Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Pelimorfo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol I just found a video on Youtube of some guy who got full regrowth with dermarolling 1.5mm and Lipogaine(overpriced minoxidil) FIVE YEARS AGO:
If you read the comments down the video... he says that he has lost all his hair, or almost what he gain... He stop with lipogaine when he saw it doesnt work anymore...
Is not good news... but also not clear what could happen if he had continue

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah from his comments, apparently he los all his hair because he stopped using lipogaine. Most likely he stopped needling as well. Well, his own fault.

RatherLurk

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it should be clear by now that dermarolling on its own is beneficial, but won't regrow a full head of hair. Combined with minoxidil it can produce a decent amount of regrowth.

I think people's expectations are a little overblown, yet at the same time I do think that Dermarolling should be included in the Big 4. It's a great addition, but don't expect miracles.

I would even say that some of the regrowth we have seen isn't necessarily that amazing. I see people refer to the opening post as a full head of hair regrown, which this is not really true. The reality is that regrowing a couple of hundreds of hairs to a thousand provides a very clear visible improvement on heavily balding areas. So it is an amazing improvement for sure. However, someone with like a NW2 or NW3 might get the exact same amount of regrowth and it would barely be an cosmetic improvement. So far we have not seen anyone regrowing a strong hairline with dermarolling. To be fair, we have not seen any method that consistently regrows hairlines, other than a transplant.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it should be clear by now that dermarolling on its own is beneficial, but won't regrow a full head of hair. Combined with minoxidil it can produce a decent amount of regrowth.

I think people's expectations are a little overblown, yet at the same time I do think that Dermarolling should be included in the Big 4. It's a great addition, but don't expect miracles.

I would even say that some of the regrowth we have seen isn't necessarily that amazing. I see people refer to the opening post as a full head of hair regrown, which this is not really true. The reality is that regrowing a couple of hundreds of hairs to a thousand provides a very clear visible improvement on heavily balding areas. So it is an amazing improvement for sure. However, someone with like a NW2 or NW3 might get the exact same amount of regrowth and it would barely be an cosmetic improvement. So far we have not seen anyone regrowing a strong hairline with dermarolling. To be fair, we have not seen any method that consistently regrows hairlines, other than a transplant.

It is amazing considering how he looked before he started and remember, he hasn't even done it for a year. He's still needling and most likely just getting more improvement with time. And yes he's a full head but the density can be improved. Probably will be too with time.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I love how it annihilated the oily skin. Usually it's back within an hour after I wash my hair. No sign of it now +2 hours later. f*** that nasty sh*t.

RatherLurk

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if dermaneedling only gave maintenance, that's incredible. No more poison like fina, etc.

A simple regime giving such great returns is just crazy. Maybe you should temper your expectations too, nothing outside of a full blown tranny regime would give better results than people had like the OP.

It's stupid to compare this to a hair transplant, I thought that would be obvious.

Point is we might have a simple, cheap regime with (probably) no side effects giving maintenance + possible (strong) regrowth is amazing.

To be honest, I think expecting maintenance is already expecting way too much. Although it depends on how you define maintenance I suppose. The process involved with micro needling does not seem to involve anything affecting DHT, so it would only appear to give maintenance, while your hair is still slowly being affected by DHT.

Some people also seem to maintain on minoxidil at first, but then after a few years they claim the minoxidil wasn't effective anymore. There have been multiple threads on this forum throughout the 6 years I have been lurking. The most logical explanation is that minoxidil at first is capable to ofset the negative effects of DHT at first, but the hair in the end is still being affected to such a degree that even minoxidil can not save it.

Also just a reminder, that there a plenty of people who got decent regrowth on minoxidil or fina alone. There have been a ton of people posting succes stories with pictures on this forum and on tressless.

We have yet to see amazing results from dermarolling without minoxidil. And minoxidil certainly comes with sides for a lot of people (me included sadly enough).

Again, I still think microneedling is a really good addition for everyones regiment. I think it definitely works on its own, just not to the degree people are hoping for.

Edit: For clarification: I have been using a dermapen for a few months now and will keep it in my regiment.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest, I think expecting maintenance is already expecting way too much. Although it depends on how you define maintenance I suppose. The process involved with micro needling does not seem to involve anything affecting DHT, so it would only appear to give maintenance, while your hair is still slowly being affected by DHT.

Some people also seem to maintain on minoxidil at first, but then after a few years they claim the minoxidil wasn't effective anymore. There have been multiple threads on this forum throughout the 6 years I have been lurking. The most logical explanation is that minoxidil at first is capable to ofset the negative effects of DHT at first, but the hair in the end is still being affected to such a degree that even minoxidil can not save it.

Also just a reminder, that there a plenty of people who got decent regrowth on minoxidil or fina alone. There have been a ton of people posting succes stories with pictures on this forum and on tressless.

We have yet to see amazing results from dermarolling without minoxidil. And minoxidil certainly comes with sides for a lot of people (me included sadly enough).

Again, I still think microneedling is a really good addition for everyones regiment. I think it definitely works on its own, just not to the degree people are hoping for.
Hey papi.
You claim we have yet to see amazing results doing needling without Minoxidil. Well, maybe I'm not included in those "we", so this comes across as a bit silly... But I've seen them.
And not one, nope. Two isn't quite there either, but caliente, caliente! THREE is the number of good results AND maintenance for years I've seen without Minoxidil in this forum. I ain't counting anecdotal experiences or Tressless, but there's more.
I'm talking about restoring a Norwood or two.
But I see where you're coming from and I agree. Gotta keep those feet on the ground.
Man, at this rate I'm gonna end up dreaming about 2young, Kitedude and ThinningConfidence.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

finasteride, Min, and derma can regrow hairlines. I've seen multiple results

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
hmm i saw no improvement but deterioration on finasteride so i switched to dutasteride.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you want this thread to be closed again? Last time it was closed because of these pictures.
Yes, but the pictures that were posted were of scalps that were turned to ground beef. Very different from what’s happening here

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the most famous dermatologists and respected in my country (Spain) announced this in his blog.

Another emerging physical therapy is the use of microneedling in androgenic alopecia. The realization of microperforations in the scalp produces an activation of the Wnt-beta-catenin pathway and allows to stimulate the thickening of the miniaturized follicles. Probably we will be increasing the use of both therapies in patients with androgenic alopecia, as a complement to the classic therapies.

http://sergiovano.blogspot.com/

Attachments

• vaño.png
    vaño.png
    365.1 KB · Views: 286

HairForceOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response man, appreciate it. Minoxidil only worked well for you for 6 years? I ask because I’m thinking of getting on minoxidil first and then adding dermarolling later. Cheers.

I think minoxidil has worked pretty well for me during past 6 years. Left photo is taken in 2012 and right photo one month ago. Also texture of hair has improved and my hair is quite a darker nowadays. I use Rogaine Foam once a day and nizoral cream once a week or two, or whenever I feel that MBP itch.

Attachments

• 35E2EC4D-C9CF-4302-97AD-2BB41A558913.jpeg
    35E2EC4D-C9CF-4302-97AD-2BB41A558913.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 462

vika

Reaction score
Quik question. I tried googling this forum but couldnt find it.
How many needles to people use with the dr pen ultima? With the pen i got catridges that have 12, 36, 42 and nano needles.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quik question. I tried googling this forum but couldnt find it.
How many needles to people use with the dr pen ultima? With the pen i got catridges that have 12, 36, 42 and nano needles.
Oh, dude. That's one I should add. People go for 12 needle cartridges, mostly.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really cant tell if it has made a difference yet, approx 5 weeks in. Hair feels a bit healthier and less dry, cant see any changes on the temples. Crown may be a bit better but its so hard to tell because its hard to get the lighting just the same and also my hair is currently longer than it was in older photos.

Pic prior to starting:

View attachment 108746

Taken today:

View attachment 108745
View attachment 108744
Different lightning on the pics and the hair is combed forward in the 1st and to the side in the last. So it’s really hard to tell.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To those who are negative about this or think if it does not work magic in 3-6 months it probably won't work. I have tried this method three times and quit three times only to regret it. This time I'm not quitting more matter what and I've made a commitment for 1.5 years.

I've experienced the same f*****g cycle every single time. Great regrowth of so called vellus hair which was just thin dark hair regrowing. Vellus hair does not grow above a certain length. I experienced increased density and because I'm a diffuse thinner I could not gauge my progress properly and thought I was losing hair. I then quit dermarolling and subsequently minoxidil but stayed on finasteride and every single time it led to a big shed and return to baseline and be getting angry at myself for dropping it. Every f*****g TIme!

Do not stop early because it's the worst f*****g mistake. Hair cycles take a long *** time and it is just plain f*****g daft to stop this treatment. The only way to approach this is to think that you have nothing to lose and possibly everything to gain.

Stop posting that you aren't having results in just 8 weeks because we are all different and some have to face a uphill battle to gain their hair back. But some regrow so fast it's crazy but this does not mean it's not working for you unless you have done it for 18-24 months. Just make a commitment and forget about your hair in the meantime. If you are still a non-believer after seeing results after results just tell yourself that you going to try this for a couple of years and in the mean time save for a hair transplant. If it works for you then you have a nice savings account. If it doesn't then you really don't have any other option but to "shave it":confused: or get a transplant.

But doing this you have nothing to lose at all. NOTHING!
If negative posts here affect your motivation then stop coming here and just come back to post results after a long time.

It takes years for healthy terminal hair to become sickly vellus hair.
So it's only obvious... you may get lots of vellus by dermarolling, but actually getting them to become terminal will require TIME!

Tbh you guys should just dermaroll and forget about your hair.
Think of it like cleaning your teeth.

Results will come, just keep rolling in the meantime.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To those who are negative about this or think if it does not work magic in 3-6 months it probably won't work. I have tried this method three times and quit three times only to regret it. This time I'm not quitting more matter what and I've made a commitment for 1.5 years.

I've experienced the same f*****g cycle every single time. Great regrowth of so called vellus hair which was just thin dark hair regrowing. Vellus hair does not grow above a certain length. I experienced increased density and because I'm a diffuse thinner I could not gauge my progress properly and thought I was losing hair. I then quit dermarolling and subsequently minoxidil but stayed on finasteride and every single time it led to a big shed and return to baseline and be getting angry at myself for dropping it. Every f*****g TIme!

Do not stop early because it's the worst f*****g mistake. Hair cycles take a long *** time and it is just plain f*****g daft to stop this treatment. The only way to approach this is to think that you have nothing to lose and possibly everything to gain.

Stop posting that you aren't having results in just 8 weeks because we are all different and some have to face a uphill battle to gain their hair back. But some regrow so fast it's crazy but this does not mean it's not working for you unless you have done it for 18-24 months. Just make a commitment and forget about your hair in the meantime. If you are still a non-believer after seeing results after results just tell yourself that you going to try this for a couple of years and in the mean time save for a hair transplant. If it works for you then you have a nice savings account. If it doesn't then you really don't have any other option but to "shave it":confused: or get a transplant.

If negative posts here affect your motivation then stop coming here and just come back to post results after a long time.
It takes years for healthy terminal hair to become sickly vellus hair.
So it's only obvious... you may get lots of vellus by dermarolling, but actually getting them to become terminal will require TIME!

Tbh you guys should just dermaroll and forget about your hair.
Think of it like cleaning your teeth.

Results will come, just keep rolling in the meantime.

Amen. Endure those 10-15 minutes of pain once a week or 2 times a month. It's all it takes.
Not even that, since you have the option of using numbing cream.
Focus on having a proper session and don't look for results too often, so you don't get frustrated. Think of it as you think of exercising. You ain't gonna be looking for muscle growth every single month, now would ya? This is the same. Takes a long *** time, so try not to pay too much attention to it.

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just curious, did you have any positive signs on the scalp wit needling? E.g. scalp feeling more alive, more sensitive, less inflammed, etc.
Nope, unfortunately none.

Can you give us timeframes for how long you tried in the previous attempts, and your regimen?
Like: Needle length, minoxidil applied or not, derma roller or derma pen, rolled/penned how often, duration of your experiment, etc.