Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yet here we are years later and several people have shown results in this very thread. Some with pics, some anecdotes. We even had a guy compile results from needling in this thread. We have two-three studies that showed results.

I tried needling back in the day as well for 3-4 weeks and i didn't nearly see the results i'm seeing right now.

Again you claim your coming here as some sort of crusade against the original poster, you want to "help" everyone see the light on needling. Everyone has clearly told you we will draw our own conclusions. Yet you still don't care.

Just block him. I have so can't even see what he's said but he's a complete weirdo. I've said it a million times but I'm not even the OP of this thread.

I started needling in March, got good results and posted them on Reddit and I can't even remember when that was. As you can see, this thread was started several months later by a very well established member on here.

I've had people message me asking for my PayPal address so they can donate (I've told everyone to keep their money) and I've had a couple of people message who I think genuinely would have committed suicide, had they not found this thread, or the ones on Reddit.

Headdy is a sick and evil bastard for trying to prevent me being a source of assistance to these people.

I do not think it's an exaggeration to say that @ZenHead will have saved people from the brink by starting this thread. Why spoil that? Maybe I am a piece of sh*t and all the things he says I am but I implore him to think of the people whose mental state is affected by their hair loss and just stfu.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am doing it every 10 days, but even then I think maybe it is too often personally. I've seen flaking go on past day 7 so. I don't know. Maybe I'll cut it down to every 2 weeks.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am doing it every 10 days, but even then I think maybe it is too often personally. I've seen flaking go on 7 day 7 so. I don't know. Maybe I'll cut it down to every 2 weeks.

Every week seems to be a good idea to begin with but then every 2 weeks seems to be fine after a while. I get different studies mixed up but I think the Chinese one switched to every 2 weeks after a month or something like that.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But he has a good point regarding the frequency.

Who does? Headdy? Headdy has - or at least had - lots of good points before he lost the plot.

We have several studies to indicate appropriate frequency. The one I find weird is that Alex/Someone guy who does it every day with 1.5mm, although he is also on finasteride.

Kistyle

My Regimen
Reaction score
long time lurker here (have read every page of this topic) and just wanted to show my results and experience.

Background
I first noticed hairloss (vertex) when i was 18, so i start looking for treatments and at the age of 19/20 i started with oral finasteride.
i guess the first two years i got some regrowth/maintance, but eventually it was slowley getting worse. I also had some sexual sides so i decided to stop taking it (2018-09-25). Around the same time i came across this forum and decided to start microneedling + minoxidil + nizoral ( 2018-10-18).

Regime
I started with a 0.5 dermaroller once a week, the first session was with mild pressure, the other sessions where with a lot of pressure (not painful, no blood, full scalp).
Applying minoxidil 1ml twice per day (execpt on needling days).

After 4 sessions i upgraded to a 1.5 dermaroller and also started applying minoxidil (1.5 ml) on needling days. The first session was with mild pressure (not painful, no blood, full scalp). I slowly started to increase the pressure, after the third session my scalp was full of blood spots and little wounds it was very painfull, it nearly took a week to recover, so i decided to skip a week of needling.

In my current regime i am vary the pressure weekly and i am also using the dermaroller as a stamp. i am considering to switch to a dermastamp, because it takes me like 30 min to do a full session with a roller.

Here are my pictures, i know the lightning is not great, and the angle is not exactly the same, but i think there is a little regrowth. I make a lot of pictures and videos, so i do have a lot more.
(white dots on the right picture are minoxidil flakes)

upload_2019-1-29_1-34-20.png
upload_2019-1-29_1-34-32.png

2018-10-14 2019-01-29

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-29_1-33-14.png
    upload_2019-1-29_1-33-14.png
    349.4 KB · Views: 130
  • upload_2019-1-29_1-34-32.png
    upload_2019-1-29_1-34-32.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 154

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
long time lurker here (have read every page of this topic) and just wanted to show my results and experience.

Background
I first noticed hairloss (vertex) when i was 18, so i start looking for treatments and at the age of 19/20 i started with oral finasteride.
i guess the first two years i got some regrowth/maintance, but eventually it was slowley getting worse. I also had some sexual sides so i decided to stop taking it (2018-09-25). Around the same time i came across this forum and decided to start microneedling + minoxidil + nizoral ( 2018-10-18).

Regime
I started with a 0.5 dermaroller once a week, the first session was with mild pressure, the other sessions where with a lot of pressure (not painful, no blood, full scalp).

After 4 sessions i upgraded to a 1.5 dermaroller and also started applying minoxidil (1.5 ml) on needling days. The first session was with mild pressure (not painful, no blood, full scalp). I slowly started to increase the pressure, after the third session my scalp was full of blood spots and little wounds it was very painfull, it nearly took a week to recover, so i decided to skip a week of needling.

In my current regime i am vary the pressure weekly and i am also using the dermaroller as a stamp. i am considering to switch to a dermastamp, because it takes me like 30 min to do a full session with a roller.

Here are my pictures, i know the lightning is not great, and the angle is not exactly the same, but i think there is a little regrowth. I make a lot of pictures and videos, so i do have a lot more.

View attachment 110744View attachment 110745
2018-10-14 2019-01-29

Congrats and welcome. I definitely see a big difference! Lighting might be different but you can quite clearly see your scalp in the before photos, whereas it's covered with thick curls in the after photos. Look forward to seeing more!

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Congratulations for the good results. But I want to clarify that we can't call this a microneedling result, because Minoxidil was started at the same time. Great progress anyways.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the frequency thing. I believe an argument can be made. It’s just we don’t really know right now.

I truly believe just for maitenance purposes if we all get the desired regrowth we’d only have to wound once maybe twice a month. I think 2young briefly alluded to this the short time he was here. Right now we’re wounding for growth... is there a difference we just don’t know.

Background

Regime

View attachment 110744View attachment 110745
2018-10-14 2019-01-29

Definitely an improvement. No doubt about it!

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the frequency thing. I believe an argument can be made. It’s just we don’t really know right now.

I truly believe just for maitenance purposes if we all get the desired regrowth we’d only have to wound once maybe twice a month. I think 2young briefly alluded to this the short time he was here. Right now we’re wounding for growth... is there a difference we just don’t know.

Definitely an improvement. No doubt about it!

I went down to twice a month but then read the Chinese study. Now I'm back to weekly and applying minoxidil on the same day as needling.

I'm approaching 10 months of doing this and hope to be doing it for maintenance soon. I figured it was worth trying the Chinese study but I'm so happy with my hair as it is, that I don't actually care if I don't regrow more. I'll give it 2 months and if it's still the same I'll reduce my needling frequency, and it will be for maintenance of hair I've regrown.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But r u on min + rolling now ? Cause I am interest in rolling alone ? :)

There is a Chinese study on dermarolling that will be of interest to you, as one of the groups in the study used only the dermapen. The results were better than minoxidil alone but combining needling and minoxidil definitely seems to be the way to go.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a Chinese study on dermarolling that will be of interest to you, as one of the groups in the study used only the dermapen. The results were better than minoxidil alone but combining needling and minoxidil definitely seems to be the way to go.

Yeah, I read that, just interested in seeing real sufferer's results.