Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I would like to report that I will stop with weekly needling. Headdy made some got point against weekly needling and I noticed more aggressive sheeding.

So I'm in the 4 month of needling and if I comb my hair multiple times in the evening I got like 40-50 hairs in my sink... Maybe this is normal but often those hairs stick with some flaks...I mean this is maybe missleading because my hair look better and better.

So I decided to change my frequency to every 2-3 weeks until the skin it totally recovered.

I’m experiencing the same thing, think I’m going for every 2 weeks now.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also changing to every 2 weeks. Been doing it every week for 3 months now so. Doubt it makes much difference. But it's going to give the skin more time to heal for sure.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Third session done. Still 1'75, no blood and still not brave enough to put pressure. Just gliding over.
8 jan
18 jan
1 feb

Attachments

• 7B4FE671-F2F4-4999-A50B-C9E473A7DB8F.jpeg
    7B4FE671-F2F4-4999-A50B-C9E473A7DB8F.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 612

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure which study it was that switched to every 2 weeks, but it's probably not a bad idea. I notice flaking/peeling from day 3 after treatment all the way to day 7. That tells me things haven't recovered/healed - despite the scalp feeling okay. I've averaged every 14 days so far, although mostly due to vacation and timing around Christmas. My intent was every 7-10... but I'm feeling like it needs to be 10+

I think the original poster and even 2young started doing it every 10-14 days after a while. So to be honest who knows. I know during summer i'll def do it every two weeks, maybe less. Hopefully its just for maintenance at that point as i'm getting good results, but we'll see.

In the studies i believed they stopped for months after and didn't lose any hair, also 2young said he hasn't needled in a while and kept his. I think its plausible we can maintain by needling far less after we get the desired result. For regrowth though we don't really know yet. I will say though it is food for though, especially when the wounding process takes a couple of weeks at least.

Why i've been saying, regardless of results we should all be wounding at least once a month indefinitely to see what things look like 1-2 years from now.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, so it´s finally the day to assess whether there has been progress in my crown or not, by conducting the experiment I proposed a couple of days ago.

A bit of background: I have been needling for 3 months now with a dermapen at 2mm. I have been on minoxidil and finasteride for nearly 3 years. Minoxidil gave me awesome regrowth in the first months of usage, but that regrowth was quickly lost within 8 months, so I got to baseline again. I think fiansteride has maintained my hair and halted the progress of hair loss. SO, given that minoxidil and finas have already reched their peak of performance years ago, if something good happens right now it is 99% likely that it comes from needling.
As you will see, my severely affected area is the crown, and that is my number one priority to restore. My hairline has been decent since I first noticed my hairloss 3.5 years ago, but in the last year it started to lose a bit of ground.

The experiment: After waiting 3 months, I fianlly could take photos of my crown so I can compare them to the pic I took back in October before starting my needling regimen. I took exactly 4 different pics today, for a total of 5 pictures that I am posting here including the "before pic". Here is the thing, in order to remove any bias, I have randomly (using a RNG function) put a number to each of the 5 pics. Only one of them is the "before needling" pic, adn the other 4 are the "after" pic. The idea is that you guys pick the one you think is the "before" pic. If needling really started to work in these 3 months, most of you should converge and pick the correct "before pic" (only I know which is the real one). On the other hand, if you guys pick different pictures and there is no clear trend, then that means that there is no significant difference between pics and that I have made ZERO cosmetic progress with this regime.

I now this is too early to judge, but I will do this every three months to get unbiased assessments from you guys, and to remove any placebo self-perception of my progress (if any).

Note: I am not posting any pics of my hairline because I never took one before needling, but I can tell you that my hairline is unambiguously getting regrowth from needling. FOr the pics of my crown, I tried my best to take them with the same angle, same ilumination (direct sunlight from my window), same hair length, and most importantly, I tried my best to style my hair in the worst way to expose as mush bald area as possible. So, this is the worst that my scalp can look.

Would you guys please start voting? Gonna tag some of the usernames coming to my mind:
@Bill_Russo
@Pigeon
@layabout
@sportsguy97
@ZenHead
@Longway886
@Kitedude
@kiwi666
@Kagaho
@Arrade
@The 7TH Sense
Remember, just pick the one you think is the "worst" one in terms of baldness, and post the number here as a reply. Once I reach about 10-15 votes I will reveal you which is the true "before pic" and the experiment will conclude.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 687
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 641
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 599
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 661
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 619

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I’ve been microneedling I’ve noticed I’ve had a slight itch in my scalp. Never really had this before. Is that a good or bad thing?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, so it´s finally the day to assess whether there has been progress in my crown or not, by conducting the experiment I proposed a couple of days ago.

A bit of background: I have been needling for 3 months now with a dermapen at 2mm. I have been on minoxidil and finasteride for nearly 3 years. Minoxidil gave me awesome regrowth in the first months of usage, but that regrowth was quickly lost within 8 months, so I got to baseline again. I think fiansteride has maintained my hair and halted the progress of hair loss. SO, given that minoxidil and finas have already reched their peak of performance years ago, if something good happens right now it is 99% likely that it comes from needling.
As you will see, my severely affected area is the crown, and that is my number one priority to restore. My hairline has been decent since I first noticed my hairloss 3.5 years ago, but in the last year it started to lose a bit of ground.

The experiment: After waiting 3 months, I fianlly could take photos of my crown so I can compare them to the pic I took back in October before starting my needling regimen. I took exactly 4 different pics today, for a total of 5 pictures that I am posting here including the "before pic". Here is the thing, in order to remove any bias, I have randomly (using a RNG function) put a number to each of the 5 pics. Only one of them is the "before needling" pic, adn the other 4 are the "after" pic. The idea is that you guys pick the one you think is the "before" pic. If needling really started to work in these 3 months, most of you should converge and pick the correct "before pic" (only I know which is the real one). On the other hand, if you guys pick different pictures and there is no clear trend, then that means that there is no significant difference between pics and that I have made ZERO cosmetic progress with this regime.

I now this is too early to judge, but I will do this every three months to get unbiased assessments from you guys, and to remove any placebo self-perception of my progress (if any).

Note: I am not posting any pics of my hairline because I never took one before needling, but I can tell you that my hairline is unambiguously getting regrowth from needling. FOr the pics of my crown, I tried my best to take them with the same angle, same ilumination (direct sunlight from my window), same hair length, and most importantly, I tried my best to style my hair in the worst way to expose as mush bald area as possible. So, this is the worst that my scalp can look.

Would you guys please start voting? Gonna tag some of the usernames coming to my mind:
@Bill_Russo
@Pigeon
@layabout
@sportsguy97
@ZenHead
@Longway886
@Kitedude
@kiwi666
@Kagaho
@Arrade
@The 7TH Sense
Remember, just pick the one you think is the "worst" one in terms of baldness, and post the number here as a reply. Once I reach about 10-15 votes I will reveal you which is the true "before pic" and the experiment will conclude.

Thanks in advance
Number 2.

vika

Reaction score
Picture 2. It looks like you have a bit less hair on the crown. The color/texture also looks different.

Fastfuse

My Regimen
Reaction score

@Bill_Russo
@Pigeon
@layabout
@sportsguy97
@ZenHead
@Longway886
@Kitedude
@kiwi666
@Kagaho
@Arrade
@The 7TH Sense

Thanks in advance
What the hell dude

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score

@Bill_Russo
@Pigeon
@layabout
@sportsguy97
@ZenHead
@Longway886
@Kitedude
@kiwi666
@Kagaho
@Arrade
@The 7TH Sense

Thanks in advance
I'm gonna go with 1, and I think 4 was the best. Number 2 does look different

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this hyperpigmentation thing, anyone got it from needling? And does it happen if you do it too often?

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My vote is 4. It looks like vellus hair transitioning to terminal hair (i.e still not pigmented but being able to grow longer than a few inches)

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably my imagination, but I feel like my hair is a bit thicker/coarse feeling since starting this. I typically have very fine hair. Also been trying that zix stuff. Haven't seen anything that really says regrowth

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

@Bill_Russo
@Pigeon
@layabout
@sportsguy97
@ZenHead
@Longway886
@Kitedude
@kiwi666
@Kagaho
@Arrade
@The 7TH Sense

Thanks in advance

pic 4 is the worst

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably my imagination, but I feel like my hair is a bit thicker/coarse feeling since starting this. I typically have very fine hair. Also been trying that zix stuff. Haven't seen anything that really says regrowth

Same with me. I feel like there is way more resistance in combing my hair, hut i think it may also be cuz my hair has gotten oilier ,which i realy like. Others have said that needling has made their hair less oily, but since my hair loss, my hair has bee n really dry and brittle, so this is very much welcomed