Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
...Minoxidil for generating new hair follicles and treating baldness
https://patents.google.com/patent/EP2949328A1/en

What really struck me is that he actually claims that Minoxidil + wounding can actually create new follicles instead of just strengthening existing ones. I guess this is the reason why some here had such great and fast success with microneedling and wounding.

Very interesting find. That is quite the claim indeed.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In first video,he is saying that doctors like him do needling on patients within 2.5mm to 1mm and he suggest when somone is doing it in home,one should use 0.25mm to 0.5mm.
He is telling to needle in star shape and he is telling to either do once in 8days or 15days.
And in second video,he is telling that he dont recommend needling for nw6 or mw7 patients or those who have folliculitis,infectionsgetc in the hair or those who have longer hair as it can get tangled.He recommends short hair for rolling.
He is also telling that rolling doesnt cause pain but those who are pain sensitive will get pain easily.So for them he is recommending to try first with 0.25mm to 0.5mm to se if they can resist pain,but at the same time he is saying that 0.25mm to 0.5mm is not that much effective.
He is finishes by saying that rolling is painless if done properly

No one concerned he appears to have comb over and dishing out advice unless of course his baseline was way less than where he is now

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like prp sessions for a year + microneedling would be a very solid combo for anyone that really wants to solve this balding problem

if you have the money, its actually worth as hell

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just dropped dutasteride. My hairline kept getting worse and worse and the itch was way higher on thehairline during my dutasteride run. Hopefully I wont thin out and become more diffuse. Finasteride was doing a fine job at maintaining all my hair except for the hairline, that slowly got worse. But now Im using minoxidil again. I hope dutasteride improves your hair in every aspect, and isn't gonna hit your hairline!

Interesting... did you get a bloodwork to see what was going on? I wonder what caused that.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are 2 types of inflammation. Acute inflammation (cuts, scratches and so forth) and chronic inflammation (when response lingers far longer than it should be).

DHT is converted from testosterone in your sebaceous gland and are mediated by binding to the androgen receptor. Combining that with a bad diet high in cholesterol results with a higher sebum production, therefore gland is enlarging. As it gets bigger over the years basically there isn't enough space for hair follicle. Like it wasn't enough persistent inflammation results with calcification and fibrosis, which is why it is much easier to prevent then to regrow.

Itch and dandruff is a strong signal of chronic inflammation. Most people just use targeted shampoo's, but it only fights symptoms not the cause. Even when scalp appears healthy after shower, inflammation persists. Acne scars are a common example of inflammation and as we can see in the studies, dermarolling helps immensely triggering healing response through acute wounding and combat chronic inflammation.

Which studies proved dermarolling helped chronic inflammation?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Depth: [1.5mm]
Device type: [Derminator2, Dermaroller]
Speed: [Fast setting, slower with the dermaroller]
Frequency: [Once-Twice per week]
Total sessions: 19-20
Supplemental treatments: [Minoxidil]
Shed: [no]
Description of results: posts above.

Have you ever had the classic male pattern baldness itch? what caused you to stop finasteride?

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting... did you get a bloodwork to see what was going on? I wonder what caused that.
Sometimes people just don't respond as well to dutasteride as they did to finasteride...I've seen multiple reports of people who had a rapidly receding hairline on dutasteride but not on finasteride...I did have my blood checked though and everything was fine. Ive dropped the dutasteride and now I have hardly any inflammation on the hairline left.

Last edited:

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not lymph node cancer; enlarged lymph nodes. And yeah, it was reported in the Chinese study. Will look for it later.

Hey, pal.
I don't think anyone does that here, as it's pretty much asking for infection.

Hi mate

Why would topik result in an infection? Is it because of the needling or just generally it causes infections?

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I was seriously going to ramp my hair transplant intentions but his thread has compelled me to go attempt a 'natural' solution. Fingers crossed.

Nothing wrong with getting a transplant. It's a real saviour for this generation of baldies.

And it's now much cheaper in Turkey and Asia. If you find a reputable doctor you can get great results which are permanent. But for most it's a last resort.

I know people personally who have had great results from transplants. Can't tell at all that it's a transplant.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with getting a transplant. It's a real saviour for this generation of baldies.

And it's now much cheaper in Turkey and Asia. If you find a reputable doctor you can get great results which are permanent. But for most it's a last resort.

I know people personally who have had great results from transplants. Can't tell at all that it's a transplant.
Yeh I know, just that my main weapon against thinning is getting a zero guard high fade back and sides and I don't want to risk the white dot scarring

Kitedude

Reaction score
As Arrade pointed out, I don't think needling could be the cause of it, unless it was that low to begin with.

Hey, man! How long are your needling sessions?

I also rinse with cold water after a session. No itch at all.

From 3 to 5 minutes. Hard on the temples and easy on top.
Still red bloody temples after a session! I’ll try to post a picture after a session

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From 3 to 5 minutes. Hard on the temples and easy on top.
Still red bloody temples after a session! I’ll try to post a picture after a session
What I am actually more interested in is your massaging, which you stated in your survey data (thanks again for providing that!).

Any specific massage technique or routine you follow? If not, how do your massages look like? For how long do you massage and how often? For how long have you been doing it and do you think it helped?

Thanks!

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are 2 types of inflammation. Acute inflammation (cuts, scratches and so forth) and chronic inflammation (when response lingers far longer than it should be).

DHT is converted from testosterone in your sebaceous gland and are mediated by binding to the androgen receptor. Combining that with a bad diet high in cholesterol results with a higher sebum production, therefore gland is enlarging. As it gets bigger over the years basically there isn't enough space for hair follicle. Like it wasn't enough persistent inflammation results with calcification and fibrosis, which is why it is much easier to prevent then to regrow.

Itch and dandruff is a strong signal of chronic inflammation. Most people just use targeted shampoo's, but it only fights symptoms not the cause. Even when scalp appears healthy after shower, inflammation persists. Acne scars are a common example of inflammation and as we can see in the studies, dermarolling helps immensely triggering healing response through acute wounding and combat chronic inflammation.

Accutane reduces sebaceous glands size, yet people report balding on it.

Kitedude

Reaction score
What I am actually more interested in is your massaging, which you stated in your survey data (thanks again for providing that!).

Any specific massage technique or routine you follow? If not, how do your massages look like? For how long do you massage and how often? For how long have you been doing it and do you think it helped?

Thanks!

It’s hard to say if it helped... It does give your scalp more flexibility and it doesnt feel tight anymore (if you know what i mean) back in the days i had a lot of itch and a red scalp. And that is over since 2010.

I began doing scalp excersises. Move the occipitalis muscle (wiggle the ears) and move your frontalis muscle up, and i think that removed the burning sensation.
I remember that when it burned i could get more then 100 hairs out of my head just by going trough my hair with my hand. Thats some Freaky sh*t!! I’ll post a image of the muscle wich is the red one!

Now i’m still doing this excersize but only a few min a day. When sitting on the couch or driving in the car.

Also since Oktober im massaging with my hands ( sometimes in the shower or also in the evenings on the couch.
I use both palm of my hands and squeese my skin to eachother so it folds up. This really gives a nice feeling. And Burns a bit on the temples when i do it.

I believe in the skull expending theory

Check the galea on Google it is the exact part of the scalp that is going bald when you have Androgenetic Alopecia

Attachments

• DD15C36A-F8C2-48F7-9503-7F6DD64962FB.png
    DD15C36A-F8C2-48F7-9503-7F6DD64962FB.png
    83 KB · Views: 309

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeh I know, just that my main weapon against thinning is getting a zero guard high fade back and sides and I don't want to risk the white dot scarring

Providing it's using micro fue needles, there shouldn't be much dots visible at all.

For people who have been on finasteride and min for years and spending a lot of money on it with poor results, I would save that money up and spend a few grand in Turkey or Pakistan and get an fue transplant .

Get the face framed well and decent coverage all over the top. Permanent results and no more daily min application .and use topik if needed on special occasions .

Of course that is after trying for a year or so!

R_gesus

Reaction score
I wonder about the efficacy of oral minoxidil vs Dermapen plus topical minoxidil.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...-week_treatment_in_male_androgenetic_alopecia

This study states that at 24 weeks oral minoxidil grew 35.1 hairs per cm3. If I remember correctly the chinese study showed around the same number. I wonder if minoxidil does the heavy lifting and needling is more of an aid for it. Although the Chinese study did prove the efficacy of just needling alone. Any body have any thoughts?

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder about the efficacy of oral minoxidil vs Dermapen plus topical minoxidil.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...-week_treatment_in_male_androgenetic_alopecia

This study states that at 24 weeks oral minoxidil grew 35.1 hairs per cm3. If I remember correctly the chinese study showed around the same number. I wonder if minoxidil does the heavy lifting and needling is more of an aid for it. Although the Chinese study did prove the efficacy of just needling alone. Any body have any thoughts?

Beside that obvious health problems, it will grow hair all over not just your head.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Providing it's using micro fue needles, there shouldn't be much dots visible at all.

For people who have been on finasteride and min for years and spending a lot of money on it with poor results, I would save that money up and spend a few grand in Turkey or Pakistan and get an fue transplant .

Get the face framed well and decent coverage all over the top. Permanent results and no more daily min application .and use topik if needed on special occasions .

Of course that is after trying for a year or so!
Actually, having a transplant without using finasteride and minoxidil is pointless, and the most pro surgeons even advice that to patients. A transplant will never be enough to cover the entire potentially balding area, so everyone should jump on treatments to conserve native hairs that are still prone to be lost.
That, in my opinion, is what makes transplants kinda pointless. I am already on finasteride and I am always paranoid of keep losing hair. A transplant will not take that anxiety away because it's not preventing further loss. What I (and most of us) need is something that works and actually prevents further loss in the long term. I really hope needling is the savior. Only time will tell.