Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Random question but I was wondering how many spare needles you get when buying the Derminator 2? Since their needles are quite expensive.

i bought like seven cartridges recently

because I accidentally destroyed the ones that came with the device

now I know how to properly sterilize them though, so they will probably last me for two years

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed a new thick black hair sprouting from the shaft in my forelock, it now seems to have disappeared, do you think this may have shed and possibly come back to grow longer eventually?
That might be the case. Keep an eye on that sneaky basterd!

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i bought like seven cartridges recently

because I accidentally destroyed the ones that came with the device

now I know how to properly sterilize them though, so they will probably last me for two years

How many spare cartridges came with the device?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many extra spare cartridges did you buy? Because two certainly is not enough right?
I didn't buy any.
I don't have the Derminator, but mine came with 2 cartridges too.
Is it enough, well that depends on the frequency. I myself am doing it bi-monthly. If the cartridges are sanitized you can give them a few uses.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't buy any.
I don't have the Derminator, but mine came with 2 cartridges too.
Is it enough, well that depends on the frequency. I myself am doing it bi-monthly. If the cartridges are sanitized you can give them a few uses.

Which dermapen did you buy? And why didn't you go for the derminator?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aren't you afraid of microtearing, or is that something you don't belief in? And is that pen powerful enough? Because I have read that that pen is far less powerful than for example the Derminator 2.
I mean, the risk is there I guess. It does just fine. Is the Derminator better, I don't know. Probably is, but haven't tried it.
I plan on upgrading eventually though. But for now this is all i got.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also got that pen.

But I would assume this one is good since it's one numberguy used, you know the guy who got the crazy results.

I know, the thing is though that we don't know whether a cheap pen (or any other pen actually) can cause damage to your skin in the long term. If it can, I'd guess that something like the Derminator 2 might be safer since it is of a higher quality. But I am just guessing.

Pelimorfo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. Pelimorfo here. I start today dermarrolling again. I use dermarroller and betadine before using it. It really hurts, i didnt remenber like that.
I did in 2014 a three month dermarrolling trial. I stop because i didnt know if can damage my hair. So decide to stop for a while. I realize that my hait become more dark and thick.
After this 4 years and half... i havent do nothing... so...i have less hair. But anyway i am going to try again and if it improves again i will continue farther than 3 months mark... lets see... not too much to lost.
My first sesion has been a little soft... will try to do it harder next time.
So one more in the dermarroll boat.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. Pelimorfo here. I start today dermarrolling again. I use dermarroller and betadine before using it. It really hurts, i didnt remenber like that.
I did in 2014 a three month dermarrolling trial. I stop because i didnt know if can damage my hair. So decide to stop for a while. I realize that my hait become more dark and thick.
After this 4 years and half... i havent do nothing... so...i have less hair. But anyway i am going to try again and if it improves again i will continue farther than 3 months mark... lets see... not too much to lost.
My first sesion has been a little soft... will try to do it harder next time.
So one more in the dermarroll boat.
Hola amigo.
Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy the needling journey. It might be painful but it looks like it can pay off! Good luck.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Aren't you afraid of microtearing, or is that something you don't belief in? And is that pen powerful enough? Because I have read that that pen is far less powerful than for example the Derminator 2.

This pen is extremely powerful. I'm bleeding like a pig with 1.5 mm and I'm sore 3 days later.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is actually the proper technique of using a dermapen? I know that on this site people say that you should go in straight and diagonal lines but the Derminator instructions state that you should do it in circles. But they also say that when using it for hair regrowth that: "With longer hair, move the machine always in the direction of the strands of hair as they are laying on your scalp. So you move from the roots to their ends." Does anyone have any experience with using the dermapen on long hair?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I am really starting to doubt more and more about the efficacy of a dermapen for wounding our scalps compared to the roller. Is there any UNAMBIGUOUS success case of regrowth so far of some dude wounding with a pen? With unambiguous, I mean the folliwing:

1) someone who DID NOT start minoxidil at the same time as needling
2) someone who has Only used a pen to wound. People who used rollers first and then switched to a pen doesn't count. This is the case of numberman, who might have attributed its initial regrowth spurt to the roller.
3) Someone with DEFINITE evidence of regrowth, as in visual assessment with equal hairlength and stuff. Stuff like "my hair feels great" or "my hair feels more alive" means nothing in terms of results.

Anyone falls into that category? I think my pen is really weak to penetrante my scalp, and that there is no better substitute than my own strength and pressure to ensure that the needles effectively penetrate, even though it might be more painful.

Any opinions on this?

HairForceOne

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I am really starting to doubt more and more about the efficacy of a dermapen for wounding our scalps compared to the roller. Is there any UNAMBIGUOUS success case of regrowth so far of some dude wounding with a pen? With unambiguous, I mean the folliwing:

2) someone who has Only used a pen to wound. People who used rollers first and then switched to a pen doesn't count. This is the case of numberman, who might have attributed its initial regrowth spurt to the roller.
3) Someone with DEFINITE evidence of regrowth, as in visual assessment with equal hairlength and stuff. Stuff like "my hair feels great" or "my hair feels more alive" means nothing in terms of results.

Anyone falls into that category? I think my pen is really weak to penetrante my scalp, and that there is no better substitute than my own strength and pressure to ensure that the needles effectively penetrate, even though it might be more painful.

Any opinions on this?

In my opinion, roller is greatly underappreciated. Roller (with titanium needles) > mediocre pen. According to makers of Derminator, most of the cheap chinese dermapens are weak and might not push needles deep enough. Yup, they are marketing their product but I find it easy to believe.

With good roller, you can be sure needles goes deep and wounding is maximized. Next week I am getting Derminator so I will get a chance to compare pen to a roller.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Just did my 2nd session (10 days after the first one).
Worked up to 1.75 and it hurt like a b**ch, I was in tears, dunno if I'll ever do 2mm.

Should I be worried about not seeing yet any blood spot? Scalp is red and burning, but no blood.

Attachments

• 5430B871-F7C5-40A2-A430-8F96D0044027.jpeg
    5430B871-F7C5-40A2-A430-8F96D0044027.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 425

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Any opinions on this?
Honestly, I can't think of one and that's some food for thought. Wonder if it really means something.