Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I sent a message to the legend and myth of needling for some clarification on his status and I got a response:
View attachment 110803

That’s pretty incredible if true. Even if he maintained half of what he has after not needling that would be a huge win.

I think one of the studies also mentioned gains being kept months after stopping as well.

Even if people see only small growth early. If they can keep compounding on that and keep gains it would be a home run.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s pretty incredible if true. Even if he maintained half of what he has after not needling that would be a huge win.

I think one of the studies also mentioned gains being kept months after stopping as well.

Even if people see only small growth early. If they can keep compounding on that and keep gains it would be a home run.

Isn't he on finasteride now though? Think I read he started after stopping needling.

HairForceOne

Reaction score
5 weeks in. 4 weeks with 1,5mm roller and 1 week with Derminator 2 (1,5mm).

I think my hair feels much healthier. I can see small vellus hairs near my hairline. I took a picture today and compared it to my hair situation 6 weeks ago (before starting rolling). Hair lenght is the same (I buzz my hair every week with same lenght). I think I see some improvement. Left picture is taken today and right one in December. I am kinda hopeful that rolling might be very beneficial to most of us.

Attachments

• 3F677C98-DCC3-4A07-84FA-56B5E08DE400.jpeg
    3F677C98-DCC3-4A07-84FA-56B5E08DE400.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 443

luen12

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride causes more harm in two weeks than 50+ years of microneedling ever will.

Please correct me if I‘m wrong ;) Didn‘t you also use finasteride 0,5mg before? I really just might be confusing your regimen with someone else‘s.

I always thought part of your sucess was because of the finasteride, but if your results are without finasteride, they are even more impressive and encouraging! :)

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5 weeks in. 4 weeks with 1,5mm roller and 1 week with Derminator 2 (1,5mm).

I think my hair feels much healthier. I can see small vellus hairs near my hairline. I took a picture today and compared it to my hair situation 6 weeks ago (before starting rolling). Hair lenght is the same (I buzz my hair every week with same lenght). I think I see some improvement. Left picture is taken today and right one in December. I am kinda hopeful that rolling might be very beneficial to most of us.
My first impression was "Eh... kinda looks worse" before I read that right to left was the correct order, definitely keep going.

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and finasteride hasn't done anything for you? damn. it's donezo
That's not true. Many people have seen significant results begin after a full year of needling, it's pretty normal to go without results for up to 16 sessions at least, don't discourage people who are seeing normal progress

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hate to read these kind of updates tbh.
Hope you see some improvement soon for the sake of all of us
But nothing else has been working for him either. I think his big shed could actually be good. Id also look into other causes for hair loss given that the big 3 didnt help

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not true. Many people have seen significant results begin after a full year of needling, it's pretty normal to go without results for up to 16 sessions at least, don't discourage people who are seeing normal progress
I am one of those repetitive guys suggesting again and again that we should needle at least for a year or a bit more. However, I don't think your claim regarding "Many people have seen significant results begin after a full year of needling" is true. There are certainly not MANY people needling for over a year, and the few of them who have, got results way earlier. The only one who matches that description is PrettyFly, who didn't gain anything before a year. The other needlers who didn't get results in 3-6 months back then simply stopped. So, all our hopes are really based upon a single case, but it is enough for me to keep on needling at least until reaching PrettyFly's time mark. We still don't know what happens to early non-responders if we keep needling. We must find it out. If PrettyFly did it, I think some of us can do it too. As you all can see, a lot of the people who reached the 3 month mark here ARE NOT getting results (which honestly is what I was expecting, but sadly most members were comparing themselves to the remarkable regrowth of numberman for results) .
At this point we are exactly at the same situation of the older microneedling thread: a lot of non responders who then started to quit. This is the moment in which we make the story different. We stick to it for a year and assess if we can replicate PrettyFly.
Me Vs Diffuse Thinning also recently reported regrowth in his desired area after his 8 month. We need more, guys. Man up and needle more. Do not stop and do not make history repeats itself.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't he on finasteride now though? Think I read he started after stopping needling.

I'm not sure. I don't remember reading that. Even if he was however it could possibly prove that the new hair isn't just depending on continuation of rolling.

My first impression was "Eh... kinda looks worse" before I read that right to left was the correct order, definitely keep going.

Said the same thing lol. Right to left it def looks like results.

Also for the non responders. Like some have mentioned, it may take longer for some people. This has happened in the past to some. Even the original poster started seeing results after 2 months, but until this day (with his recent hairline pics). I think its like 10 months later or so and he's still improving.

I looked at the dermarolling survey thread (which i will post in eventually as well) and the majority of people checked yes for yes/no regrowth, albeit everyone is different. Its definitely positive. Just have to stick with it.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just figured I'd stop in to give an update - nothing much has changed since my last one. Still needling at 1.5 every week with a dr. pen. Right temple continues to improve slowly, no results on my crown where i need it most. Really quite disappointing. The only reason I can think of as to why my temples are responding and my crown isnt, is that I can actually see my temple areas and tend to needle more precisely / harder there. I draw some blood on my temples every time where I'm not certain it is the same for my crown. Maybe 2young was onto something with his intensity.

Pigeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just figured I'd stop in to give an update - nothing much has changed since my last one. Still needling at 1.5 every week with a dr. pen. Right temple continues to improve slowly, no results on my crown where i need it most. Really quite disappointing. The only reason I can think of as to why my temples are responding and my crown isnt, is that I can actually see my temple areas and tend to needle more precisely / harder there. I draw some blood on my temples every time where I'm not certain it is the same for my crown. Maybe 2young was onto something with his intensity.
As a some people pointed out, the regions where you were first balding and probably the worst areas are the last areas you will notice improvement. Don't give up.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
Get your hormones checked.
Specifically testoterone/estrogen, and the tsh. thyroid panel.

I've only had beard hairloss from too low estrogen

Had these checked and my hormones are within normal range but my thyroxine level is on the lower range of normal and my CRP level is high indicating increased inflammation.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This is exactly my case. Some mild results in temoles/hairline, but practically nothing in my crown. I also draw blood in my hairline/temples, but apparently I am not bleeding in my crown, despide the fact that I go VERY hard there. Apparently, a stone has more blood than my f*****g crown, no wonder why the follicles are dead there.
I will give you guys a detailed update in 3 days when February start, with pics and all.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is exactly my case. Some mild results in temoles/hairline, but practically nothing in my crown. I also draw blood in my hairline/temples, but apparently I am not bleeding in my crown, despide the fact that I go VERY hard there. Apparently, a stone has more blood than my f*****g crown, no wonder why the follicles are dead there.
I will give you guys a detailed update in 3 days when February start, with pics and all.
I think you and I are in the exact same situation - I read your survey entry and it seems like we have the exact same type of hairloss. Except im 24 so I think mine is a bit more aggressive. Looking forward to updates, good luck man.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I

Had these checked and my hormones are within normal range but my thyroxine level is on the lower range of normal and my CRP level is high indicating increased inflammation.

I had mentioned earlier in the thread about Intermittent fasting and how it lowers CRP. I don't think it ever helped with regrowth in the past, but maybe it helps create a better scalp environment overall for other treatments.

Def funny cause the one side of my hairline thats worse. Its def harder to draw blood. Literally have to pass over it like 7-8 times to do so. I do think it may be good to throw a heavier type session in there occasionally. Like maybe once a month or so. I did 7 sessions now and for 2 of them i went a bit heavier.

Regrowth def happening in reverse. Not sure what the mechanisms of this are..... but apparently it happens with alot of people. The fact your both getting temple regrowth i still see as a good sign.