Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I try to needle as rarely as possible, because my skin is still visibly red 3 days afterwards. That's why I decided to needle no more than twice a month. So up to now I did 1,5mm every two weeks. However, I don't know if that is effective enough as there is no study backing that particular protocol, while the 2mm every two weeks is backed by the Chinese study. I haven't yet decided, but I guess I will give the 2mm a try (even though I already had a slight improvement with 1,5mm). But yes, thats why I'm really looking forward to Follica finding out, what the best needle length and frequency is ;)

Yeah i know the frequency for wounding for wrinkles etc is every month, but the jury seems to still be out about the frequency for hair loss. Im just going to keep it at 2.5mm every week and see what happens, nothing to lose really.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i know the frequency for wounding for wrinkles etc is every month, but the jury seems to still be out about the frequency for hair loss. Im just going to keep it at 2.5mm every week and see what happens, nothing to lose really.
Actually, for wrinkles and other problems is every 6 weeks if you're using 1.5mm.
So even if the scalp skin is thicker, and we are men (thicker skin than women) probably 4 weeks is enough for the scalp to heal sufficiently.
Also, most of the cliniques/hairloss websites say to needle every 4 weeks.
Btw, there is a small study (too small, 2 patients) that showed regrowth with several monthly 1.5mm treatments
http://www.surgicalcosmetic.org.br/...ica-de-microinfusao-de-medicamentos-pela-pele
The above, and also the mice study make me believe even more that needling too deep and too frequent might not be optimal. But then again, we don't really know...

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You got a home gym?
Just a pull up bar (one of those big *** wall mounted ones) and a couple of quality wooden gymnastic rings hanging from it.
I had to sell my PS4 and my games for them but, since my approach is oriented toward gymnastics, I have a long time of progressions with just those 2 things so... totally worth it and a lot cheaper than going to the gym. I miss videogames sometimes though.
Gymnasts also train with weights, so I plan on adding the bench and the barbell eventually. I'm slowly buying the weight plates; currently paying €2.24 per month for 12 months for a 5 kg. sh*t's sad, but hey... At least I have that option.
I might have to manually stamp this session, because it turns out there's no Amazon Prime delivery with these cartridges. Oh, well.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you guys finding the itching and flaking, I find about three days after needling my scalp is so itchy and I have a snow fall from my head. I have never had dandruff before. I just find the itching so intense. Are you guys finding the same thing. Trying to work out if this is normal

That seems to be commonly reported, yes. Not sure if that makes it "normal". Numberman reported it (only initially though) as well as @Ludachris Batbak. I started noticing flakes around Day 4/5 or so after a session. As for itching, I don't recall intense itching with the flakes - though we'll see after this session here. The desire to scratch and get rid of the flakes is there though...

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone get that terrible feeling you're not wounding as much as you should be? I'm using the fast setting at 2.0mm on the Derminator. No blood whatsoever on the crown, a few tiny specs in the temples where I suspect I've pressed a little harder.

Had that feeling with my last session... more so because it seemed to hurt more than I remembered the first three times. (edit: I should say, the pain was preventing me from doing a thorough job due to taking breaks) I just kept going though! I think the important part is how things feel afterwards. So while at the time of needling I thought I wasn't doing that much - I can tell in the hours after when the scalp throbs/pulses a bit and then ~12/24hrs later it feels like a sunburn.... tender and sensitive.

Last edited:

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a pull up bar (one of those big *** wall mounted ones) and a couple of quality wooden gymnastic rings hanging from it.
I had to sell my PS4 and my games for them but, since my approach is oriented toward gymnastics, I have a long time of progressions with just those 2 things so... totally worth it and a lot cheaper than going to the gym. I miss videogames sometimes though.
Gymnasts also train with weights, so I plan on adding the bench and the barbell eventually. I'm slowly buying the weight plates; currently paying €2.24 per month for 12 months for a 5 kg. sh*t's sad, but hey... At least I have that option.
I might have to manually stamp this session, because it turns out there's no Amazon Prime delivery with these cartridges. Oh, well.

Dude videogames are a waste of time. It's great that you are working out instead. Much more important. Will give you more in the end.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude videogames are a waste of time. It's great that you are working out instead. Much more important. Will give you more in the end.
While that's true (reason why I ultimately chose to sell the games and the PS4 to buy the equipment), I believe in a healthy balance.
If I had the money, there'd be nothing preventing me from doing both.
Still, I'm glad I made the decision; it's been a life-changing experience. One of the biggest steps toward being the best version of one's self.

Last edited:

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard needling is also used for ages in Morocco and other nations for hairloss. Maybe somebody can confirm?
Needling was used in the past but not in the way that it's being used now. Plus, the diameter of the needles that they were using probably caused a little too much blood flow.
dbf4dbdca64a2f192f08f47485651777.jpg 621911652.jpg

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Money not an issue? Here you go: https://dermapen.com/microneedling/

This is "THE" Dermapen. Others use the name as a generic descriptor.

Do you really think that spending thousands on that thing is worth it above what the derminator can do? at that point you might as well save the money for hookers and be done with it. If derminator doesnt work then dermapen will not work as well. Sounds like just good SEO to me, milking it with big bucks for a premium product.

Anyway, anyone is getting good results or its just dutasteride and scammers pumping their affiliates?

Needling was used in the past but not in the way that it's being used now. Plus, the diameter of the needles that they were using probably caused a little too much blood flow.
View attachment 110912 View attachment 110913

That's the only solution for anyone past NW3.

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score
That seems to be commonly reported, yes. Not sure if that makes it "normal". Numberman reported it (only initially though) as well as @Ludachris Batbak. I started noticing flakes around Day 4/5 or so after a session. As for itching, I don't recall intense itching with the flakes - though we'll see after this session here. The desire to scratch and get rid of the flakes is there though...

Yeah I my head was itchy between the first 4-5 weeks after applying minoxidil.. but this stopped....

And yes like to describe those flask also as a snowfall and I would like to scratch them off my head but I noticed many hairs stick to those flaks if I pull them manually off...so I stopped this

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I f*****g hate that I have to choose between a weight plate and a cartridge. f*** hair loss and f*** being broke.

I would have so much money if it wasn't for hairloss. Add in the topicals, the derminator, the cartridges, the dutasteride injections which cost a ton per session, not even including PRP and blood works to see how my hormones are doing... it is insanity. If this sh*t doesnt work it's f*****g over.

Anyway, how long does it take for you to derminate the entire scalp? And im still not sure if I should just do it wet, because my hair is thick as f***, so I predict it's going to be a pain in the *** moving the air to pierce the scalp in straight lines.

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone here used a generic dermapen and then a derminator? Does it hurt less? Also has anyone used the dr pen a7? It claimed to have thin needles and hurting less.

Thank you

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay guys here are some pics.
I'm actually kinda shocked.

Under harsh lightining, i look almost completely bald, monk style.
This was the first time i have grown my hair in a long time, i rocked the shaved head for one year.

I think i might be approaching NW4?
Anyhow we'll see what happens in a couple of months of needling. As you can see, my hair is so thin that under harsh lights i look like a monk. Hahaha.

View attachment 110899 Dim lights.

View attachment 110900 Harsh light

View attachment 110901 Harsh light - back

My crown used to be much darker, and also the top of my head. Before, you could not see the horseshoe at all.
After growing it out again, it turns out my hair got much, much worse.

If i stay in dark lights, i don't look THIS bald. But these harsh lightining photos will be useful to compare in a few months.

Even if needling fails, i like the shaved head look so it's no biggie for me. ;)
Just kinda shocked how much my hair got worse after the shave.

Thanks for the pics there,

Just remember if you'd really like to track your progress accurately then you should buzz it down and keep the hair the same length every time you take a photo to check the progress, I thought with yourself that would be pretty ideal as youve been buzzing it anyway. Obviously lighting and position have a huge role to play in this also so if you can find a bathroom and block out any natural light from the window with a closed door its your best bet for a consistent image of any progress,

good luck!

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would have so much money if it wasn't for hairloss. Add in the topicals, the derminator, the cartridges, the dutasteride injections which cost a ton per session, not even including PRP and blood works to see how my hormones are doing... it is insanity. If this sh*t doesnt work it's f*****g over.

Anyway, how long does it take for you to derminate the entire scalp? And im still not sure if I should just do it wet, because my hair is thick as f***, so I predict it's going to be a pain in the *** moving the air to pierce the scalp in straight lines.
Indeed, man.
I'm nowhere near that level of investment. I'd still be broke, but I'd have more money for sure.
It takes me 20 minutes. I do it wet; can't imagine doing it with dry hair. Lots of it getting in the way. I'd advise you do it wet too.
So

what Norwood is everyone now?
Ohhh, so you really will come by from time to time to check on us? Such a cutie patootie.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Indeed, man.
I'm nowhere near that level of investment. I'd still be broke, but I'd have more money for sure.
It takes me 20 minutes. I do it wet; can't imagine doing it with dry hair. Lots of it getting in the way. I'd advise you do it wet too.

Ohhh, so you really will come by from time to time to check on us? Such a cutie patootie.

My only concern is that wetness generally is pro-infection... I guess I will take a quick shower and then dry the hair as quick as possible.

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My only concern is that wetness generally is pro-infection... I guess I will take a quick shower and then dry the hair as quick as possible.
Try drying your hair with the cool setting after you wash your hair if you have a blow dryer.