Established Member
Reaction score
Weekly update lmao

Holy f***. LITERALLY JUST ONE MONTH AND LIKE 10 DAYS:

Same lighting, same time of day, same exact spot:

before:View attachment 108998

now:
View attachment 108999

If you think my hair just "grew longer" then please get your vision checked asap :eek:
What is your regime and can you tell me about what length you use and which device?

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice so you diddnt have a shed? Cause I’m shedding like a damn madman ‍♂️.
Ever since I started dermarolling my shedding went to 0. Literally no hairs anywhere and I f*****g pull at my head all day

Before dermarolling, I'd put my head over the sink and just move my hand back and forth ruffling my hair and I would just see f*****g hairs upon hairs descending down into the sink, literally like 40-50 hairs easily in one go

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your regime and can you tell me about what length you use and which device?

minoxidil 5% + azelaic acid 5% once a day (night) like 1mL

dermaroller/derminator 1.5mm until skin is pink-ish, or looks slightly pink under the hairs (it's become harder to tell lol)

I've only used derminator 2 times since I destroyed the cartridges accidentally and had to order more and sh*t takes a long time to arrive, so I'd say most of these results are from dermarolling 2x a week

also wait 2 hours after derma to apply minoxidil

and I use this cheap one I got off ebay lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZGTS-192-N...1-5-mm-For-Face-Body-Deep-Scars-/321532170418

Last edited:

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
We really need another option for those who cant tolerate minoxidil that is safe. Or if you can use min like once or twice a week to avoid sides. It really seem to speed things up.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are another example to the amazing power of higher frequency microneedling. I have seen another two other results where rapid gains were made due to needling done more than once per week.

I'm going to try this for just 4 session to see if I heal quickly and if I'm able to tolerate it. I'm thinking of doing it every 4 days and I'll apply minoxidil immediately after on my crown which is my worst hit area but not on hairline. Since my crown started going when I was just 15 or 16, it's the oldest area of hairloss and if this experiment is sustainable, I will continue it for 2-3 months and report back. This way we may be able to make a clear distinction if high frequency is even more beneficial.

I still have a couple of days where I'm not allowed to apply minoxidil or take finasteride because I'm using other temporary medication but now there is 3 people who tried higher frequency needling and got rapid results.

Do post your history and how long you have been losing hair to give us an idea of how recent or old your hairloss is.

My hair loss started around 4 years ago but I never noticed it until two years ago when I had already lost half my density. Diffuse thinning on crown and sides of my head. Now I am 21, so it began around 17 most likely, but like I said I was never aware of it back then. I thought shedding tons of hairs was normal.. then I realized... my hairs were coming back extremely miniaturized lol. Did minoxidil for 1.5 months in 2017, gave up because I just kept feeling like sh*t seeing no improvement... then took finasteride .5mg for six-seven months in 2018 and literally zero difference in my crown, actually went below baseline and the shedding was insane. That was the deepest pit of my depression. Then I discovered this thread randomly back around Nov. 27/28 and ordered dermaroller and derminator.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We really need another option for those who cant tolerate minoxidil that is safe. Or if you can use min like once or twice a week to avoid sides. It really seem to speed things up.
That's why I suggested someone run an experiment with applying Nutraviv every day in place of minoxidil. Just a 2-3 month experiment.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe those who hate minoxidil can put it immediately after needling like in the chinese study and see if it does something. So you end up using minoxidil once a week.
Thats an interesting suggestion to use minoxidil only strait after needling for those who are allergic to it. In my case i have some small irritation ??

I did dermarolling for 1 year with no results with stemox. Or zyrtec or scalp . Peppermin oil and castor oil or massaging. so now ive just started minoxidil 5 pcnt kirkland foam twice per day. very nice product.. but it gives me these small bumps pimples on my forehead.. will these go away or any ideas what to do to stop them ? Its not an allergic reaction but some type of dermatitis ??

Attachments

• 20190108_200127.jpg
    20190108_200127.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 362

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair loss started around 4 years ago but I never noticed it until two years ago when I had already lost half my density. Diffuse thinning on crown and sides of my head. Now I am 21, so it began around 17 most likely, but like I said I was never aware of it back then. I thought shedding tons of hairs was normal.. then I realized... my hairs were coming back extremely miniaturized lol. Did minoxidil for 1.5 months in 2017, gave up because I just kept feeling like sh*t seeing no improvement... then took finasteride .5mg for six-seven months in 2018 and literally zero difference in my crown, actually went below baseline and the shedding was insane. That was the deepest pit of my depression. Then I discovered this thread randomly back around Nov. 27/28 and ordered dermaroller and derminator.
Dude your hair doesn't look that bad in the before pic. Also, why are the pics so vague? Im worried, I don't know any of these people on this board, I'm afraid this is all one big hoax, tricking people into hurting themselves :p But luckily we have the studies. Also, I have little to lose.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe those who hate minoxidil can put it immediately after needling like in the chinese study and see if it does something. So you end up using minoxidil once a week.
But what if youre bleeding because of the needling. Can I just pour minoxidil over those wounds?

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Better make sure your scalp is not infected and leaking pus.

But any progress after 12 weeks?

Nah its not infected....it was just weeping along with blood spots...nothing major at all and my scalp feels back to normal almost today.....just never noticed it before was all.

Yeah im making great progress....ill put up some pics around 3 months and 6 months.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do people in this thread who not started Minoxidil at the same time, have suceses with microneedling?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do people in this thread who not started Minoxidil at the same time, have suceses with microneedling?
There are some people here who've been using Minoxidil for a few years that have seen further progress when they started needling.
That's why I suggested someone run an experiment with applying Nutraviv every day in place of minoxidil. Just a 2-3 month experiment.
I'd do it, but I commited to rolling + massaging only for a year.
For anyone using this DermaPen https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06XC5VG7R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What speed to you use? Is it painful?
Medium speed. 2 mm is kinda fun, but that's just me.

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys for whom it actually works, you got no idea how jealous I am of you. Wish it did for me as well.

I'm wondering if the method of action is actually the following. No neogenesis happening, but the dermarolling breaks up the fibrotic tissue for two effects:
  • minoxidil can now reach a lot of follicles that it could not reach before cause the fibrosis minimized absorption of minoxidil into the fibrotic tissue
  • The follicles can grow bigger again because the tissue around them is no longer fibrotic, but soft. Remember that hair follicles need to grow and that they also actually "wander" around, depending on the cycle phase they're in (higher or lower in the dermis depending on the cycle phase)
As response to my idea with a survey in this thread was rather low, I'll now conduct the survey via PM. Maybe this will turn up some data we can use to what really makes this work - which needle length, minoxidil or not, frequency, and so on.

Everyone who is currently testing this or has been in the past, please PM me so I can send you my updated survey. Once I gathered a lot of data, I'll post it in a separate thread.
May the data guide us!

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys for whom it actually works, you got no idea how jealous I am of you. Wish it did for me as well.

I'm wondering if the method of action is actually the following. No neogenesis happening, but the dermarolling breaks up the fibrotic tissue for two effects:
  • minoxidil can now reach a lot of follicles that it could not reach before cause the fibrosis minimized absorption of minoxidil into the fibrotic tissue
  • The follicles can grow bigger again because the tissue around them is no longer fibrotic, but soft. Remember that hair follicles need to grow and that they also actually "wander" around, depending on the cycle phase they're in (higher or lower in the dermis depending on the cycle phase)
As response to my idea with a survey in this thread was rather low, I'll now conduct the survey via PM. Maybe this will turn up some data we can use to what really makes this work - which needle length, minoxidil or not, frequency, and so on.

Everyone who is currently testing this or has been in the past, please PM me so I can send you my updated survey. Once I gathered a lot of data, I'll post it in a separate thread.
May the data guide us!

That is a really good point, maybe the non responders to minoxidil are for that reason that the minoxidil isn’t reaching the follicles and the needling is making this possible

If this is true, this is actually not very good as minoxidil loses effectiveness

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is a really good point, maybe the non responders to minoxidil are for that reason that the minoxidil isn’t reaching the follicles and the needling is making this possible

If this is true, this is actually not very good as minoxidil loses effectiveness
This made me realize something right now.

Back when I started minoxidil around 23/24, I was one of these unlucky few that had really bad sides (especially dark circles around the eyes, but also some wrinkles). minoxidil was also working pretty well for me at the same time. Effects and side effects were pretty strong.

Nowadays though, 5 years later, the side effects I'm getting are much much weaker. At the same time, I also lost ground while on minoxidil and don't have new gains from the microneedling.

To me, though I might be wrong, this all points to me just absorbing minoxidil much less than before. Fewer beneficial effects, fewer side effects.

Also, maybe the advancing fibrosis is actually the reason why minoxidil loses effectiveness? Maybe dermarolling just makes sure that minoxidil keeps on being effective through the mechanisms described in my last post?