Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

freebiefan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you guys applying something right after needling to help with healing? Wondering what I should be putting on there

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
I know it's a bit off topic but what are the typical reasons all you microneedlers for not getting an hair transplant?

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just as a heads up microneedling is working. No joke. My original hairline is slowly restoring and thickness has been improving.

Not gonna lie tho this talk about cancer and those infectious bumps and everything is discouraging me.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just as a heads up microneedling is working. No joke. My original hairline is slowly restoring and thickness has been improving.

Not gonna lie tho this talk about cancer and those infectious bumps and everything is discouraging me.

That's great to hear about your progress.

RE: bumps - are you talking about the swollen lymph nodes reported by some?

EnFinSerafin

My Regimen
Reaction score

That's great!!! Are you using minoxidil?

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5 weeks in. 4 weeks with 1,5mm roller and 1 week with Derminator 2 (1,5mm).

I think my hair feels much healthier. I can see small vellus hairs near my hairline. I took a picture today and compared it to my hair situation 6 weeks ago (before starting rolling). Hair lenght is the same (I buzz my hair every week with same lenght). I think I see some improvement. Left picture is taken today and right one in December. I am kinda hopeful that rolling might be very beneficial to most of us.

Hi are you using minoxidil or just rolling, good improvement it looks like

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes it does work and no it wont give you cancer.....nothing more than scaremongering from people that stand to lose something from people using such a cheap and effective method.

If wounding the epidermis caused cancer, then the whole tattoo and micro needling industry would be called out by now, like the Sunbed industry is.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes swollen lymph nodes.

While I think a good explanation of how microneedling induces the immune system response is needed (which includes the lymph nodes/glands) - I'm not too worried.

The aim of microneedling is indeed to wound and that involves inducing a wound response from the immune system.

Random Googling of microneedling + lymph node does yield results from esthetics sites for women who do microneedling on their face. Not that they should be any authority - but it seems to be a common side effect. Check this site for instance:

*Please remember that this procedure induces an immune response to heal the skin. Everyone responds differently, and it is impossible to predict how any one person may react. Healing times also vary greatly among individuals. While most people have very minimal side effects, some people react more strongly. Here are some rare, but possible side effects to microneedling:

Lymph glands may become swollen or sore, similar to when you are getting sick.

Last edited:

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am fully convinced the reason why this is working is due to the pressure i am applying while i am rolling.

You must roll hard and induce wounding. My theory is your body is regenerating hair as a result of the wounds. Your hair and nails are closely related, so I think it's similar to regenerating nails.

All bro science, but it's my theory.

Hence why that older guy who fell face first into a fire in the 80s regrew all his hair like he was on his 20s. It's wounding.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me give you another example. I held off on this because i felt it was in bad taste to talk about it due to the event, but i ask we discuss it respectfully:

There is a well known magician named Wayne Houchin. This gentleman was experiencing serious MPD for years.

A handful of years ago, while performing overseas, a tv host literally lit his hair and scalp on fire against his consent as a religious practice. It was a TERRIBLE event and it's not to be taken lightly.

With that being said, as a side observation of WH'S recent profile and cover photos, it APPEARS he has had a signficiant improvement in his male pattern baldness. Not trying to take away the signficiance of the catastrophe, but it was a side observation of mine when I was looking to see how he healed up.

Last edited:

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just did my second session with a pen, this time at 1.5mm. Stings like a b**ch but I love the feeling on the scalp afterwards.

I have difficulty with the pressure though. My hands are quite shaky so I never feel like I’m running it along my scalp, more of a bumping up and down motion. How hard do you need to press down? And what’s the best method to get a steady, smooth motion?

Also, I have redness but no blood at all, so I need to go harder? Thanks I’m advance.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly speaking, we are not doctors here so it's more of opinions based on what we read online.
There could be a potential risk and we needle on our on risk.
There are some cautious measures you can take to be safer, but can't determine they are bullet proof.
Needling has been around for years in many treatments not only related to hair and we don't know of any cancer or anything like that from needling. But again, we can't be 100% sure.
What cautious measures could be taken?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While we're on the subject of the immune system, I have something to add. Just hear me out. The immune system is responsible for the wound healing process, and also responsible for regulating inflammation. Well, its also a very well known fact that smoking cigarettes or vaping fucks up your immune system pretty significantly. A couple of months ago I formed a bad habit of vaping, at first it was only once in a while but it turned into an every day thing. I think I had shed a lot of hair in those months - when combing my hair after work, I would get an average of 20 or more hairs in the sink. Thats kind of how I measured shedding, because it was a routine that worked for me. Well I quit vaping over a week ago, and now when i comb my hair after I get home from work, I get maybe 3 hairs. My itch is totally gone, and I lose less hair in the shower. My point is, I 100% believe vaping or consuming nicotine in any form will hurt your progress with needling (and any other treatment, really). It's just not good for your hair at all. I'm ashamed to admit that I formed a habit in the first place because I am so educated on hair loss, and I knew that it was holding my progress back. Now that I've quit it seems like my hair is locked into my scalp, the itch is gone, im losing less hair, and my progress is looking slightly better. Just something for you all to think about if it applies to you.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While we're on the subject of the immune system, I have something to add. Just hear me out. The immune system is responsible for the wound healing process, and also responsible for regulating inflammation. Well, its also a very well known fact that smoking cigarettes or vaping fucks up your immune system pretty significantly. A couple of months ago I formed a bad habit of vaping, at first it was only once in a while but it turned into an every day thing. I think I had shed a lot of hair in those months - when combing my hair after work, I would get an average of 20 or more hairs in the sink. Thats kind of how I measured shedding, because it was a routine that worked for me. Well I quit vaping over a week ago, and now when i comb my hair after I get home from work, I get maybe 3 hairs. My itch is totally gone, and I lose less hair in the shower. My point is, I 100% believe vaping or consuming nicotine in any form will hurt your progress with needling (and any other treatment, really). It's just not good for your hair at all. I'm ashamed to admit that I formed a habit in the first place because I am so educated on hair loss, and I knew that it was holding my progress back. Now that I've quit it seems like my hair is locked into my scalp, the itch is gone, im losing less hair, and my progress is looking slightly better. Just something for you all to think about if it applies to you.

I Vape constantly, seriously get bad nicotine withdrawal if I try to quit.