Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried that ... I had worse than that ... disappeared after 2 days. Horrible on a bald scalp :/
Everything is noticeable on a bald scalp.
If people are not careful with their depth / frequency / sun exposure, they can also get Hyperpigmentation which will show on a bald scalp later.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kirklnand minoxidil foam is cheap and not greasy

I have already started needling.
I don't think think i will use minoxidil.
First, because in my country you need a prescription for it.
Second, the first time i used it it did jackshit.
Third, it makes my routine impossible. My hair looks already super thin, when i add minoxidil it makes it so oily that it looks like garbage.
Fourth, i'd rather save money.
And last reason, if i make any gains, i want to KEEP them. Not lose them as soon as i stop using min. That's why i want to rely only on needling.

Also, the only reason i'm needling is because i want to save my hairline, so i can keep a five o clock shadow when i shave. So the only reason why i'm doing this is because i want at least maintenance, so i can save money on SMP. I'd rather not waste the money i save on SMP for minoxidil.

Kenny's_Login

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced shedding from needling and is NOT using anything other than minoxidil?

My theory is that needling disrupts the effects of finasteride or RU.

I've experienced sheds before, but not like this. I've lost a norwood so far, which would only happen if I stopped using RU.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@layabout

at this point you might aswell grow your hair very long, dont even cut that thing, its growing like wildfire.

you are the chosen.

Ae34.gif

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics there,

Just remember if you'd really like to track your progress accurately then you should buzz it down and keep the hair the same length every time you take a photo to check the progress, I thought with yourself that would be pretty ideal as youve been buzzing it anyway. Obviously lighting and position have a huge role to play in this also so if you can find a bathroom and block out any natural light from the window with a closed door its your best bet for a consistent image of any progress,

good luck!

Yeah guys i will of course cut my hair to keep track of my progress.
Don't get me wrong, my hair IS SUPER THIN.
However i have full coverage, enough for some serious combover game.

20190131_090108.jpg

This was my hair before i shaved it last year.
No one could even tell i was balding.
Tbh, no one can tell even now.

People associate receding with balding, but if you're thinning with full coverage?
Well, you're not balding then, obviously!

Normies and fullheads are so naive, it's kinda cute actually.

The only reason i shaved is because i was sick of wind, rain and sweat ruining everything. I also had super oily hair so i was like f*** it.
I'm also into weightlifting, and that hair made it a nightmare.

I'll stick to short hair for now.
That's why if rolling works i'm f*****g set. I just need a bit of thickening and i can regrow my hair, considering i could pull of, this amazing combover with the thin birds nest i have now.

Anyway, it seems that the dermarolling made my hair much less oily so far, and the insane flaking i experienced after the first few sessions is also calming down.

ProjectQuad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any truth in this article stating that Derma Rolling causes Collegen Breakdown and premature aging and possibly skin cancer?

Reference: oumere.com/blog/2018/8/5/how-dermarolling-causes-collagen-breakdown-premature-aging-andpossibly-cancer

Bankai

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any truth in this article stating that Derma Rolling causes Collegen Breakdown and premature aging and possibly skin cancer?

Reference: oumere.com/blog/2018/8/5/how-dermarolling-causes-collagen-breakdown-premature-aging-andpossibly-cancer

There is another thread in this forum about that article. Actually nobody knows, but we kind of agreed like pidgeon said. Of course the risk is still there

ProjectQuad

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is another thread in this forum about that article. Actually nobody knows, but we kind of agreed like pidgeon said. Of course the risk is still there
So you guys agree with the article? And which exact risks are still there that you refer to? Thank you for the response, appreciate it!!

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah sounds BS to me. Afterall rolling has proven to reduce wrinkles.

Actually, i'm also dermarolling on my thighs, not just my scalp.
I have huge stretch marks in that area.
Well, they are much less pronounced now.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah sounds BS to me. Afterall rolling has proven to reduce wrinkles.

Actually, i'm also dermarolling on my thighs, not just my scalp.
I have huge stretch marks in that area.
Well, they are much less pronounced now.
I haven't seen noticeable results when it comes to my hair but I also use on my face and it has definitely helped with some of the blemishes I have. I do .5mm all over my face and 1.5mm on the specific trouble areas.

anon082

My Regimen
Reaction score
Started rolling about 20 days ago having done 2 sessions so far with a roller, just got the pen and i gotta say there's a night and day difference between the feeling of both.

The pen feels so much more potent, as i did my last session 4 days ago i didn't go about doing another one on my scalp so i just did my face with 0.5mm ( for finer lines mostly around my mouth) but just for the heck of it i bumped it up to 1.5mm and tried it a bit on my temple and oh god what a huge difference from using a roller, can't wait to see what the next few sessions with the pen will be like .

ProjectQuad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wh
Started rolling about 20 days ago having done 2 sessions so far with a roller, just got the pen and i gotta say there's a night and day difference between the feeling of both.

The pen feels so much more potent, as i did my last session 4 days ago i didn't go about doing another one on my scalp so i just did my face with 0.5mm ( for finer lines mostly around my mouth) but just for the heck of it i bumped it up to 1.5mm and tried it a bit on my temple and oh god what a huge difference from using a roller, can't wait to see what the next few sessions with the pen will be like .

Glad to hear your confidence, whats the pain like when comparing the two? are you numbing in any way?

jh0nnyc4sh

Reaction score
Hi guys i follow this thread everyday since a very long time. I am italian and so i really apologize for my english.
I will start soon the microneedle procedure with minoxidil and a 1.5 dermastamp every 2 weeks. (norwood 3/4 temple recession, vertex mid diffuse thinning).
I just find out online an interesting needling tool nobody talk here. I'm referring to a dermastamp in wich you could put a liquid(in our case we can put minoxidil inside) . It's colled hydra dermastamp, or mesoterapy derma stamp or something like this. It's little and cheap. Do you think it's could be useful?

anon082

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wh

Glad to hear your confidence, whats the pain like when comparing the two? are you numbing in any way?
I have no idea if this will yield results so not much confidence there, hair loss has made me quite skeptic throughout the years but i do feel that if microneedling will work for me the pen will do the job much more efficiently than roller would have.

I'm not using any numbing cream, i would say that for the very little use i did with the pen on my scalp it felt more painful than the roller
Maybe i wasn't rolling hard enough although my last session with the roller left my scalp quite red and i also had some bleeding

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
After my last and pretty damn painful session, I'm thinking about investing in a dermapen. Can anyone recommend me a solid pen that costs €100,- or less?

BTW when rolling, if its working, shouldn't every form of inflammation disappear? So no more itching due to hairloss?

It's getting less and less but it might still be there (maybe its the minoxidil).

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you guys agree with the article? And which exact risks are still there that you refer to? Thank you for the response, appreciate it!!
Honestly speaking, we are not doctors here so it's more of opinions based on what we read online.
There could be a potential risk and we needle on our on risk.
There are some cautious measures you can take to be safer, but can't determine they are bullet proof.
Needling has been around for years in many treatments not only related to hair and we don't know of any cancer or anything like that from needling. But again, we can't be 100% sure.

jh0nnyc4sh

Reaction score
2 option:
- you can use it only every 2 week, the other day you'll apply minoxidil in the standard way
-use it all day with minoxili with short needle (0.5mm)