Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same with me. I feel like there is way more resistance in combing my hair, hut i think it may also be cuz my hair has gotten oilier ,which i realy like. Others have said that needling has made their hair less oily, but since my hair loss, my hair has bee n really dry and brittle, so this is very much welcomed
Interesting. Mine is the opposite in that I'm usually pretty oily, but now it's a bit drier. I've been mostly chalking that up to the drying of the zix

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've said it before but the biggest and most clear improvement I've seen, besides from the fact that my hair looks thicker and darker, is the fact that my hair now stands straight up. Before it laid flat and was lifeless, but now it just looks way more healthy.

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, so it´s finally the day to assess whether there has been progress in my crown or not, by conducting the experiment I proposed a couple of days ago.

A bit of background: I have been needling for 3 months now with a dermapen at 2mm. I have been on minoxidil and finasteride for nearly 3 years. Minoxidil gave me awesome regrowth in the first months of usage, but that regrowth was quickly lost within 8 months, so I got to baseline again. I think fiansteride has maintained my hair and halted the progress of hair loss. SO, given that minoxidil and finas have already reched their peak of performance years ago, if something good happens right now it is 99% likely that it comes from needling.
As you will see, my severely affected area is the crown, and that is my number one priority to restore. My hairline has been decent since I first noticed my hairloss 3.5 years ago, but in the last year it started to lose a bit of ground.

The experiment: After waiting 3 months, I fianlly could take photos of my crown so I can compare them to the pic I took back in October before starting my needling regimen. I took exactly 4 different pics today, for a total of 5 pictures that I am posting here including the "before pic". Here is the thing, in order to remove any bias, I have randomly (using a RNG function) put a number to each of the 5 pics. Only one of them is the "before needling" pic, adn the other 4 are the "after" pic. The idea is that you guys pick the one you think is the "before" pic. If needling really started to work in these 3 months, most of you should converge and pick the correct "before pic" (only I know which is the real one). On the other hand, if you guys pick different pictures and there is no clear trend, then that means that there is no significant difference between pics and that I have made ZERO cosmetic progress with this regime.

I now this is too early to judge, but I will do this every three months to get unbiased assessments from you guys, and to remove any placebo self-perception of my progress (if any).

Note: I am not posting any pics of my hairline because I never took one before needling, but I can tell you that my hairline is unambiguously getting regrowth from needling. FOr the pics of my crown, I tried my best to take them with the same angle, same ilumination (direct sunlight from my window), same hair length, and most importantly, I tried my best to style my hair in the worst way to expose as mush bald area as possible. So, this is the worst that my scalp can look.

Would you guys please start voting? Gonna tag some of the usernames coming to my mind:
@Bill_Russo
@Pigeon
@layabout
@sportsguy97
@ZenHead
@Longway886
@Kitedude
@kiwi666
@Kagaho
@Arrade
@The 7TH Sense
Remember, just pick the one you think is the "worst" one in terms of baldness, and post the number here as a reply. Once I reach about 10-15 votes I will reveal you which is the true "before pic" and the experiment will conclude.

Thanks in advance

2 is the worst

freebiefan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, so it´s finally the day to assess whether there has been progress in my crown or not, by conducting the experiment I proposed a couple of days ago.

A bit of background: I have been needling for 3 months now with a dermapen at 2mm. I have been on minoxidil and finasteride for nearly 3 years. Minoxidil gave me awesome regrowth in the first months of usage, but that regrowth was quickly lost within 8 months, so I got to baseline again. I think fiansteride has maintained my hair and halted the progress of hair loss. SO, given that minoxidil and finas have already reched their peak of performance years ago, if something good happens right now it is 99% likely that it comes from needling.
As you will see, my severely affected area is the crown, and that is my number one priority to restore. My hairline has been decent since I first noticed my hairloss 3.5 years ago, but in the last year it started to lose a bit of ground.

The experiment: After waiting 3 months, I fianlly could take photos of my crown so I can compare them to the pic I took back in October before starting my needling regimen. I took exactly 4 different pics today, for a total of 5 pictures that I am posting here including the "before pic". Here is the thing, in order to remove any bias, I have randomly (using a RNG function) put a number to each of the 5 pics. Only one of them is the "before needling" pic, adn the other 4 are the "after" pic. The idea is that you guys pick the one you think is the "before" pic. If needling really started to work in these 3 months, most of you should converge and pick the correct "before pic" (only I know which is the real one). On the other hand, if you guys pick different pictures and there is no clear trend, then that means that there is no significant difference between pics and that I have made ZERO cosmetic progress with this regime.

I now this is too early to judge, but I will do this every three months to get unbiased assessments from you guys, and to remove any placebo self-perception of my progress (if any).

Note: I am not posting any pics of my hairline because I never took one before needling, but I can tell you that my hairline is unambiguously getting regrowth from needling. FOr the pics of my crown, I tried my best to take them with the same angle, same ilumination (direct sunlight from my window), same hair length, and most importantly, I tried my best to style my hair in the worst way to expose as mush bald area as possible. So, this is the worst that my scalp can look.

Would you guys please start voting? Gonna tag some of the usernames coming to my mind:
@Bill_Russo
@Pigeon
@layabout
@sportsguy97
@ZenHead
@Longway886
@Kitedude
@kiwi666
@Kagaho
@Arrade
@The 7TH Sense
Remember, just pick the one you think is the "worst" one in terms of baldness, and post the number here as a reply. Once I reach about 10-15 votes I will reveal you which is the true "before pic" and the experiment will conclude.

Thanks in advance
In order from worst to best: 3 2 1 4 5

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure if this is one of you guys or not. Post on reddit, RE: progress from microneedling + Minoxidil:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/am6bcy/microneedling_dermarolling_dermapen_dermastamp/

So this is a follow up to a post I made yesterday

I had recorded a video before even starting rogaine around July. Banged out another quick video just now to show the gains.

my hair in July

my hair now

I have done rogaine once a day every night since then. It helped a little bit I started using a dermapen 6 weeks ago and that’s what has given me real gains I’d say. Have done it every week and rogaine on the nights I don’t dermapen. I take biotin supplements daily as well.

My hair is longer in the second video and I wouldn’t say I’m back to a full head of hair but I have way better density all over and I have more hairs along my hairline than I’ve had in like 2 or 3 years.

Here was his first post without the videos:

Holy sh*t this stuff works.. I didnt really take before pictures but this stuff f*****g works. I might dig up some old pics to post results later but its clear as day that I have regrowth all over my scalp and on my hairline (24yo with receding hairline, some crown loss and some diffuse all over, maybe Norwood 2.5 at start). I have seen the biggest improvements in density all over but my hairline has so many hairs that werent there before, and the baby little vellous hairs that were there are now growing pretty thick and healthy looking. I dont get those dht itches on my temples anymore either and my head just feels healthier, its like night and day.

I use a dermapen once a week with 1.6 mm (12 needle) and minoxidil foam once a day every other night of the week. Its only been 6 weeks of dermapen but this stuff has been working wonders. There are a lot of people discouraging it but it has been a godsend for me. If you havent added this to your regimen, do it now

Edit: so just to answer a couple of questions, I use the ultima M7 off of Amazon. I don’t add anything else to my hair on the day of. It does hurt pretty bad and it draws blood. And I’ve been on minoxidil since last July with minimal results. Adding the dermapen is what did it in my experience. I also take biotin supplements

Last edited:

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
#2 is the worst. But there isn't much cosmetic progress overall.

Please keep at it. We all know needling is a SLOW process. The androgen damage has been accumulating since puberty so it's not surprising that any 'natural' method of reversing it might be pretty slow-acting. Give it at least 6-12 months before drawing any conclusions.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

@Bill_Russo
@Pigeon
@layabout
@sportsguy97
@ZenHead
@Longway886
@Kitedude
@kiwi666
@Kagaho
@Arrade
@The 7TH Sense

Thanks in advance

I actually think 2 is the worst. In the rest of them it looks like there is regrowth. Again though as you have said it always could be lighting/angle ect. That being said, if your hairline is coming back thats definitely a good sign. As many people have noted their hair coming back in reverse. I have def noticed this as well.

Not sure if this is one of you guys or not. Post on reddit, RE: progress from microneedling + Minoxidil:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/am6bcy/microneedling_dermarolling_dermapen_dermastamp/

Wow great find. About 7-8 months and he's had nice results. If that continues he'll have a full head of hair potentially by end of the year.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow great find. About 7-8 months and he's had nice results. If that continues he'll have a full head of hair potentially by end of the year.

He said he started rogaine in July, though experienced minimal regrowth. He started needling 6 weeks ago and attributes most of the gains to it.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
#2 is the worst. But there isn't much cosmetic progress overall.

Please keep at it. We all know needling is a SLOW process. The androgen damage has been accumulating since puberty so it's not surprising that any 'natural' method of reversing it might be pretty slow-acting. Give it at least 6-12 months before drawing any conclusions.
Bro his bald spot is almost gone

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Day after my second session, just washed my hair, and my scalp hurts like f***

Terrell Evans

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m thinking of mixing my minoxidil solutions, I use Morr-F 5% with Topical finasteride, however I see MinoxidilMax has a 10% solution with Azelic Acid I would like to use. Wondering what would happen if I mixed the 10% and 5% soulutuons if anyone can help ?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m thinking of mixing my minoxidil solutions, I use Morr-F 5% with Topical finasteride, however I see MinoxidilMax has a 10% solution with Azelic Acid I would like to use. Wondering what would happen if I mixed the 10% and 5% soulutuons if anyone can help ?
I got the 6% with finasteride. I even added it after a session once with no problems. Use it at night and rogain foam during the day. Derminator 2 @ 1.5 mm once a week.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 looks worst...... to me when i compare to 1 i think i see hair in the front bottom left that has turn denser and terminal that is not so in 2 4 is interesting while it looks less dense it seems to have more vellus fluffy hairs over all

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is getting deeper into the scalp where it belongs.
Minoxidil is robbing the bank and needling drives the getaway car
Not entirely accurate. Needling alone has proved to be better than Minoxidil alone.
So it's more like this: both Minoxidil and microneedling are a team of professional bank robbers with big weapons and sh*t.
Individually, Minoxidil is like a dude with a hoodie pointing a fake gun at a retail owner while microneedling alone is using a real one.
Minoxidil might get something or nothing at all, because if the fake gun is spotted then he's out. Microneedling alone will get a better prize without the risk of a fake gun being spotted.
And both of them together are the big winners.

Last edited:

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Transplants are expensive for most.

Also for a lot of us who have hair but it's thinning, waiting for it all to fall before having a transplant isn't appealing. (Although I may well get one)

The density of your own hair is hard to achieve (maybe impossible) .at the moment with a transplant. That said, modern fue methods do give amazing results so it's an option available for most. One that wasn't there 15yrs ago.

I think most want to try and save their hair before going down the transplant route.
Thanks. I was seriously going to ramp my hair transplant intentions but his thread has compelled me to go attempt a 'natural' solution. Fingers crossed.

EnFinSerafin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gonna ask a really stupid question, I know, but I am starting to get really paranoid. Been using microneedling + minoxidil for about 1 month and, although I swear I have gotten some regrowth, I can tell as well that I feel my skin worse. I've dropped minoxidil, but now I am wondering if microneedling alone can trigger lack of collagen as well due to growth factors. This is impossible, isn't it?