Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes. but I would say that if the sun isnt directly hitting your head you should most likely be fine.

if you are needling 1 time a week and you dont wear a hat outside you are taking the risk according to them.
Do you think applying sun lotion or something could help if you’re outside? Instead of wearing a hat?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Big claims need big pictures. Also, are you on dermarolling or dermapening? and what's your mm and frequency? are you applying any topicals? whats the rest of your hairloss treatments like?
I was certainly joking in response to That Guy's trollish question. He expects that for this treatment to work, we should see people regaining entire Norwoods in three months. For him, if a Norwood isn't recovered in such a time frame, it means that the treatment doesn't work.
He has a history here, lol.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Needling does seem to open your body up to infection... make sure you guys are needling where after your skin can heal and seal.
Also, seems like needling is more effective than finasteride!
Since it actually reverses balding and stays reversed after stopping treatment.

Needling may be the first thing main stream adopted to really offer 'permanent' regrowth, meaning you don't have to take drugs/chemicals for life.
Maybe for some..... I was a great responder to Finasteride..... thus far, approaching 4 mos in, and it hasn’t even worked for maintenance

Last edited:

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it's a bit off topic but what are the typical reasons all you microneedlers for not getting an hair transplant?

Transplants are expensive for most.

Also for a lot of us who have hair but it's thinning, waiting for it all to fall before having a transplant isn't appealing. (Although I may well get one)

The density of your own hair is hard to achieve (maybe impossible) .at the moment with a transplant. That said, modern fue methods do give amazing results so it's an option available for most. One that wasn't there 15yrs ago.

I think most want to try and save their hair before going down the transplant route.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f***. I think these three pics perfectly capture how far I've come with microneedling + minoxidil.

These pics are just approximately 2 months apart:

before with lighting favorable to hair:
hH34GbZ.png

yesterday + today with WORST f*****g LIGHTING FOR HAIR, STRAIGHT SUNLIGHT:
AknUBfv.png

RTp1Lyg.png

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t. I feel like crying so much after this new pic I just took of my crown. The regrowth is unreal, absolute insanity what I've experienced. The joy I feel is overwhelming. I can't even believe how far I've come in such little time (just 2 months!). After Finasteride failed me I was ready to become a hermit and live a life of isolation... and to think that now I wake up in the morning and feel amazing about my hair. I can't believe it, I feel truly blessed. I literally just got on the ground and prayed for 10 minutes straight and might even start going to church again.

tenor.gif

from the pits of hell and diffuse thinning...

CQ9METc.png
Umu23XD.png
SzYPJjg.png

To a new person. These are the pics I've already posted before:

(On the the left, pic with WET hair, after getting out of the shower)
OMqDKSO.png
9Bg2ktZ.png
b2oyUIX.png

PIC IN HARSH FILTERING DIRECT SUNLIGHT THROUGH MY HAIR:

AknUBfv.png

and today's new picture, taken a moment ago, of my crown in its current state (and yes, btw, I microneedled today):

iB1F4a7.png

IehiTZ9.gif

also bonus hairline pic:

M1Ecvtx.png

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I asked this before but it was buried.

Anyone use toppik and needle? How long do you wait to use? I heard 24 h.

freebiefan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Had my 2nd session today with a 1.5mm stamp. Skin got noticeably redder this time, even in areas where hair is the thickest. Still no bleeding at all.

I can relate to those who've said they look forward to their next needling session with anticipation. It feels good to do it. Not just because you're putting more work into fighting hairloss, but it also physically feels good. It's a bit painful, but it's cathartic.

Kenny's_Login

Reaction score
It wouldn't be a bad idea for all users in the thread to post their results in a template like this:

Depth: [1.5, 2.0, etc]
Device type: [A6, Derminator 2, etc]
Speed: [17000 per min]
Frequency: [Once per week, every other week, etc]
Total sessions:
Supplemental treatments: [Minoxidil, finasteride, RU, etc]
Shed: [yes or no]
Description of results:

Even though this whole experiment isn't scientific, it doesn't mean we can't produce data more usable than anecdotes.

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Depth: [1.5]
Device type: [Dermastamp (waiting for A7 dermapen) etc]
Speed: [Hard to say, using my own hand]
Frequency: [Once per week]
Total sessions: [2 so far]
Supplemental treatments: [finasteride, seti, Trinov, min(only on hair line)]
Shed: [Too early to tell]

I just did my second session, i can’t really do on temple area hard as my hair line. I have itching day after microneedling till like 3 days. Also, i hardly had white bulb(thanks to seti) on my falling hair till last week’s session. Dud anyone of you ever have white bulb?