Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I am really starting to doubt more and more about the efficacy of a dermapen for wounding our scalps compared to the roller. Is there any UNAMBIGUOUS success case of regrowth so far of some dude wounding with a pen? With unambiguous, I mean the folliwing:

1) someone who DID NOT start minoxidil at the same time as needling
2) someone who has Only used a pen to wound. People who used rollers first and then switched to a pen doesn't count. This is the case of numberman, who might have attributed its initial regrowth spurt to the roller.
3) Someone with DEFINITE evidence of regrowth, as in visual assessment with equal hairlength and stuff. Stuff like "my hair feels great" or "my hair feels more alive" means nothing in terms of results.

Anyone falls into that category? I think my pen is really weak to penetrante my scalp, and that there is no better substitute than my own strength and pressure to ensure that the needles effectively penetrate, even though it might be more painful.

Any opinions on this?

Just because your dermapen is a piece of sh*t doesn't mean other electrodynamic microneedling devices are bad. Derminator2 is the gold standard. I can try to tear my scalp apart with a 2mm roller and still wouldn't get the kind of penetration i can get easily with the derminator.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
New update. Check out fellas. It's been officially 1 month and 20 days since I started Derminator 1.5mm (once weekly) + minoxidil 1x daily

Same lighting, same position in my room, same time of day pictures taken:

one month ago:
fn24mxk.png
oectYOo.png

taken five minutes ago:
33oFWlI.png
tlu7alY.png

We're all gunna make it.

ps: On the day that I took those first two photos I was literally ready to to just give up completely and descended into the deepest pit of despair I've ever felt in my entire life. Jesus Christ, I feel so fortunate I got back into nightly prayers so that I can have continued success.

giphy.gif

and no, I won't be cutting my hair again any time soon now that I can go outside looking like a fullhead again and not some diffuse patchy freak. I took my hat off today and went outside for the first time in like two months (without a hat I mean, I haven't been inside for two months lmao)

Last edited:

Whatabouthoes

My Regimen
Reaction score

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sure some will argue that your hair length discredits your before and after pics, but that looks like regrowth to me no doubt about it. I swear this minoxidil + needling combo works quick. I’ve only been on it for a little less than a month and already I’m seeing some undeniable regrowth as well. Nothin to it but to do it!

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sold. Where can I buy a derminator? This roller ain’t cutting it.
I ordered the derminator 2 on Dec 14th. Still waiting. I'm just stamping the roller into my head, bleeding, rinsing and minoxidil. Rogain foam during the day and essegen 6% with .05% finasteride at night.
Saturday morning is my day to punch micro holes in my scalp. Starting to see results. Even the temples have woken up. They were gone a quater century ago. Never had temple points though. Maybe I can grow some
Don't have any before pictures but those are vellus in front of my burns and there were no hairs there before. . I've only been doing this for 2 months. Never used any treatments before that. My hairline is sprouting small coloured dark and light hairs as well. Vertex is hard to see much difference but was first to thin 5 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20190110_2131386.jpg
    IMG_20190110_2131386.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sure some will argue that your hair length discredits your before and after pics, but that looks like regrowth to me no doubt about it. I swear this minoxidil + needling combo works quick. I’ve only been on it for a little less than a month and already I’m seeing some undeniable regrowth as well. Nothin to it but to do it!

The best part is it isn't even a real pain for me or a chore or anything. With the Derminator I feel practically zero pain and cover my entire scalp in like less than seven minutes. I wouldn't mind doing this for the rest of my life to be completely honest (and I honestly intend to lol)

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered the derminator 2 on Dec 14th. Still waiting. I'm just stamping the roller into my head, bleeding, rinsing and minoxidil. Rogain foam during the day and essegen 6% with .05% finasteride at night.
Saturday morning is my day to punch micro holes in my scalp. Starting to see results. Even the temples have woken up. They were gone a quater century ago. Never had temple points though. Maybe I can grow some
Don't have any before pictures but those are vellus in front of my burns and there were no hairs there before. . I've only been doing this for 2 months. Never used any treatments before that. My hairline is sprouting small coloured dark and light hairs as well. Vertex is hard to see much difference but was first to thin 5 years ago.
is your hair dyed?

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The best part is it isn't even a real pain for me or a chore or anything. With the Derminator I feel practically zero pain and cover my entire scalp in like less than seven minutes. I wouldn't mind doing this for the rest of my life to be completely honest (and I honestly intend to lol)

I completely agree, it’s not a big deal at all! I’ve had my fair share of knee & shoulder surgeries so the pain involved with needling is extremely minimal in my opinion. My scalp tends to heal within a day as well which is great. I’m excited to see some continued research on the efficacy of needling as it continues to gain popularity

Kenny's_Login

Reaction score
I'm 41 and I've tried many treatments -- some marginally effective, most cost prohibitive -- and I've learned that the effective ones consistently induce a shedding phase during the first two months.

The fact that I've gone through a significant shed within the first 7 weeks of needling tells me that desirable results are likely. There's no improvement to report yet, but I'm familiar enough with my shedding patterns to know that growth is imminent.

I'm using the Dr Pen A7, which is a pain in the *** because it's wired, but the speed is 17,000 per minute and the 12-pack needles are thin.

https://gzekai.com/dermapen-drpen-ultima-a7-p00082p1.html

I'm considering selling it for a wireless pen. I'm not considering a Derminator since I don't see the advantages and I don't think microtearing is the concern everyone thinks it is.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 41 and I've tried many treatments -- some marginally effective, most cost prohibitive -- and I've learned that the effective ones consistently induce a shedding phase during the first two months.

The fact that I've gone through a significant shed within the first 7 weeks of needling tells me that desirable results are likely. There's no improvement to report yet, but I'm familiar enough with my shedding patterns to know that growth is imminent.

I'm using the Dr Pen A7, which is a pain in the *** because it's wired, but the speed is 17,000 per minute and the 12-pack needles are thin.

https://gzekai.com/dermapen-drpen-ultima-a7-p00082p1.html

I'm considering selling it for a wireless pen. I'm not considering a Derminator since I don't see the advantages and I don't think microtearing is the concern everyone thinks it is.

Microtearing is just a concern if you're using it on your face for collagen and skin tightening. It's pretty irrelevant for us.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen similar progress in my temple points. At this point only after 40 some days and 4 sessions all that needs to happen for them to have as much density as someone like Zayn Malik is just grow longer.

View attachment 109875

It's as advanced as this guy now and it was literally an 1/2 an inch behind before.

holy f***. I need to start doing my temples.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did my second session. I still don't have the technique down for using a pen. My hand eye coordination looking in a mirror is so bad. I try to do up and down, and it always turns into diagonal lol

Those with a pen, do you just touch the tip down or do you press a bit? I feel like I'm being too gentle by just gliding it across

Whatabouthoes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone attempt to order the derminator and get a disclaimer about shipping delays during cold months? What the hell is that all about?

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did my second session. I still don't have the technique down for using a pen. My hand eye coordination looking in a mirror is so bad. I try to do up and down, and it always turns into diagonal lol

Those with a pen, do you just touch the tip down or do you press a bit? I feel like I'm being too gentle by just gliding it across
For me it's easier having the pen in one hand and holding my head with the other. I also think going by feel helps instead of the mirror sometimes.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright! Second session is done.
I applied more pressure than before. No changes in pain; still not bad at all. However, it was a blood spot party this time around.
Looking forward to the third one.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, and yeah: pain wasn't bad, but needling the hairline makes me sneeze and I have strong *** sneezes. I think I broke a rib or two.

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
On the inflammation theories. I mentioned a month or so ago that i regularily practice intermittant fasting. Itś been known to help other people with acne and arthritis, both of with involved inflammation. Ive been doing it for years. Partially because i skip breakfast alot and it makes me feel healthier. Never know if it did anything for hair. However ive always thought it helps create a healthier scalp environment by reducing overall inflammation.

Interesting how wounding creates that acute response, and how its helpful.

Nope. I took finasteride originally for a year, got sides that persisted for a couple years. Had to stop and started minoxidil literally 7 years ago. It maintained i think. Once i started rolling things have jumped up.

I will definitely post pics down the line a couple of months in, like alot of other people plan on doing. For now i just wanted to share my results. Trying to be helpful to others.

I don't see how intermittant fasting is connected to anything related to inflammation. Each needling session is creating acute inflammation. Many of the participants here reported after few needling session reduced dandruff and overall itchiness on the scalp which is common symptom in chronic inflammation. That's why in my opinion needling creates healthier enviroment for new hair growth.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have good and bad news. Bad news is, microneedling alone seems to show extremely slow results (kind of expected) and the small improvements halted once I stopped using Minoxidil due to potential health concerns.

The good news is, I will resume Minoxidil usage in about a week. It turned out that my chest pain was caused by something else totally unrelated (and luckily minor) and I was already treated and almost fully healed as of now.

To give some more context, I used Minoxidil in the past with little results besides (probably) maintenance. I dropped it when I decided to buzz my hair. I used to tolerate it very well for years, no side effects whatsoever. So I should be fine when I resume usage again :)