My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1351889/pdf/bmjcred00266-0059b.pdf

upload_2019-1-7_11-25-4.png

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About to order more cartridges and I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on what the optimal number of pins is? 36 or 12?

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. From everything I have read, the post wounding shed is far worse for diffuse thinners. The initial shed was terrible for me. 3-4 months of absolute crap hair and shedding. I normally see hair treatments out but I would have quit if not for seeing some other diffuse thinners come out the other side of it ok. After a few months I was looking better than ever.

Switching to every two weeks might have helped cut back the shedding. Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if we discover someday that once a month was the way to go.

I hover between 2.5 diffuse and 3V diffuse. Currently at 2.5.

Some other people have debated about wounding and AAs. I think wounding benefits will look like Minoxidil benefits (below) without an AA. I’m not aware of a wounding study that has lasted 90 weeks but if I am wrong please correct me.

If I could go back in time I would have never started finasteride. Gave me prostatitis. But CB is looking pretty safe.
I plan on doing once a month. This week will be my 3rd 1.5mm roller treatment

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
He dodged a lot of questions.

Either way, kitedude maintained without AA so there's that case.
No, I think kitedude was on either finasteride or dutasteride.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About PrettyFly, he said he doesn't know if it was due to rolling or due to minoxidile:

https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threads/13420-Dermarolling-Community-Trial/page224

upload_2019-1-7_11-43-48.png

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are already at moderate improvement in just 8 weeks based on the scales used in the studies. If we compare your progress to those in the study you may be on your way to excellent improvement.

Can you post more details on your regimen and response to medication before dermarolling?
I am bookmarking all the people who are posting their pics and details on improvement after dermarolling.

Needling 2mm every week - started pressing in harder untill i see blood spots all over balding area

Use minoxidil twice a day and Also started using minoxidil straight after needling the past couple of weeks

Used minoxidil before started needling and it did nothing for me, I tried finastride in the past for about a week or 2 and stopped when I got bad sides that pasted for ages

I also do scalp massages whenever I rememeber so ends up being twice a week

I also use sandalor 1% in vanicream about 3 times a week, this was added later on in my regime and was seeing progress with minoxidil and needling before adding sandalor, I get mile headache for about an hour after this

Waiting untill I get paid and going to add trivon to regime

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kitedude said:
started to notice thinner temples when i was 25 after that i did Nothing until i was 27 i got comments that i had a bald spot on my crown, the whirl was thinning and i started to freak a bit. Tried stupid things like balayam and did scalp excersizes From Tom haggerty. I still do the scalp excersizes because i learned to control the muscles but i dont do it every day.
When i was 28 i bought 3 strips of finasteride and stopped because i didnt notice anything.
By the time i was 30-31 i read alot on the dermoroller/wounding forum and bought minoxidil and a 1.5 dermaroller and i have to honestly say that i regrew alot of hair on the temples, but got lazy after 6 months and stopped minoxidil from kirkland. I only wounded my temples where i wanted regrowt and did lighter Rolling on the top and crown. After 2 years when i was 33 i only did some light Rolling once a month.
Last year i noticed that my temples where getting thinner again and started to do somebody’s regime but it didnt do a thing. 2months ago i started wounding again and i have tons of small hairs in the temples, but they aren’t getting long... but 2 months is short
i’m 37 now and the top and crown is very full and i dont use any medication.

So to make things clear...
in my twenties people told me i was thinning and now when i’m 37 nobody says a thing! Because i have more hair then when i was 28.
So either he's lying (which would make no sense, but guess it's a possibility) or, like he said, he didn't respond to Finasteride.
About PrettyFly, he said he doesn't know if it was due to rolling or due to minoxidile:

https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threads/13420-Dermarolling-Community-Trial/page224

View attachment 108904
Yeah, it's obviously hard to tell when you start both at the same time. Which is why I'm not using anything else for a year. Wanna know what does what.
2mm. 10-14 days. I hope you do scalpmassage every or every other day as i do
Nice! We're following the same protocol. Gotta keep tabs on each other, buddy. Glad to know you're slowly seeing progress.
Hey dude. I use medium speed. Felt like fast wasn't as comfortable to move around.

Last edited:

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not true. I went from NW2-2.5 to NW3+ in just 6 months. It really depends on how aggressive your hair loss is.

I also went from NW1.5 to NW3 diffuse in a few months.
However, the signs of my hair dying started years before.

- My hair quality started to go to sh*t. No thinning or receding, but it was becoming oily and insanely hard to comb. This was the first sign that my hair was preparing itself for the eventual transformation into vellus.
- Couldn't pull off some hairstyles as well as i could before.
- Itch, psoriasis and flaking galore.
- The whirl/cowlick behind my head started to look bigger/more unhealthy, the parting of my hair starting to look funny.
- My hair looked really unhealthy if i didn't wash it almost every day. Even as a NW1.

These were all signs that i couldn't comprehend back then.
Try to remember some of these, they must have happened to you before as well. Because hair can't go from terminal to vellus in one month, the soil (your scalp) will give you hints years before disaster strucks.

Anyway i'm now on week 2 of dermarolling with 1.5mm. Did a session yesterday, this time i put a bit more pressure on the roller, since i actually built some tolerance for the pain. So the needles went deeper, and i got much more bleeding, particularly on the worst areas where the thinning is much more noticeable.
It hurts, but my scalp actually heals extremely quickly, only leaving a bit of redness for like one day.

I'm not checking my hair for any results, just doing it like i would brush my teeth, but even if i don't get regrowth initially, just a bit of thickening would allow me to regrow my hair again, so that would be really awesome.

If this sh*t works on me, i might call myself cured. I'm diffuse but have zero bald spots, NW3. In fact i can do some serious combover game if i want to, even now. I shaved my head just because i dislike it and find it a hassle.

Just a bit of thickening would mean that i could regrow my hair and forget about playing the stupid combover game.

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
8 weeks in, phptos roughly 6 weeks apart
Needling once a week 2mm minoxidil twice a day

View attachment 108898 View attachment 108897

Looks like the entire previously slick bald area has started to sprout tiny black hairs to me, i think there is a legit possibility you end up as one of best progress stories in a four months with a bit of luck. Anyway your hairloss has progressed quite far it must be amazing to see it go in the other direction even a little bit? I´m rooting for you and keep us updated!

ImBigTrouble

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post on this forum,

First , sorry i must improve my bad english.

i'm a diffuse bald, i am on minoxidil for 8 years, yesterday was my second dermapen session.

I have seen an improve on my hair, little new hairs and my hair is more healthy.
If i try to tear my hair (famous minoxidil hair), now i can't, before was easy to do.

I have no shedding, it could be because i am on minoxidil since a lot ? i don't know but i haven't got shedding hair in two sessions.

When i wash my hair , i don't see hairs, maybe 1 or 2, before always i had hairs on my hands, it's quickly improve i know but it's the truth i'm seeing.

I have retrograde alopecia too, i will see if it improve, yesterday was first time i use dermapen on retrograde zones.
I have one fue transplant, atm i'm not using dermapen at the transplant zone (the crown)

I will up pictures of my advance, but i write to say, something it's happening on my hair and it's not a dream or imagination.

I'm using dermapen Dr.Pen A6 with 36 needles (i've bought 12 too but they sended me 36 for mistake)

Thanks for this post, it's really a helpful ! I will update with pictures when i got time.

Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post on this forum,
Welcome, man. Don't worry about your English, I could understand what you were saying.
I have seen an improve on my hair, little new hairs and my hair is more healthy.
If i try to tear my hair (famous minoxidil hair), now i can't, before was easy to do.
I have no shedding, it could be because i am on minoxidil since a lot ? i don't know but i haven't got shedding hair in two sessions.
I have retrograde alopecia too, i will see if it improve, yesterday was first time i use dermapen on retrograde zones.
I have one fue transplant, atm i'm not using dermapen at the transplant zone (the crown)
That's great! I'm happy for you; I hope it keeps improving.
Best of luck!

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dropping in to give a 2 1/2 month update: my hair quality continues to improve. Hairline coming in strong, crown not so much. I think i'm just now beginning to see slight improvement there. Anyway, I'll be doing this weekly until I get everything back. Then I'll probably go to once per month and see what happens from there. Good luck everyone!

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Needling 2mm every week - started pressing in harder untill i see blood spots all over balding area

Use minoxidil twice a day and Also started using minoxidil straight after needling the past couple of weeks

Used minoxidil before started needling and it did nothing for me, I tried finastride in the past for about a week or 2 and stopped when I got bad sides that pasted for ages

I also do scalp massages whenever I rememeber so ends up being twice a week

I also use sandalor 1% in vanicream about 3 times a week, this was added later on in my regime and was seeing progress with minoxidil and needling before adding sandalor, I get mile headache for about an hour after this

Waiting untill I get paid and going to add trivon to regime

Exactly what I’m doing although sandalore with stemox and thinking of adding Trinov later.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 108904

Yeah, thats what he thought in 2014 because he started in 2013. But he reappeared on SAGA in 2016 posting pics almost at the 3 year mark and still was consistently recovering his hair. He got mad at some members and never posted again, sadly.

Extreme Minoxidl responders reach a peak effect at the 8 - 12 month mark, then start declining fast unless they are using some form of antiandrogen therapy. Thats very different to what happened with Prettyfly´s case.

Last edited: