Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is your hair dyed?
No, I only greyed at the sideburns and now beard is mostly grey. I can see some grey hairs mixed in on top now.

Attachments

• IMG_20190105_1714318.jpg
    IMG_20190105_1714318.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 569

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've started doing scalp massages with the Panasonic device alongside needling for the past 2 weeks. 2 4-minute sessions of massages every day and 1 microneedling session per week with 2.0 mm at medium setting with Dr. Pen. Also use minoxidil 1xper day at night. While it's still too early to talk about regrowth there are 2 interesting things I've noticed since starting massages.

1. I've dealt with chronic dandruff and scalp itchiness since 6th grade. I've tried everything from head and shoulders, biz, apple cider vinegar, onion juice, etc. Nothing has worked. The closest thing to stopping it was finasteride when it did work for me. Since starting scalp massages, the dandruff and scalp itch have been completely eliminated. Literally have not had to deal with it since starting the massaging which is insane

2. I've been dermarolling since November with little results alongside minoxidil. One thing I noticed when using the pen was that while I'd get erythema and pain, I'd never get any blood spots at all. Since starting the massages, the two dermapen sessions I've done have actually caused some blood spots to appear and it seems like the rolling is actually more painful. Idk if it's a good thing but it's something different.

While it's only been 2 weeks, my scalp feels healthier and I feel like I might actually be feeling some more hairs on my crown which is pretty barren. I will continue taking multiple pics of my scalp and observing for changes but hopefully these are some positive changes and means something is happening

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't see how intermittant fasting is connected to anything related to inflammation. Each needling session is creating acute inflammation. Many of the participants here reported after few needling session reduced dandruff and overall itchiness on the scalp which is common symptom in chronic inflammation. That's why in my opinion needling creates healthier enviroment for new hair growth.

Intermittent fasting puts the body into optimum "repair mode", so to speak. Yes, wounding does indeed cause inflammation - but we wound to induce our body's healing response, that's where the benefit supposedly comes from for our hair.

If intermittent fasting boosts our ability to heal, it stands to reason that the body may be able to repair the wounds more effectively and efficiently if I.F. is implemented. It'd be interesting to find out.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
4th session today. Wasn't that bad this time. But at the moment I'm shedding a ton of hair.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone who wears a hat after needling? Might be a ridiculous question, but I want to avoid irritating my scalp as much as I can (but a hat in this weather is pretty much essential).

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone who wears a hat after needling? Might be a ridiculous question, but I want to avoid irritating my scalp as much as I can (but a hat in this weather is pretty much essential).
I do and have no problem. I think you'll be fine!

mowingdown

Reaction score
Has anyone had an EXTREME itch right after microneedling? This is my first session and my head is so god damn itchy it’s never been this bad..it’s been about ten minutes since I did it..

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Intermittent fasting puts the body into optimum "repair mode", so to speak. Yes, wounding does indeed cause inflammation - but we wound to induce our body's healing response, that's where the benefit supposedly comes from for our hair.

If intermittent fasting boosts our ability to heal, it stands to reason that the body may be able to repair the wounds more effectively and efficiently if I.F. is implemented. It'd be interesting to find out.

That's what I said, Neddling (acute wounding) creates healing response. Maybe I should have been more specific.

I just found out how intermittent fasting is popular these days, but I'm sceptical. It may put your body into ketosis ( burn fat for energy ) for a couple of hours and therefore lose weight, but for someone not on ketogenic diet this is just unneccesary stress for your body IMO. You may lose couple of pounds, but losing weight and stress is linked to hair loss. And this whole 'I'm feeling so much more energy' may be just due to increased stress hormones.

I try to stay openminded, so if you have some reasearch backing intermittent fasting send me a PM.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone had an EXTREME itch right after microneedling? This is my first session and my head is so god damn itchy it’s never been this bad..it’s been about ten minutes since I did it..

Yes after my very first session, I take an antihistamine about 10 minutes before every session now.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have good and bad news. Bad news is, microneedling alone seems to show extremely slow results (kind of expected) and the small improvements halted once I stopped using Minoxidil due to potential health concerns.

The good news is, I will resume Minoxidil usage in about a week. It turned out that my chest pain was caused by something else totally unrelated (and luckily minor) and I was already treated and almost fully healed as of now.

To give some more context, I used Minoxidil in the past with little results besides (probably) maintenance. I dropped it when I decided to buzz my hair. I used to tolerate it very well for years, no side effects whatsoever. So I should be fine when I resume usage again :)

I still think micro needling alone will grow hair. As a couple people have proven in the past. However yes you are correct it took them a while longer. As we discussed here yesterday, maybe just maybe we can grow hair with minoxidil and eventually drop it. Just needling every couple of weeks.That would be ideal for some people.

This about a week after my 6th (I think) session, might've been 5th. Will needle again probably Monday. Can't tell if much happening from the mirror or from pictures because it's so hard to be exact with lighting but it's all in the same location under the same light with hair at a 5 guard. Might be getting a little better but it's only been about 6 weeks total so hard to say at this point. Some comparison pictures from an earlier post as well. Enjoy the weekend everyone!

I definitely see thickening, or at the very least healthier hair in some spots. However like you all mentioned it could be the lighting i'm not sure. Personally i believe something happening. Need more time.

That's what I said, Neddling (acute wounding) creates healing response. Maybe I should have been more specific.

I just found out how intermittent fasting is popular these days, but I'm sceptical. It may put your body into ketosis ( burn fat for energy ) for a couple of hours and therefore lose weight, but for someone not on ketogenic diet this is just unneccesary stress for your body IMO. You may lose couple of pounds, but losing weight and stress is linked to hair loss. And this whole 'I'm feeling so much more energy' may be just due to increased stress hormones.

I try to stay openminded, so if you have some reasearch backing intermittent fasting send me a PM.

All i'm saying with IF is it reduces inflammation. I just basically skip breakfast. That puts me in between 12-14 hour fasts per day. Its been proven to be beneficial for other inflammatory diseases. Some anecdotals on reddit even say it stopped with scalp itch and made there hair thicker. Its a helpful tool thats all, one that can potentially help with the scalp environment so that derma roll minoxidil can do its job.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright! Second session is done.
I applied more pressure than before. No changes in pain; still not bad at all. However, it was a blood spot party this time around.
Looking forward to the third one.
I must not be pressing down hard enough. I was barely even red the next morning. The front half hurts like hell, but the mid to crown doesn't at all. Kinda figured it would be the opposite haha

For me it's easier having the pen in one hand and holding my head with the other. I also think going by feel helps instead of the mirror sometimes.

I might have to try that or just sit down and practice with the mirror

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Noted, thanks! Do you know what’s causing it? I can only think of the needle tips being made of nickel (I’m allergic to nickel)

I would imagine it’s just the initial irritation from wounding your scalp, I certainly got used to it after that.
I have had the same feeling after scratching my legs when wearing shorts in the woods, same sort of thing I would think.

I just continued with the antihistamine and I have had no issue since, my scalp doesn’t seem as tough now though either.

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thinking of getting the dermapen 2 as well. Anyone using it for wrinkles or skin pigmention as well? Maybe a tool that allows you to kill two birds with one stone!