Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ewwwww

Why do yall watch these meh shows? Watch something quality like True Detective S3
That's a nice opinion... that I don't share.
But I've also seen both seasons of "True Detective".

Noahwiththelongthinhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is microneedling working for majority? I just thought it would benefit everyone honestly, I have to say I am seeing hairs darker and thicker sprouting sticking out, some have grown pretty quickly, and my hair feels a lot more healthier the ones that have sprouted seem to be a lot more thicker, I'm early in on my treatments though I'm on topical finasteride 0.1% (1 mg) nizoral 2% minoxidil 5%, supplements, of course I'm still using a dermaroller but I'm seeing sprouts where I have dermarolled that weren't there before. Another difference I'm seeing is it's getting much harder to see through my hair, which I'm sure is a good thing. I started noticeably balding when I was 16, 15 I think I did have a recession but not bad still thick hair, been off and on treatments since mainly minoxidil did oral finasteride 2mths no sides but couldn't get anymore from where I was getting from they didn't accept gift cards no more. But have added in and I am being consistent and patient. I'm 20 now about to be 21, the fact it's been 4-5 years might take a while for me to get some good results, but since I am seeing results period I'm sticking with it, I might add in topical dutasteride if finasteride just stops working for me. No side effects either surprisingly for topical use.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Where I left out, I was asking about the difference between:

1) bi-monthly with a deeper needle around 1,5mm to 2,0mm as seen on research, at least the studies i've seen are around those lines

vs

2) going in more often, as often as daily, with less penetration as user @Somebody does

So what do we have here? 1) Is triggering growth factors and 2) is just making the minoxidil more effective? @Somebody is on finasteride and minoxidil.

Then I saw some scam accusations since OP is using affiliate links.

Honestly im not sure about this. My scalp itches, I assume it's inflammed, I assume dermapening/rolling raises inflammation, therefore im not sure if this is a good idea at all while you have an itchy scalp. With a sane scalp I would go for it, but my head doesn't feel perfect so im scared to have agressive treatments on my scalp. I may try once a month and see what happens. Im also looking forward to dutasteride injections as my last resort. I believe it's nothing but deluded to stop this disease without potent anti androgens. I can already see the horseshoe pattern forming for me, it's definitely male pattern baldness probably speeded up by my shitty health like hypothyroid and low vitamin D, mostly because of the depressive state of hairloss itself. At least as an hypothyroid im not a fatass tho im pretty thin. I just need to stop this f*****g disease from going on any further.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No. Minoxidil is so cheap and easy to apply that I won't be taking the risk of stopping.

My concern with topicals is that long term usage may thin up the sky. Consider that all these alcoholic vehicles which the scalp is exposed at on a daily basis for decades... can we really deal with this for 20+ years?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've seen similar progress in my temple points. At this point only after 40 some days and 4 sessions all that needs to happen for them to have as much density as someone like Zayn Malik is just grow longer.

View attachment 109875

It's as advanced as this guy now and it was literally an 1/2 an inch behind before.

So how often do you dermapen? which nail lenght? And doesn't applying minoxidil on top of wounds burns like a mofo?

Also, isn't there a vein on that temple area? that makes me paranoid to do the temple points. I definitely want Zayn's hair tho.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My concern with topicals is that long term usage may thin up the sky. Consider that all these alcoholic vehicles which the scalp is exposed at on a daily basis for decades... can we really deal with this for 20+ years?
If Shisheido delivers, technically it's like a vaccine against baldness. No concern other than doing it every few years.
There's that, but gotta materialize first.

Derminator

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok guys WTF is everyone here a f*****g stone golem or do I have the softest skin in the universe of the planet?

Just did my first session, I decided to take it easy and did 1.0 mm at medium speed. Super easy, prickling actually felt kind of good since my scalp itches 24/7 and it was like scratching.

Went over whole scalp twice, wanted to call it quits but decided to try, very conservatively, the fast speed setting with 0.75mm (!!!)

It was quite painful and this is the result. Like wtf, 0.75 guys :/.

Attachments

• dermaroller.png
    dermaroller.png
    658 KB · Views: 563

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering why I van needle easily on my whole head, except for my temples. The needles always get stucked in this area.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any evidence for this?

I keep hearing about fibrosis and calcification being a physical, tangible thing with people thinking their scalps are literally covered in this blood sucking substance. But no one has actualy provided any real backed-by-science non empirical evidence for this.

People think they're actually crunching and breaking up fibrosis with their bare hands with 0 proof.
And I just posted this
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16755026

You could also try google, bing, or yahoo! search

keephoping

Reaction score
Yeah the inconsistent lighting and even distance from the camera is making it hard to gauge progress so far. But it's just 6 weeks so far and it does look a bit more dense. Do you see any thin and tiny regrowth?

I see thin regrowth of hair around the hairline but nothing cosmetically significant to report. When I take pictures a month from now I'll try to replicate the lighting on these pictures and do better! Thanks for the response!

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The
And I just posted this
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16755026

You could also try google, bing, or yahoo! search

Needling may be reducing the mechanical stress on the follicles as it is breaking up the fibrosis.

The same way that needling can break up the fibrotic tissue in dupytrens disease of the hand.
In this disease, the tendons are replaced by a different form of collagen, more like keratin. The stress pulls the fingers inward toward the palm.
Surgery is commonly used as a way to release the fingers but needling has been recently used as a less invasive option
This study relates mechanical stress on the scalp to fibrosis and resulting miniaturisation
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4639964/