Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what he thought in 2014. But he reappeared on SAGA in 2016 posting pics almost at the 3 year mark and still was consistenly recovering his hair. He got mad at some members and never posted again, sadly.
Funny how we're all striving for better options and yet some of us doubt and belittle those who present legit results using a better option backed by a studio, to the point of making them leave.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny how we're all striving for better options and yet some of us doubt and belittle those who present legit results using a better option backed by a studio, to the point of making them leave.

I really don't get it either. The sheer negativity. I mean i know people have been burned before in the past. WIth this microneedling thing we have studies that confirm it works, we have anecdotes and pictures that say it works. We have a world renowned hairloss company using wounding as their primary treatment. I mean how much more proof do people need?

Obviously the use of minoxidil is def key in alot of instances. It isn't the only topical out there, thats why people are experimenting. Even without though its shown to be a viable treatment for those doing it consistently, and by consistent i mean long term.

Again i'll say it. Something with proof like this is so easily dismissed. Yet people will try finasteride at the drop of a hat? Cause its proven? FDA approved? Again microneedling may be a far superior treatment but nobody would ever let you know because there is no money to be made from it.

About PrettyFly, he said he doesn't know if it was due to rolling or due to minoxidile:

https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threads/13420-Dermarolling-Community-Trial/page224

View attachment 108904

Or maybe the combo just regrew alot of hair like its supposed to. I highly doubt minoxidil grew all that.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A big part of why this isn't more widely known is indeed because of money imo. Nothing to be made.

I agree with the money component. Although I'm not sure the majority of men are willing to needle their heads, at least when compared to a pill or topical even with the risk of side effects. I think you had to have reached a certain mental state about your hair loss like all participants in this thread... before you'll say "Yeah, what the hell.. no pain no gain".

The money to be made would be through clinics though... to perform the procedure for those that don't have the stomach to do it to themselves at home. Big pharma has no reason to be excited about it though.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with the money component. Although I'm not sure the majority of men are willing to needle their heads, at least when compared to a pill or topical even with the risk of side effects. I think you had to have reached a certain mental state about your hair loss like all participants in this thread... before you'll say "Yeah, what the hell.. no pain no gain".
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd take 10 minutes of bearable pain twice monthly over messing with my joystick any day.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You thinking about using minoxidil once a day?

Even that would be great for you like @Kagaho

Last year i used Minoxidil for about 4-5 months.
It literally did nothing.

Didn't see even one new vellus. Didn't even get a shed.
I thought i got a minoxidil shed but no i was wrong. It was just my standard shedding, i shed hair everyday regardless.

So in the end i got bored and stopped, it was way too much hassle and i got zero results. Not even maintenance.
Felt like a waste of money and also minoxidil made my routine a nightmare, since it made my hair so oily that i had to wash my hair like two times every day.

If i get any regrowth, i KNOW for a fact that it will be because of the rolling, because min didn't do jackshit for me.

Also i know that if i recover my hair with min, that any gains i make will be gone if i stop with the minoxidil.
So f*** that, i'd rather try to regain my hair slowly, assuming the rolling does its magic.

HairForceOne

Established Member
Reaction score
I really don't get it either. The sheer negativity. I mean i know people have been burned before in the past. WIth this microneedling thing we have studies that confirm it works, we have anecdotes and pictures that say it works. We have a world renowned hairloss company using wounding as their primary treatment. I mean how much more proof do people need?

Obviously the use of minoxidil is def key in alot of instances. It isn't the only topical out there, thats why people are experimenting. Even without though its shown to be a viable treatment for those doing it consistently, and by consistent i mean long term.

Again i'll say it. Something with proof like this is so easily dismissed. Yet people will try finasteride at the drop of a hat? Cause its proven? FDA approved? Again microneedling may be a far superior treatment but nobody would ever let you know because there is no money to be made from it.

Well, one wise man once said
they see me rolling, they hating

INT

Reaction score
Just finished my first session with the above mentioned dermapen.

I definitely get more blood for less pain compared to the roller/stamp:).

Did a 1,5 mm session which I will continu on doing every 1-2 weeks along with Sandalore 1% in 70% ethanol. Some thickening in a few months would be great.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About to order more cartridges and I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on what the optimal number of pins is? 36 or 12?

137195.jpg

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd take 10 minutes of bearable pain twice monthly over messing with my joystick any day.

I consider this just a weekly workout and its far less dread inspiring and painfull than a 600lb deadlift.

Started doing my whole scalp now i know it dont harm healthy hair did 2mm fast mode DERMINATOR. only minoxidil my hair line so will be intresting if my slightly thin scalp reacts to just needles its iched for 20 years and after feeling how this stopped my hairline itching i thought id give it go in other areas with no minoxidil

recon i can do 2.5mm easy dont wana smackdown my self if its not needed

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I consider this just a weekly workout and its far less dread inspiring and painfull than a 600lb
Exactly! I actually find doing 100 calf raises with a 1" 2" 2" tempo far more painful, hahaha.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see some people are fearmongering here.
Really?

To be honest i find it really REALLY hard to believe that you could even get a minor infection by dermarolling.

Unless you use 10 years old needles covered in batshit, i really don't see how in hell you could get an infection from this stuff.

In any case, i will probably change roller every 6 months or so, but it probably will not be even needed.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hold on, so this has been known for decades but nobody did jack sh*t about it ? Why ?.

"Although interesting, it is difficult to see how this type of stimulation could be applied therapeutical"

Just "...dozing in his armchair when he fell head first into a coal fire"

I find this story hilarious, but i'm probably the only one
Thank you old man