermal papilla cells which makes the different between balding and non balding men. Yes, you are right, balding and non balding dudes have no differences in DHT concentration, just that we baldies were the unlucky ones to get those goddamned DHT receptors in our scalps. When DHT binds to those receptors, things start to get fucked up with inflammation, fibrosis, deprivation of blood vessels, and ultimately hair miniaturization due to both mechanical constraints of fibrosis and lack of nourishment because of no blood flow.

Non balding men are just lucky bastards who don't have those receptors there, so their DHT, regardless of their concentration, just flow over there without binding anywhere and therefore it doesn't cause any chaos in their freaking perfect scalps.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, from my humble understanding, it's not DHT itself, but its corresponding receptors in dermal papilla cells which makes the different between balding and non balding men. Yes, you are right, balding and non balding dudes have no differences in DHT concentration, just that we baldies were the unlucky ones to get those goddamned DHT receptors in our scalps. When DHT binds to those receptors, things start to get fucked up with inflammation, fibrosis, deprivation of blood vessels, and ultimately hair miniaturization due to both mechanical constraints of fibrosis and lack of nourishment because of no blood flow.

Non balding men are just lucky bastards who don't have those receptors there, so their DHT, regardless of their concentration, just flow over there without binding anywhere and therefore it doesn't cause any chaos in their freaking perfect scalps.
Perfect scalps...sounds amazing

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol so much broscience in this thread. Now vaping and fasting causes balding just lol.
Vaping only contains very low levels of nicotine, which itself is no more harmful for you than caffeine.
Fasting/IF has been proven to boost the immune system, decrease inflammation and improve mood. I personally fast 48 hours every week and look and feel better, no changes good or bad to my hair.