Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anywhere else to buy the derminator, the admin blocked my order the other night after my interaction with the ceo few weeks back.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. Most people seem to say that you shouldn’t be applying minoxidil right after rolling. But this seems very interesting indeed.

Is this a blind experiment you did, or did you read about and decide about the minoxidil application?
I tested it the first time and felt no negative sides, so continued doing it.

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol what happened?
Mentioned a few pages back i posted the interaction, essentially she is autistic and said since i couldn't figure out how to buy it she doubts i could read the instructions ( i emailed inquiring how to purchase as i was trying on my work comp to purchase which is us based so i kept getting the page saying we do not ship to europe), i know autistic people but i think she is using that to as an excuse to insult anybody- was kinda funny though. If anybody here was from ireland or uk i would paypal them the money first to buy and then forward to me.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick status update: I've now been using a 1.5 mm dermaroller for about 3.5 months. Initially I needled every week but recently switched to every 10 days. I also use rosemary oil and around 10 min head massage daily. I only use the roller on my frontal region.

There hasn't been much progress. Some hairs that have been miniaturizing are growing a bit longer and thicker again. Some barely visible vellus hair started to grow around the temples. Some overall thickening of existing hair, but so far nothing cosmetically significant.

This just goes to show that without minoxidil, things can potentially take a lot longer. Also, I suppose that needling at 2.0 mm would be more effective.

I'll keep going and probably upgrade to a 2.0 mm stamp soon. If my finances allow it, I might also go for the Derminator.
Ahh noo :(

I'm coming up top 2 months of stamping and so far no cosmetic results. Velus and uncolored hairs I'd dare say there is an improvement, but you can't see them without looking very closely. I didn't really look for them before but there is quite a lot of them honestly... Only thing I know for sure is that there is a big reduction of shedding. Tempted to do this for 6 months (as well as the other stuff I'm doing) before I tempt the plight of topicals and/or minoxidil again.

It really does feel like it's doing something when I stamp but it's not showing too much yet. Coming months will tell.

Last edited:

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you clalriy the 6 passes thing? are you saying do two of each, 6 times. Or just two of each and thats it?

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mentioned a few pages back i posted the interaction, essentially she is autistic and said since i couldn't figure out how to buy it she doubts i could read the instructions ( i emailed inquiring how to purchase as i was trying on my work comp to purchase which is us based so i kept getting the page saying we do not ship to europe), i know autistic people but i think she is using that to as an excuse to insult anybody- was kinda funny though. If anybody here was from ireland or uk i would paypal them the money first to buy and then forward to me.

I’ve heard a few of these complaints about them, they were polite enough with me though.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About the people not getting results with minoxidil. In the one study every 2 weeks people did get results but it took up to 24 weeks. Cosmetically the results were a little better than just minoxidil on its own.

I still view that as a good thing. Obviously with minoxidil people get results but then they fade. I don't see that with microneedling. If you can get similar results with minoxidil and then can keep compounding on that every couple months thats a huge win. Just may take more time.

I believe the couple guys that needled alone did get results, but it took to the 6-12 month mark to see the huge jumps they were seeing.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• 1A41C1B4-2A78-44CC-80A0-CB4494484972.png
    1A41C1B4-2A78-44CC-80A0-CB4494484972.png
    307.7 KB · Views: 543

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm coming up top 2 months of stamping and so far no cosmetic results. Velus and uncolored hairs I'd dare say there is an improvement, but you can't see them without looking very closely. I didn't really look for them before but there is quite a lot of them honestly... Only thing I know for sure is that there is a big reduction of shedding. Tempted to do this for 6 months (as well as the other stuff I'm doing) before I tempt the plight of topicals and/or minoxidil again.

It really does feel like it's doing something when I stamp but it's not showing too much yet. Coming months will tell.
Like I said, it’s probably more to do with the minoxidil than the dermapen! Personally speaking the micro needling on its own won’t do anything. OP was using minoxidil and the pen just enhanced those results. He also uses/used hair fibers. To provide those kinda pictures from “start to finish” wouldn’t be that hard on a diffuse head of hair.You can see at the end pics he just went to town with the fibers. He talked about setting up an online shop! Hmmm kinda makes sense now.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I said, it’s probably more to do with the minoxidil than the dermapen! Personally speaking the micro needling on its own won’t do anything. OP was using minoxidil and the pen just enhanced those results. He also uses/used hair fibers. To provide those kinda pictures from “start to finish” wouldn’t be that hard on a diffuse head of hair.You can see at the end pics he just went to town with the fibers. He talked about setting up an online shop! Hmmm kinda makes sense now.
There are not one, not two, not even three, but four studies showing that needling alone does indeed something. And that's if I casually forget about all the anecdotal evidence or the documented experiences of some users here...
I'm afraid that whether he's using those fibers or not doesn't change this.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are not one, not two, not even three, but four studies showing that needling alone does indeed something. And that's if I casually forget about all the anecdotal evidence or the documented experiences of some users here...

Agreed 1000%. Theres that link in this thread that shows several guys getting very good results. There are the studies which alot of people have gotten results, as well as reddit users and anecdotes from people on here. I can personally vouch as well. Its not like its 2 people.

In the one study derma rolling plus minoxidil got more hair in a shorter period of time yes, however derma rolling alone did work. I believe there were at least a couple examples on here of guys that did long term derma rolling and not only got results but maintained.

I don't mean this negatively toward anyone, but as for the original poster wanting to "set up an online shop". I'm of the mindset why not make money off of it? In today's day in age if he doesn't do it someone else will throw up and site and do it. Why not take advantage of it. If my hair continues to go where its going i would happily make a donation toward his site.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m replying to what J0ker and Leunam said. Believe me there is plenty of studies out there that “do something” for hair growth but never materialise.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m replying to what J0ker and Leunam said. Believe me there is plenty of studies out there that “do something” for hair growth but never materialise.
I know. But we have enough evidence to think this is not the case with microneedling.
Your ‘microneedling vs microneedling + minoxidil’ study is actually a minoxidil vs microneedling + minoxidil study.
Must've mixed it with "Microneedling vs Minoxidil vs Microneedling + Minoxidil".

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I agree.... however keep in mind even the original poster and the guys that got pretty good results. They started seeing there positive results around 2-3 months. Maybe people without minoxidil just need more time to respond. Maybe its 12 months, maybe its 18, who knows.

Also i'd like to note.... again there are variables. Were still all in the experimental stage. Maybe topicals only are needed to promote growth and can be dropped later. There is just so much we don't know.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

That’s not true either.

The reports above are saying that non min folk had better results. Maybe I just don’t know what ‘better’ means.

@Bill_Russo thoughts?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s not true either.

The reports above are saying that non min folk had better results. Maybe I just don’t know what ‘better’ means.

@Bill_Russo thoughts?
Non Minoxidil folk had better results, as in, better than those who wound with Minoxidil?
Microneedling by itself showed better regrowth than Minoxidil alone. However, the combination of both showed far superior regrowth.
This does not mean that you can't achieve fantastic results without Minoxidil. There are three documented cases: one did extreme wounding, the other did it for a long *** time and the last one used fish oil, massages and I think some vitamins too. It's just hard to know what caused them. Was it the extreme wounding? Was it doing it for a long *** time? Was it the help of the fish oil, the massages and the vitamins?
One thing is clear though: one way or the other, sticking to it appears to give results, as every long timer has reported them.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Except in some of those pictures his hair was wet. He’s not using those fibers on wet hair without them clumping up. Even though they are sitting on his counter, doesn’t mean he has them in at that moment. For sure he may sprinkle some in when he goes out, but I would give him the benefit of the doubt at this point. Time will tell for all of us.

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hair-Genetics-Keratin-Hair-Building-fibres-22g-Refill-Pack-Professional-Quality/112359022584?_trkparms=gclientid=HvfrXUm_XYtlivk0eJECQsakd0ktNsHMjnXl_rKwV_qWOl0nV_dkcFwEQ_6h--nU&_trksid=p2489528.m4651.l8656 I knew I spotted those hair fibers somehere! I’m not saying he hasn’t got some improvement but there’s definitely some fibers in those headshots! minoxidil prob done most of the work!

When using capillary fibers, many of these adhere to the scalp. if we observe in these photos it is clearly demonstrated that it does not have fibers. In the video it is clearly observed that he wears a white glove in one hand, I could observe carefully that the glove does not stain the fibers. The only way for some to believe it is to make a new video and rub your head with a white glove and then show it.

I'm also going to start with "dermapen" and "minoxidil" and I also plan to use fibers ... it does not show that I take pictures with them on, I do not know if you understand me ..

Attachments

• IMG_20180608_153303.jpg
    IMG_20180608_153303.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 431
  • MOJA 2.jpg
    MOJA 2.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 404
  • MOJA1.jpg
    MOJA1.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 408
  • Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg