Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see how this can maintain without an AA.

2young clearly did not, by his dodging the question when asked. He'd shout it to the hills if he did.

I've read this whole thread and he hinting that he really couldn't. Then i remember weeks back one day he posted pictures from some timeline with a full head of hair but they were quickly taken down.

So a person that "lost all his hair" after needling for years came back to a forum he was banned on to tell people to needle? Doesn't make sense. Also as someone else alluded to.... there were others that maintained just with rolling. He also alluded to this being very viable. However outside forces wouldn't let it get bigger than it is. I agree with that sentiment.

I still don't understand how people trust these companies making drugs like finasteride. They don't care about your health, they care about their pockets. Which is why they'd do everything in their power to discredit the derma roller minoxidil combo if it became too big. Can't have people believing that something so simple can be the solution.

stillwaters

Reaction score
The pain is getting pretty bad and I'm thinking about trying a painkiller like ibuprofen along with lidocaine. Does anyone know of any reasons why this could be a bad idea? Thanks.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which is the cost of the cartridge replacements? and how many needles do they come with the derminator 2 package?

I have obviously had bloody happenings before, specially as a kid. However, you can't compare the anecdotical scratches from weekly (and some crazy fuckers like Somebody, which are rolling daily) wounding.

What still puts me on the fence of doing this:

-The risks of infection already discused
-Having another constant loss of money monthly to buy new needles (or even more often depending on how often one uses it)
-We have no clear evidence the inflammation that this delivers is going to damage hair long term in at least some cases that just do not benefit from it (male pattern baldness-prone scalps are typically inflammed by default, why do I want further inflamation with wounding for?)
-We have no clear evidence of what is the best protocol to use; how often, and:
-We have no clear evidence of what mm makes sense to use. Somebody claims to use 1.5mm or so but he says he just uses the tip.. so I guess he is doing around 0.5mm or so? with great results, assuming its real which leads to:
-The only people with photographic evidence here are shilling affiliate links, same for the reddit example

And believe me i am no pussy. In fact im one of the first people in france that is going to get dutasteride injected directly on the scalp. This is my next step trying to stop this dissease. I believe this makes way more sense than just piercing the skin. Apparently there are results with every other month sessions, still very expensive but whatever. We definitely need to lower 5ar levels to stop the DHT from frying our hair. You can dermapen and apply minoxidil all day, I really doubt you can do jack sh*t without nuking anti androgens on the scalp as well.

As for the pen. I bough the Dr6. Because i could easily get needle replacements on amazon. you can get like 25-30 of them for 40 dollars. Derminator a little tougher for me (i'm in US) to keep ordering cartridges thats why i went with Drpen. I'm happy with it. Its very professional looking. I got my off amazon.

As for the photographic evidence. There is plenty of it on this thread. Plenty of good evidence. There are also two or three studies that showed results. Also follica's product is based upon wounding and something else added. But again the basis is wounding.

The original poster has been more than transparent in showing pictures. Again i ask people if you were in a similar situation. He can help people and make money off of something. Why not? If you don't do it you know someone else sure as hell will.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which is the cost of the cartridge replacements? and how many needles do they come with the derminator 2 package?
Derminator comes with 2 cartridges. 12 needle cartridges cost 4 euros (roughly 5 dollars, no shipping included).
-The only people with photographic evidence here are shilling affiliate links, same for the reddit example
Maybe we're not seeing the same thread, but plenty of photographic evidence was presented via Reddit threads and there were no affiliate links. I've seen Kitedude's results, too. No affiliate links there either. PrettyFly83 sure was shilling. 2young was all about that money and all the people seeing results here want a piece of that money, so clearly it's all a lie (despite being backed by like four studies) and Finasteride is our only hope.
We definitely need to lower 5ar levels to stop the DHT from frying our hair. You can dermapen and apply minoxidil all day, I really doubt you can do jack sh*t without nuking anti androgens on the scalp as well.
Tell that to all the people who don't respond to Finasteride (there's even a microneedling study carried out to non-responders).
Also, it's not just "piercing the skin". The wound triggers the Fgf9 growth factor, related to Wnt signalling.
It appears you didn't even read the studies, yet here you are... Dismissing it and claiming the only real results are from shills. Guess that's easier.
I'm a patient person but sh*t's getting old, man.

Last edited:

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I have obviously had bloody happenings before, specially as a kid. However, you can't compare the anecdotical scratches from weekly (and some crazy fuckers like Somebody, which are rolling daily) wounding.

What still puts me on the fence of doing this:

-The risks of infection already discused
-Having another constant loss of money monthly to buy new needles (or even more often depending on how often one uses it)
-We have no clear evidence the inflammation that this delivers is going to damage hair long term in at least some cases that just do not benefit from it (male pattern baldness-prone scalps are typically inflammed by default, why do I want further inflamation with wounding for?)
-We have no clear evidence of what is the best protocol to use; how often, and:
-We have no clear evidence of what mm makes sense to use. Somebody claims to use 1.5mm or so but he says he just uses the tip.. so I guess he is doing around 0.5mm or so? with great results, assuming its real which leads to:

And believe me i am no pussy. In fact im one of the first people in france that is going to get dutasteride injected directly on the scalp. This is my next step trying to stop this dissease. I believe this makes way more sense than just piercing the skin. Apparently there are results with every other month sessions, still very expensive but whatever. We definitely need to lower 5ar levels to stop the DHT from frying our hair. You can dermapen and apply minoxidil all day, I really doubt you can do jack sh*t without nuking anti androgens on the scalp as well.

No one is forcing you to do do it. If you don't want to, then don't, couldn't care less. Go get your dutasteride injections.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your Norwood, if I may ask? Also, how long did the initial shedding last for you?

I think I'm experiencing something similar. Shedding like mad immediately after started needling. It's been three weeks and it does not seem to cool down one bit.

Sorry to hear that. From everything I have read, the post wounding shed is far worse for diffuse thinners. The initial shed was terrible for me. 3-4 months of absolute crap hair and shedding. I normally see hair treatments out but I would have quit if not for seeing some other diffuse thinners come out the other side of it ok. After a few months I was looking better than ever.

Switching to every two weeks might have helped cut back the shedding. Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if we discover someday that once a month was the way to go.

I hover between 2.5 diffuse and 3V diffuse. Currently at 2.5.

Some other people have debated about wounding and AAs. I think wounding benefits will look like Minoxidil benefits (below) without an AA. I’m not aware of a wounding study that has lasted 90 weeks but if I am wrong please correct me.

If I could go back in time I would have never started finasteride. Gave me prostatitis. But CB is looking pretty safe.

Attachments

• 6E13C8F8-90AA-4B77-9A68-945BCBA51718.gif
    6E13C8F8-90AA-4B77-9A68-945BCBA51718.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 265

HairOnTheEdge

My Regimen
Reaction score
One month so far for me. I'm doing it without minoxidil but man every time I see decent results posted it's always someone who used min. Keeps making me want to just switch over to using min as well...

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One month so far for me. I'm doing it without minoxidil but man every time I see decent results posted it's always someone who used min. Keeps making me want to just switch over to using min as well...
Same here brother. I never wanted to be dependant on topicals, but the results seem consistent.... It's tempting.

Jj42

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any thoughts on putting Zix on right after dermarolling? I feel like that would work as a disinfectant and anything of that going systemic is stuff you can safely ingest anyway...

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, first session in the books. Not sure how effective it was, since it was really hard to gauge where I went over and keep the pen vertical. Used a Dr. pen A6 on the second speed setting @ 1.5. Wasn't sure how hard to press down. I just kind of touched the tip to my head. I think the numb master helped, but it sure wasn't pleasant. Putting some music earbuds in helps a lot to distract

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. From everything I have read, the post wounding shed is far worse for diffuse thinners. The initial shed was terrible for me. 3-4 months of absolute crap hair and shedding. I normally see hair treatments out but I would have quit if not for seeing some other diffuse thinners come out the other side of it ok. After a few months I was looking better than ever.

Switching to every two weeks might have helped cut back the shedding. Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if we discover someday that once a month was the way to go.

I hover between 2.5 diffuse and 3V diffuse. Currently at 2.5.

Some other people have debated about wounding and AAs. I think wounding benefits will look like Minoxidil benefits (below) without an AA. I’m not aware of a wounding study that has lasted 90 weeks but if I am wrong please correct me.

If I could go back in time I would have never started finasteride. Gave me prostatitis. But CB is looking pretty safe.
Thank you for the reply. I see a lot of people posting about initial shedding lasting for a month or so. Your case confirms that it could be longer than that which is slightly reassuring.

I do feel that for diffuse thinners it could last much longer since there's too many unhealthy hairs on their way out. I'm a diffuse thinner too. I'm also cutting back my frequency to once every two weeks. It's really frustrating because every time I wound I do feel that it makes my scalp and hair feel better for a while. But the shedding is simply too much to handle now. I have longer hair and it's really noticeable.

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
8 weeks in, phptos roughly 6 weeks apart
Needling once a week 2mm minoxidil twice a day

View attachment 108898 View attachment 108897
Congratulations, both on your amazing regrowth and for being the sort of man willing to seize what it is that they want. This is just another example of the undeniable fact that this treatment works. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but... There's never been a case where this didn't work right? Now that I'm thinking I haven't seen one example of a person who's tried the treatment for over a year and failed to see results, or someone who stopped experiencing regrowth at any point. Everything points to this being a full fledged "cure" for those of us willing to do it, and stick with it. It makes me extemely optomistic as I've said multiple times I would endure any pain or struggle for regrowth aside from harmful "tranny" regimines or finasteride, especially since I'm still young. If anyone is still holding out on this treatment you have two options, admit you're a big lazy baby and "just shave it bro!" now, or buy a pen, grow a pair, and get back what was taken from you. Consider yourself lucky to be part of a community dedicated to scientifically evaluating and theorizing possible treatments to this disease, as well as being privy to information garnered from such, and take advantage of it. I bet you a thousand dollars every guy who leaves his wife and buys a motorcycle because he noticed a little thinning would dive head first into this if he knew it was an option, so be smart and don't take it lying down