Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You actually believed these scam studies that claim needling alone is as good as min?
Yes, I did get results with seti+needling, didnt't try with minoxidil. You MUST add something else for needling to work.
The inflammation wont let your hair regrow. Add minoxidil now, but remember, you will lose all gains if u quit minoxidil.
Also, it took me around 9-12 months to regrow decent amount. I'm gonna add Sandalore too, you should try as well, its cheap and increases IGF1.

Thats positive to hear though in your case. I think we have to find other topicals (perhaps folica sheds some light) that work with this. As for quitting minoxidil, i don't think its concrete yet. We really don't know 100%. If the guys in the study stopped both needling and minoxidil for months after and didn't lose any hair thats pretty impressive.

Still hoping the best route is Topical+needling = Regrowth. Then needle once twice a month to maintain. Whether thats with or without minoxidil remains to be seen.

As for needling alone i still think it can work, its just gonna take alot more time. Again difference is with needling alone you should be able to keep your gains, minoxidil alone for some people things go downhill.

A lot of people also started balding from IF.
I read a theory that IF does help people but only because they are now avoiding eating the toxic foods that had some inflammatory properties - like they stopped eating junk, thus the inflammation went down.
You have to watch for the stress response from the body, because cortisol can raise when you fast. It's not good for the body to go with calories to keep up its glycogen and blood sugar

- This is what I read from several people. YMMV but I follow this advice. I think IF could cause balding for some, and it's not healthy to abstain from food

Not saying i can definitely say if fasting would help or not. Just saying it has been something used to help with inflammation. As far as eating i def focus on getting the same calories on IF days, just within that window. I do it mainly for fitness purposes. If it helps with hair who knows. Could be a helpful tool to use every once in a while.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats positive to hear though in your case. I think we have to find other topicals (perhaps folica sheds some light) that work with this. As for quitting minoxidil, i don't think its concrete yet. We really don't know 100%. If the guys in the study stopped both needling and minoxidil for months after and didn't lose any hair thats pretty impressive.

Still hoping the best route is Topical+needling = Regrowth. Then needle once twice a month to maintain. Whether thats with or without minoxidil remains to be seen.

As for needling alone i still think it can work, its just gonna take alot more time. Again difference is with needling alone you should be able to keep your gains, minoxidil alone for some people things go downhill.

Not saying i can definitely say if fasting would help or not. Just saying it has been something used to help with inflammation. As far as eating i def focus on getting the same calories on IF days, just within that window. I do it mainly for fitness purposes. If it helps with hair who knows. Could be a helpful tool to use every once in a while.
I'm kinda on the side it's unhealthy, I was just repeating what I heard may be the reason it lowers inflammation. Could be wrong *shrug*

Tenkox

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys
itch indicate to what ?

Because I don’t fell that i need to scratch my scalp

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, from my humble understanding, it's not DHT itself, but its corresponding receptors in dermal papilla cells which makes the different between balding and non balding men. Yes, you are right, balding and non balding dudes have no differences in DHT concentration, just that we baldies were the unlucky ones to get those goddamned DHT receptors in our scalps. When DHT binds to those receptors, things start to get fucked up with inflammation, fibrosis, deprivation of blood vessels, and ultimately hair miniaturization due to both mechanical constraints of fibrosis and lack of nourishment because of no blood flow.

Non balding men are just lucky bastards who don't have those receptors there, so their DHT, regardless of their concentration, just flow over there without binding anywhere and therefore it doesn't cause any chaos in their freaking perfect scalps.
Fair point. It makes sense to me sense some go bald in the vertex vs the hairline. Wanted to make the poitn that us DHT-senstivise suckers have to be stressed/inflammed first before the DHT starts the balding

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ALex Somebody has a video out today where he says that if you still have inflammation, you need to get that under control first before using a pen or roller, otherwise it won't work, or may exacerbate hairloss.
What is inflammation? And how can it be controlled?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Abstaining from food is VERY healthy. Just not as a lifestyle. I.e. IF. Five day fast every so often is amazing for health.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@HairSuit : I fast very often (because of health issues), I'm vegan, and some weeks I only eat fruits and vegetables and the inflammation remains the same. I don't really believe hair loss or inflammation is caused by what we eat, it's just a second factor.
I see tramps spending their days drinking and eating sh*t, and a lot of them have very good hair. Sometimes I want to be a part of them, maybe they know the secret for perfect hair (2-3 liters of wine every day ? ... I'm seriously asking ... :) )

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
ALex Somebody has a video out today where he says that if you still have inflammation, you need to get that under control first before using a pen or roller, otherwise it won't work, or may exacerbate hairloss.
Link please

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Inflammation is basically your body's autoimmune response toward certain things. DHT can induce this response in people like us - yes that means that DHT is triggering an autoimmune response to inflame our skin, which is the start of male pattern baldness. In general though, inflammation in the body is usually activated by diet and environmental factors such as sugary foods, excessive alcohol, smoking, processed / preserved foods etc...
DHT comes after the inflammation. DHt is anti-inflammatory hormone

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
@HairSuit : I fast very often (because of health issues), I'm vegan, and some weeks I only eat fruits and vegetables and the inflammation remains the same. I don't really believe hair loss or inflammation is caused by what we eat, it's just a second factor.
I see tramps spending their days drinking and eating sh*t, and a lot of them have very good hair. Sometimes I want to be a part of them, maybe they know the secret for perfect hair (2-3 liters of wine every day ? ... I'm seriously asking ... :) )
Food can cause inflammation but generally it's from an allergy like gluten intolerance or dairy intolerance.
I think the whole food thing is overblown.
Inflammation is more often a hormone issue or stress response

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any recommendations for treating it?
+1 for what Zenhead said.
Make sure your hormones are balanced - typically it seems that making sure the stress hormones are within range (estrogen, cortisol, prolactin)
A lot of people have high cortsiol or high estrogen - if you have gyno your estrogen is too high
If you don't think too high estrogen causes inflammation just google it.

Have a healthy, well balanced diet. Eating fast food has a lot of POLY UNSATURATED FATTY ACIDS like canola seed oil or soybean oil, these forms of fat cause inflammation and destruction of the body.

If you have a decently healthy diet and exercise a few times a week inflammation should go down, and you should physcially feel better and feel like itch/ burning in the scalp

If the above isn't working you have to check your medications and supplements, and your psychological state and environment

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys
itch indicate to what ?

Because I don’t fell that i need to scratch my scalp
If you don't feel an itch in your scalp then is your hairline receding? It could be moving so slow that your inflammation is below you being able to feel it

Or your scalp is being calcifcied not as a symptom of inflammation but rather a lack of Vit D, K, magnesium

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
@J0ker so you are shedding again, huh?
If it's temporary stress then that's not gonna hold you back, you'll wheather through it if you're healthy enough.
I was thinking it could also be your hormones adjusting to the higher dose of vitamins, which is again temporary and will pay off. The only way the vitamins could be bad is if your estrogen is too low, which is very unlikely

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahaha. I hear ya! The most glutinous human beings have the most beautiful heads of hair.
Yeah, I’m not saying fasting is going to do anything for your hair. I am saying that from a health standpoint, it is one of the single greatest things we can do for our bodies. That said, if over done, it absolutely can have a stress response on the hair.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@HairSuit : yeah you're right, fasting - when it's done right - is good for the body anyway, so why not.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Supposedly you only feel better while fasting because of the energy of the stress hormones and increased adrenalin.
The adrenalin feels great but your body isnt in great health

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's not
Man, we agree on most things, I’m shocked not on this one. It has been shown to reset hormone profiles, as a preventative for things like cancer both pre, and also during, as well as many many other things. It’s just my opinion, but it’s shared by many other folks, I think we should all do 2, 5 day fasts a year. And I’m on the conservative side of things. Most others would say that ain’t even breaking the surface. I have seen tremendous benefits from it.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Supposedly you only feel better while fasting because of the energy of the stress hormones and increased adrenalin.
The adrenalin feels great but your body isnt in great health
My last comment on this. Sorry. Don’t want to derail, but your body is energy. It needs a break from digestion to clean out other oxidative stressors. It can’t do that efficiently when it’s always busy digesting. For that purpose, it’s fantastic. Sorry. Dermarolling..... continue.