213.7 KB · Views: 491

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Arrade said:
And they got lymph node cancer XD

Not about it
Not lymph node cancer; enlarged lymph nodes. And yeah, it was reported in the Chinese study. Will look for it later.
I asked this before but it was buried.

Anyone use toppik and needle? How long do you wait to use? I heard 24 h.
Hey, pal.
I don't think anyone does that here, as it's pretty much asking for infection.

Merkules

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

I'm using the derminator 2 only . 3 sessions so far. Will let you know about the results in few weeks. Thanks to everyone who posted in here, I got encouraged to give this a try before resignating to my f*****g hairloss. At least it feels good to actually tackle it and not sitting arround waiting getting bald.

Keep needling Boys

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here it is:
Toxicity
There were 3 patients each in group 1 and 2 and 4 patients in group 3 who experienced toxicity (Table 6). There were no significant differences in the frequency of toxicity between the groups, although different toxic symptoms were seen in the different groups. Increased scury, infection, and enlarged lymph nodes were only seen in patients undergoing microneedle treatments with the elderly and immunocompromised patients more commonly affected. Enlargement of lymph nodes was self-limiting, resolving without treatment within 3–4 days. There were 3 patients who withdrew from the study: 2 patients after microneedle treatment and enlargement of lymph nodes occurred and 1 patient after eczema developed. All treatment-related toxicity was mild to moderate in severity and did not require treatment. The mean VAS pain score for all patients treated via microneedle treatments was 4.52 ± 3.7, a moderate score.
As you can see, still nothing major.
Page 11: https://www.docdroid.net/Q4cnC2V/101080-at-1476417220171376094.pdf#page=11

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's official. In this current community trial, @layabout is arguably the best and earliest responder so far. Important to note tho, that his initial status wasn't too bad. I hope other older hair loss sufferers like me could eventually get there, but it's obvious that if it works, it will take way longer.

Also, for those posting "data", there is already a form suggested by the user @benjt2 who has been collecting data and posting it in another thread. To standardize all this data and make it comparable, let's please follow that form, which is way more detailed than the one posted in the last page. One of the most important piece of info is the date in which minoxidil and finasteride are started.
I hate to be the one who reminds this again and again, but guys please remember that those who start finasteride/min at the same time as needling should not be included as useful data for making inferences in this community trial.

Here is the survey of @benjt2 I was talking about.

Current date: [for reference for the dates to be provided below and for survey updates in the future, please specify current date as dd/mm/yy]
Nickname:
Current Norwood:
Balding pattern: [diffuse, receding or both]
Affected areas: [frontal hairline/crown/vertex/temples/[Norwood area]]
Treatment history:
  • [treatment1] since [month/year] until [month/year]
  • [treatment2] since [month/year] until [month/year]
  • and so on
Needling since: [specify date or month/year]
Needling until: ["still needling"; otherwise specify date or month/year in case you stopped]
Not needling anymore because: [please specify reason in case you are no longer needling]
Needling frequency (average): [daily/weekly/biweekly etc.]
Needling, total number of sessions:
Needling device: [roller/stamp/pen and brand]
Needling depth/needle length: [specify mm]
Needling intensity: [no redness / mild redness / redness / drawing few drops of blood / drawing lots of blood]
Needled areas: [please specify]
Needling side effects: [please specify, e.g. redness for X days, flaking after Y days, etc.]
Using minoxidil: [yes/no]
On minoxidil since: [specify date, so people can figure out if you started with rolling, before, or added only later]
Using other treatments at the same time: [please specify]
Witnessing regrowth: [yes/no]
Regrowth since: [please specify as month/year or from start of needling, in weeks and/or months]
Pattern of regrowth: [please describe, i.e. only vellus or also terminal and in which areas]
Description of and satisfaction with regrowth: [please describe. you may assign points on a scale from -5 to +5 or use words]
Photos showing own progress or lack thereof: [OPTIONAL, but preferred: please add photos, preferrably with timestamp directly on photo]

It is def nice to see. I think we are seeing the majority of people at least have some results and its still early. My hair continues to thicken and i'm def hoping within the next couple months i can get to where he is at. I'm about 6-7 weeks in. This is why i hope people continue to needle. As i mentioned yesterday, even without optimal results right away. It isn't a burden to needle at least once a month. The wound healing process takes weeks so by doing so we can keep those growth factors active.

There are 2 types of inflammation. Acute inflammation (cuts, scratches and so forth) and chronic inflammation (when response lingers far longer than it should be).

DHT is converted from testosterone in your sebaceous gland and are mediated by binding to the androgen receptor. Combining that with a bad diet high in cholesterol results with a higher sebum production, therefore gland is enlarging. As it gets bigger over the years basically there isn't enough space for hair follicle. Like it wasn't enough persistent inflammation results with calcification and fibrosis, which is why it is much easier to prevent then to regrow.

Itch and dandruff is a strong signal of chronic inflammation. Most people just use targeted shampoo's, but it only fights symptoms not the cause. Even when scalp appears healthy after shower, inflammation persists. Acne scars are a common example of inflammation and as we can see in the studies, dermarolling helps immensely triggering healing response through acute wounding and combat chronic inflammation.

Yep, acute inflamation helps with the rebuilding process. Chronic inflammation can lead to cell death and a host of other problems. I know someone yesterday mentioned CRP. I know that periods of fasting and Intermittant fasting help reduce CRP and IL6. Again i've been doing it for years on and off, never said it helped with hair. However it may contribute to keeping the scalp environment healthier. It can be a really powerful tool, you see people on the internet with arthritis and acne that said it helped eliminate their symptoms. There are also some anecdotals of hair thickening.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Derminator 2 is the probably the better needle device, but it's not wireless which puts me off it, im just sticking with dr.pen ultima a6. Works well enough for what i want.
Yeah I’d like a wireless one ideally, the plug in ones are a pain in the ***. Does the derminator/dr pen hurt less than a cheap £20 pen?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

I'm using the derminator 2 only . 3 sessions so far. Will let you know about the results in few weeks. Thanks to everyone who posted in here, I got encouraged to give this a try before resignating to my f*****g hairloss. At least it feels good to actually tackle it and not sitting arround waiting getting bald.

Keep needling Boys
Positivity is key. Good luck bro!

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@cesc - I use Toppik. More infrequently now than in the past though. It gets in the way of me applying minoxidil twice a day. I think you're right on the part of things being overblown with regards to infection. That said, I think I'd wait 24h before applying hair fibers again. I'm sure you've seen the color come out with them when wet... I wouldn't want that penetrating the scalp in any way when washing them out after needling. That's just me though.

Edit: There's probably worse things in some people's tap water and in some shampoos. For what it's worth, these are the ingredients in Toppik:

• Keratin
  • Silica
  • Ammonium Chloride
  • Phenoxyethanol
  • Chlorphenesin

Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know how to quote properly because I'm clearly not that good at the old internetz, but to reply to the guy you quoted, I needle 1.5mm to 1.75mm and apply hair fibers an styling products pretty much straight after

I also reuse the same cartridge and don't really disinfect, just use cold water and so far I haven't died. I'm probably pushing my luck a little bit but damn some of y'all are real pussies haha

The issue of infections has been massively exaggerated on here in my view, what exactly do peeps think will happen if a miniscule amount of styling product goes systemic? I don't even think hair fibers are small enough to somehow get through the freshly needled head and go into the blood stream
Yeah, well. Maybe. I'm not one to see it, though. I don't directly touch doorknobs, public phones and the like. I also have 4 different sponges, 3 different toothbrushes and a fuckton of hand sanitizer and liquid hand soap that covers the +20 times of daily hand wash; all of them placed in an alphabetical order depending on their color or fragance.
But sure, glad you are able to shrug it off that easily!

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know how to quote properly because I'm clearly not that good at the old internetz, but to reply to the guy you quoted, I needle 1.5mm to 1.75mm and apply hair fibers an styling products pretty much straight after

I also reuse the same cartridge and don't really disinfect, just use cold water and so far I haven't died. I'm probably pushing my luck a little bit but damn some of y'all are real pussies haha

The issue of infections has been massively exaggerated on here in my view, what exactly do peeps think will happen if a miniscule amount of styling product goes systemic? I don't even think hair fibers are small enough to somehow get through the freshly needled head and go into the blood stream
Lol but why would you take the risk? Changing/sterilising a cartridge is literally no effort at all.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used
Not lymph node cancer; enlarged lymph nodes. And yeah, it was reported in the Chinese study. Will look for it later.

Hey, pal.
I don't think anyone does that here, as it's pretty much asking for infection.
I used Some on the same day. Along with min first. No problem. 2x now

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I would like to report that I will stop with weekly needling. Headdy made some got point against weekly needling and I noticed more aggressive sheeding.

So I'm in the 4 month of needling and if I comb my hair multiple times in the evening I got like 40-50 hairs in my sink... Maybe this is normal but often those hairs stick with some flaks...I mean this is maybe missleading because my hair look better and better.

So I decided to change my frequency to every 2-3 weeks until the skin it totally recovered.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I would like to report that I will stop with weekly needling. Headdy made some got point against weekly needling and I noticed more aggressive sheeding.

So I'm in the 4 month of needling and if I comb my hair multiple times in the evening I got like 40-50 hairs in my sink... Maybe this is normal but often those hairs stick with some flaks...I mean this is maybe missleading because my hair look better and better.

So I decided to change my frequency to every 2-3 weeks until the skin it totally recovered.

I'm not sure which study it was that switched to every 2 weeks, but it's probably not a bad idea. I notice flaking/peeling from day 3 after treatment all the way to day 7. That tells me things haven't recovered/healed - despite the scalp feeling okay. I've averaged every 14 days so far, although mostly due to vacation and timing around Christmas. My intent was every 7-10... but I'm feeling like it needs to be 10+

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've noticed something interesting when I rub minoxidil on my scalp using latex gloves. My skin turns slightly pink on the temples and hairline when I rub the liquid there. Stays like that for a few seconds. I don't know if it's always been like this. Anyway, not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t know about hair growth yet but I can assure you that a small scar I had on my left temple completely disappeared after only 4 sessions. Honest work..
microneedling is great for scars. people get professional treatments for them.