Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It takes years for healthy terminal hair to become sickly vellus hair.
So it's only obvious... you may get lots of vellus by dermarolling, but actually getting them to become terminal will require TIME!

Tbh you guys should just dermaroll and forget about your hair.
Think of it like cleaning your teeth.

Results will come, just keep rolling in the meantime.
Not true. I went from NW2-2.5 to NW3+ in just 6 months. It really depends on how aggressive your hair loss is.

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hmm i saw no improvement but deterioration on finasteride so i switched to dutasteride.
If you don’t mind me asking how long were you on fina? And how long have you now been on duta? I jumped on fina 6 months ago with a completely healthy head of hair with the exception of the temples which were quickly receding over a period of weeks. Now my entire scalp is diffuse. I’m convinced fina caused this. Just wondering how long to keep going. I’ve ordered the derminator and hope to add that once it arrives.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used 5% lidocaine yesterday before needling session. I can confirm that I am still alive and did not face any side effects. In fact, due to lidocaine I was able to needle without UNBEARABLE pain.
RIght, seems weird that a 1% difference would cause something like that

Yeah, @FrenchMoustache's brother who is a doctor said 5% lidocaine could cause it.

Also, the OP from Reddit can't be a good responder to Minoxidil since he used it for 2 years without results.
Interesting. I tried reading up on it, but couldn't find anything conclusive. The only thing I saw was a lady in a video who was talking about numbing said something about don't cover 25% of your skin(assuming whole body) with lidocaine for safety reasons

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RIght, seems weird that a 1% difference would cause something like that

Interesting. I tried reading up on it, but couldn't find anything conclusive. The only thing I saw was a lady in a video who was talking about numbing said something about don't cover 25% of your skin(assuming whole body) with lidocaine for safety reasons
Yeah, I myself am not using it. I also think it's odd that a 1% difference would cause this. I tried looking it up but didn't find anything, either.
Hopefully @FrenchMoustache can give us a better answer.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
I bet the americans in this thread can get way better numbing cream than here in the UK.
Best I could find is this stuff:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38-10g-2...Anesthetic-Numb-Cream-Permanent-/202442875228

Works great on forehead and cheeks (used these areas as test spots) and id say reduces temple pain by about 30% and crown pain 40% but you can certainly still feel it and it does still hurt.
My routine is:

Numbing cream
1 Hour later shower with Nizoral
Derma pen 4 passes total (two horizontal two vertical)
Kirkland minoxidil foam one cap full roughly, just once on that day
Kirkland minoxidil as usual twice a day the following morning
Repeat derma pen once a week on Sundays

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bet the americans in this thread can get way better numbing cream than here in the UK.
Best I could find is this stuff:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38-10g-2...Anesthetic-Numb-Cream-Permanent-/202442875228

Works great on forehead and cheeks (used these areas as test spots) and id say reduces temple pain by about 30% and crown pain 40% but you can certainly still feel it and it does still hurt.
My routine is:

Numbing cream
1 Hour later shower with Nizoral
Derma pen 4 passes total (two horizontal two vertical)
Kirkland minoxidil foam one cap full roughly, just once on that day
Kirkland minoxidil as usual twice a day the following morning
Repeat derma pen once a week on Sundays

That uses the same 5% lidocaine. Anything would be better than raw. Kind of dreading trying this lol

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
I only roll for like 5 minutes, but I damn well make sure those 5 minutes count. Today was my third session (with the holidays I missed a session so there's 2 weeks between my second and third attempt), I bled like 'crazy'. Questions:
-Can you roll too hard?
-5 minutes enough when there's enough trauma to the scalp? I didn't just have those little red spots with a tiny amount of blood, I see little wounds from a distance when I look at myself. Blood spatters I should say.

Hurt like hell but hey, when everybody in here is so damn positive, I'm gonna keep on rolling

Test subject X

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So far I dermastamped 5 times. Started at 1mm and worked up to 1.5mm with a 12 cartage A9 pen. The pain is ok..., actually I look forward to the sessions. I dont use minoxidil or any numbing creams.

What I noticed is that for 3-4 days after stamping the itch goes away and the scalp feels healthy. My itch is like little red ants are biting my follicles on the temples, hairline and crown.

Godspeed fellas.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we have any other alternatives besides minoxidil that people are trying with dermarolling?
I'm afraid we don't. There's RU, but not much else... Rosemary oil was more effective than 2% Minoxidil, but people use 5%. Let's see what Sandalore does.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am micro-needling every 3 or 4 days. I use bimatoprost twice a day. I'm having awesome results similar to the positive responders with minoxidil. It will be 12 weeks Wednesday I will post pics in the next 4 weeks.
Hey man, glad to hear you're seeing progress!
At what length are you microneedling?

Last edited:

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow is finally the day! Before I jump into it, do you think it's necessary to disinfect the pen before using it, even though it's new? (I know I ask about disinfecting and such a lot. Bear with me, please).
I took a pic looking down with unwashed hair, another one with flat wet hair, another one with messy wet hair and another one with my hair combed to both sides and back, all under intense lighting. I'm open to suggestions.

I did just in case... Despite rubbing alcohol being expensive (yes, I'm that broke)