Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Curious, why is EVERYONE not using lidocaine numbing cream...any reason not to? I'm thinking of getting some.
I personally can deal with the pain at 2 mm. But if you can't, by all means; get some.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Although interesting, it is difficult to see how this type of stimulation could be applied therapeutical"

Just "...dozing in his armchair when he fell head first into a coal fire"

I find this story hilarious, but i'm probably the only one
Thank you old man

dozing = drunk as f**k . depth of burns can be insane he must of just hit that goldylocks zone quite litrally

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
Does dermarolling increase sides from min? Also how effective is this for the temple region?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does dermarolling increase sides from min? Also how effective is this for the temple region?
It can, since it also increases its absorption. Depends on how much time do you wait before you apply it. As for how effective it is for the temple region, it's proven to depend on each individual. Some people see faster progress on the frontal region and they don't see anything on the back. Others the opposite. We figure it's because the area that's progressing faster was the last one to be affected, but we're not 100% sure.
Only one way to find out how it works for you!

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i apply directly minoxidil after needling cant say for sure if i get sides or its the intense burn rush i get .dont notice anything any other time at 300lb im sure id be first to have a heart attack if its dangerous.

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
It can, since it also increases its absorption. Depends on how much time do you wait before you apply it. As for how effective it is, it's proven to depend on each individual. Some people see faster progress on the frontal region and they don't see anything on the back. Others the opposite. Only on way to find out how it works for you!
Thanks for the info man. The only thing that makes me hesitant to start this (and min in general) is the initial shed making things worse and the side effects to my skin. But then again, I don't want to hop on finasteride so I'm thinking maybe this will buy me 2-3 years before a better treatment comes out (hopefully).

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil is a vasodilator.. surely in this day and age there is something that mimics it without any sides.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info man. The only thing that makes me hesitant to start this (and min in general) is the initial shed making things worse and the side effects to my skin. But then again, I don't want to hop on finasteride so I'm thinking maybe this will buy me 2-3 years before a better treatment comes out (hopefully).
No problem, man! Reread the post; I added some extra info.
Shedding is temporary and a good sign; think of it that way. Best of luck!

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see how this can maintain without an AA.

2young clearly did not, by his dodging the question when asked. He'd shout it to the hills if he did.

I don't think he'd have come back if he didn't. But if we have to roam in the realm of imagination, then he might as well have made everything up

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone know when Follica plans to release their topical.

I don't know, but I'm starting to suspect they are looking for a way to actual make money out of it without people simply copying their procedures at home after a few sessions

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know, but I'm starting to suspect they are looking for a way to actual make money out of it without people simply copying their procedures at home after a few sessions
Yea i bet they cant do the procedures without having to dissclose topicals used and depth of needles etc if pressed on the subject by customers or lawers so trying to find something they can patent.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are hundreds of vasodilatators on the market. There are even lots of natural ones (onions, garlic, pomegranate, etc.). But for some reasons, Minoxidil works better than the whole lot of them. So Minoxidil must be doing something else...
Have any of them really been tried topically twice a day for months?

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** it I’m in, I quit minoxidil years ago because of facial side effects and said I’d never do it again but the results are too good to ignore.

I’ve derma rolled alone in the past for 5-6 months with no results, I don’t deny that wounding on it’s own CAN give good results (which we’ve seen) but there’s clearly some synergistic effect of using both together. Got my minoxidil and took before photos today so wish me luck, might try needling the face as well to counteract any minoxidil sides.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
for dermaroller users

Here's an example of a dermaroller with real medical grade needles, that's what im using now. (1.5mm)

It has 192-200 real needles, it's a bit less painful than other regular dermarollers and it must work better for sure, its pretty cheap too, like 10-20 dollars.

imo thats the best bet for people that wants to emulate a dermapen/derminator, you can see inside the roller because its transparent. And clearly see they are real needles and not metal discs.
upload_2019-1-7_14-6-40.png

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
for dermaroller users

Here's an example of a dermaroller with real medical grade needles, that's what im using now. (1.5mm)

It has 192-200 real needles, it's a bit less painful than other regular dermarollers and it must work better for sure, its pretty cheap too, like 10-20 dollars.

imo thats the best bet for people that wants to emulate a dermapen/derminator, you can see inside the roller because its transparent. And clearly see they are real needles and not metal discs.
View attachment 108965
Very important and it cannot be stressed enough.
Further info here, for those who're just jumping in and have not seen it: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-faqs-procedures-studies-and-such.119653/

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Just received the dermapen from TBPHP (the one that the guy from the reddit succes story also used) > https://www.amazon.de/Dermapen-Derm...06XC5VG7R/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Anyone else using this one?

Hello

I am using the same one because when I tried to find a dr pen back in november it was not available.
When I received it I was wondering if the thing was not actually only vibrating (without the needle going up and down) but a guy here said he recorded it in slow motion and it does.
Apart from that it seems ok.

INT

Reaction score
Hello

I am using the same one because when I tried to find a dr pen back in november it was not available.
When I received it I was wondering if the thing was not actually only vibrating (without the needle going up and down) but a guy here said he recorded it in slow motion and it does.
Apart from that it seems ok.

Well, the blood was already a give away for me that it is not just vibrating:p.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
8 weeks in, phptos roughly 6 weeks apart
Needling once a week 2mm minoxidil twice a day
Congratulations! That is great progress. On your previous photos with the negatives, you could tell something was going on. Here, looking at the recent photos there is a marked difference. "It's allliiiiive! "