Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly can't remember. I just needed some kind of dht blocker and it had azelaic acid, which is supposed to have an effect. I'd still use it if I had the money, but it's too expensive.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a 5% Lidocaine cream prescribed by my brother/doctor. He told me to test it on a small part of the cheek. Apply the cream on a 3x3cm section of your skin. Wait for 30 minutes. If there is no allergic reaction, then you will not have any side effect from it. If you get an allergic reaction from this (even a small one) and your face or your throat is swelling, don't wait and go to the nearest hospital; you could die from this. A 5% cream is not likely to be dangerous... still, you never know. 10, 15 or 20% are more likely to be dangerous.

Hope it helps. ;)
Awesome. Thanks for the details

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried that for a while. Has some good stuff in it, but just too expensive.
Did you try it together with dermarolling? I mean minoxidil can be useless on its own for some but with rolling it really seem to help. Wondering if its the same with this

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only roll for like 5 minutes, but I damn well make sure those 5 minutes count. Today was my third session (with the holidays I missed a session so there's 2 weeks between my second and third attempt), I bled like 'crazy'. Questions:
-Can you roll too hard?
-5 minutes enough when there's enough trauma to the scalp? I didn't just have those little red spots with a tiny amount of blood, I see little wounds from a distance when I look at myself. Blood spatters I should say.

Hurt like hell but hey, when everybody in here is so damn positive, I'm gonna keep on rolling

Bleed! Some of the old timer rollers and stampers here believe bleeding is a sign of a recovering scalp.

When I rinse my hair after stamping there is definitely blood. But it’s not really bad. It’s no worse than a graze. A recurring self inflicted f*****g graze.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Simply because they are afraid of possible negative consequences and legal suit.

We are using 1.5mm needles because:
- They did like it in 2 studies showing good effectiveness;
- On both studies the scientists state that it's completly harmless.

Those are limited in time studies. I claim that perpetual inflammation the scalp by the nails may not be a good idea long term. The people going 1.5mm too often are nuts IMO. I will nontheless buy a dermapen and start experimenting. HOWEVER it's still not clear to me how you are keeping your scalp away from infections from the wounds.

If there are any remainders of blood how the f*** do you clean it if it's surrounded by hair and I assume you do this after a shower then apply your topical short after.... so? how do you keep scalp + nails away from infections? specially bathrooms are places full of bacteria.

Why not do the dermapening/rolling then take a shower, then dry hair and apply minoxidil/finasteride foam or whatever? there's no way you can leave blood remains on your scalp. However im also worried about lime on the water, entering the wounds.

In any case, the pressing question is: What is the best dermapen on the planet? Derminator, Derminator 2, Dr Pen, other???

Also do I need to use a new cartridge for each session? what is the monthly expenses on this motherfucker? im not only going bald but poor with all these constant expenses from hell

Last edited:

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's true. I don't know. It's too good to be true especially if he used minoxidil in the past without any results. But on the other hand, there's Somebody on this forum with almost the same story... And both are selling something.

He also linked 3 or 4 products (not just the one he uses, and the one he uses is, of course, the most expensive lol ) and all with affiliate links. He certainly has some monetary incentive doing this.

Oh so this is all a f*****g affiliate shitfest. Lol im kms

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are limited in time studies. I claim that perpetual inflammation the scalp by the nails may not be a good idea long term. The people going 1.5mm too often are nuts IMO. I will nontheless buy a dermapen and start experimenting. HOWEVER it's still not clear to me how you are keeping your scalp away from infections from the wounds.

If there are any remainders of blood how the f*** do you clean it if it's surrounded by hair and I assume you do this after a shower then apply your topical short after.... so? how do you keep scalp + nails away from infections? specially bathrooms are places full of bacteria.

Why not do the dermapening/rolling then take a shower, then dry hair and apply minoxidil/finasteride foam or whatever? there's no way you can leave blood remains on your scalp. However im also worried about lime on the water, entering the wounds.

In any case, the pressing question is: What is the best dermapen on the planet? Derminator, Derminator 2, Dr Pen, other???

Also do I need to use a new cartridge for each session? what is the monthly expenses on this motherfucker? im not only going bald but poor with all these constant expenses from hell

You wouldn't go poor if you'd been buying things that actually worked since the beginning.
Also, your concerns over the inflammation and infection are way overblown. You can shower before and after dermaneedling if leaving blood on your scalp worries you so much. There's nothing harmful in tap water (at least where I live). You can disinfect your scalp using betadine beforehand, disinfect the dermapen with a sterilizer or just use new needles every time, in which you won't have to disinfect (dermaneedle cartridges already come gamma-ray sterilized).

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't go poor if you'd been buying things that actually worked since the beginning.
Also, your concerns over the inflammation and infection are way overblown. You can shower before and after dermaneedling if leaving blood on your scalp worries you so much. There's nothing harmful in tap water (at least where I live). You can disinfect your scalp using betadine beforehand, disinfect the dermapen with a sterilizer or just use new needles every time, in which you won't have to disinfect (dermaneedle cartridges already come gamma-ray sterilized).
Lol of course there is risk. I have to mention to you and I know you don't want to hear it but the blood in your face/head is the same blood that travels straight back to your heart. This is human circulation, how the blood travels. If you get a nasty infection in your scalp or face know that that your bloodstream will be carrying that directly to your heart. Is it worth it?

Using a new cartridge per session is too much money and i have been using only things that supposedly work (finasteride, minoxidil.. the basics)

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol of course there is risk. I have to mention to you and I know you don't want to hear it but the blood in your face/head is the same blood that travels straight back to your heart. This is human circulation, how the blood travels. If you get a nasty infection in your scalp or face know that that your bloodstream will be carrying that directly to your heart. Is it worth it?

Using a new cartridge per session is too much money and i have been using only things that supposedly work (finasteride, minoxidil.. the basics)
The point is you won't get an infection if you just follow the most basic hygienic precautions/measures

finasteride/Min are cheap. Minoxidil is like $30 for a six month supply.. Finasteride is like $5 for a two month supply, if you know where to get it ;)

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

Get a Derminator 2 like me.

I use cartridges twice and sterilise them in rubbing alcohol which you can buy at a hardware store.

Q. The last time you grazed your head or face did the blood being pumped to your heart kill you?

If you’re still alive to answer this question obviously not.

If you’ve never grazed yourself anywhere I can understand why you’re being paranoid. It’s because you’re a pussy.

Joking aside... just do it man! The more you procrastinate the more hair you loose.

IF you get an infection goto a doctor. Duh. But I bet you $100 that ain’t going to happen.

If you get a few little crusts / scabs, don’t fret, that isn’t an infection, that’s drying blood with fantastical follicles healing underneath

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get a Derminator 2 like me.

I use cartridges twice and sterilise them in rubbing alcohol which you can buy at a hardware store.

Q. The last time you grazed your head or face did the blood being pumped to your heart kill you?

If you’re still alive to answer this question obviously not.

If you’ve never grazed yourself anywhere I can understand why you’re being paranoid. It’s because you’re a pussy.

Joking aside... just do it man! The more you procrastinate the more hair you loose.

IF you get an infection goto a doctor. Duh. But I bet you $100 that ain’t going to happen.

If you get a few little crusts / scabs, don’t fret, that isn’t an infection, that’s drying blood with fantastical follicles healing underneath

Bro rubbing alcohol doesn't sterilize, only disinfect. Which is fine. Sterilizing is overkill anyway.
Bro so you just put the Derminator cartridge in isopropyl alcohol for a few minutes after using it? I've been trying to clean my cartridges using Chloramine-T and both times I destroyed the cartridge accidentally lmao The silicone fitting thing came loose and once that happens the cartridge is unusable anymore

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro rubbing alcohol doesn't sterilize, only disinfect. Which is fine. Sterilizing is overkill anyway.
Bro so you just put the Derminator cartridge in isopropyl alcohol for a few minutes after using it? I've been trying to clean my cartridges using Chloramine-T and both times I destroyed the cartridge accidentally lmao The silicone fitting thing came loose and once that happens the cartridge is unusable anymore

I stand corrected ‘disinfect’ it is :)

I broke my first one on Friday after my 6th session. It happened because I was aggressively/ rushing trying to dry it.

Usually I just soak the needles themselves by standing the cartridge upright in a jam jar lid and ten drying it with the blow dryer.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stand corrected ‘disinfect’ it is :)

I broke my first one on Friday after my 6th session. It happened because I was aggressively/ rushing trying to dry it.

Usually I just soak the needles themselves by standing the cartridge upright in a jam jar lid and ten drying it with the blow dryer.

I/m definitely going to do that. Soaking the silicone covering destroys it, not even joking