Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead, @74775446:

Needling with an electric wireless pen (by TBPHP, the one a lot of others are using) at 1.75 mm. 1.5 mm I barely felt, 2.0 mm hurts like a mofo, so sticking to 1.75 mm.

Took photos, no change can be seen in these either.

Edit: Noteworthy addition: I'm only needling the temples, the front, and a bit beyond and below the hairline in the front and temples (like 2 cm). Not needling the whole scalp.

I know i read back that one theory of why we can get regrowth is cell migration with the wounding process. Maybe doing more of your scalp would help? You could also very well have small vellus hairs you can barely see in certain areas. Legit i have some in areas i can only see under certain lighting conditions but they weren't there before. Still you gotta give it more time possibly.

Do you notice any small blood spots, or at least redness? My temples are responding the best, and i think its no coincidence that those regions are also where i go the hardest. I'll notice small pin pricks of blood, but one wipe of a tissue and they're not bleeding anymore. My temples (especially the right side which is / was the worst) have a good amount of terminal hair where my original hairline used to be, and a lot of new small dark hairs popping up constantly. It looks weird, like i shaved off sections of my hairline and theyre growing back but shorter than my regular hair length. Basically what I'm saying is, in my experience, the areas which you needle the most / hardest respond faster. Just dont needle until you notice blood pooling on your scalp. Just very verrrrry small spots of it.

Same.... Last time i moved up to 1.75. I went over every region a good 6 times or so. I def had blood spots all over, but nothing crazy. But am def seeing results in those areas as well. Thats why i think if we get good results we'd be able to maintain with 1-2 in depth wounding sessions per month. I think the Science is there, everyone just has to find what works best for them in terms of variables.

Baltimore1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, buddy. I'm needling every 2 weeks so, unless it takes longer than that, then no problem!

I ordered my first dermapen from Wish. After one month I received very nice (but useless) LED light instead. Something to consider if you gonna wait for it for one month. Maybe just in case, order some spare from Amazon.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered my first dermapen from Wish. After one month I received very nice (but useless) LED light instead. Something to consider if you gonna wait for it for one month. Maybe just in case, order some spare from Amazon.
Go ravens

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you notice any small blood spots, or at least redness? My temples are responding the best, and i think its no coincidence that those regions are also where i go the hardest. I'll notice small pin pricks of blood, but one wipe of a tissue and they're not bleeding anymore. My temples (especially the right side which is / was the worst) have a good amount of terminal hair where my original hairline used to be, and a lot of new small dark hairs popping up constantly. It looks weird, like i shaved off sections of my hairline and theyre growing back but shorter than my regular hair length. Basically what I'm saying is, in my experience, the areas which you needle the most / hardest respond faster. Just dont needle until you notice blood pooling on your scalp. Just very verrrrry small spots of it.
Yeah, lots of blood spots all over the rolled areas. Once I rolled as heavily as 2young2retire did (you know, of which he posted photos after which got DRing banned here back in the day), but usually just a few blood spots all over the treated areas. I wash off the blood only the next day in the morning (usually I roll at night). Redness usually stays for 48 up to 72 hours which sucks at work. Have already been asked about it.

I know i read back that one theory of why we can get regrowth is cell migration with the wounding process. Maybe doing more of your scalp would help? You could also very well have small vellus hairs you can barely see in certain areas. Legit i have some in areas i can only see under certain lighting conditions but they weren't there before. Still you gotta give it more time possibly.
Yeah, been wondering about this too. Don't think though that cells migrate all over the scalp. If they do it's only from directly adjacent areas which is the reason why I also roll/pen 2 cm into my hairline.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, lots of blood spots all over the rolled areas. Once I rolled as heavily as 2young2retire did (you know, of which he posted photos after which got DRing banned here back in the day), but usually just a few blood spots all over the treated areas. I wash off the blood only the next day in the morning (usually I roll at night). Redness usually stays for 48 up to 72 hours which sucks at work. Have already been asked about it.

Yeah, been wondering about this too. Don't think though that cells migrate all over the scalp. If they do it's only from directly adjacent areas which is the reason why I also roll/pen 2 cm into my hairline.
If those areas have been bald for a few years it will take longer to work. Just stick to it man

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is the song you have to play while you're deramrolling to get through the pain:

Just read your comment about no results so far for 2.5 months. I should remind you that we know of at least 3 instances of users who didn't get regrowth in the short term (one of them, Prettyfly, wasn't getting anything as far as the 1 year mark), but they sticked to it and started to see progress late. The other two (can't remember their exact usernames) oonly saw results at 9 months. Keeping those stories into account, I'd say we should commit to do this for at least a year before claiming with certainty that we are non-responders.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get those people who think that microneedling could cause infections or cancer. I have purulent acne on the back of my head, on my back and on my face right now. It happens once a month and stays for a week. I had it for years. This sh*t happened colonised my whole scalp when I was balding. Nizoral is now helping a lot but certainly not making this disapearing. Will I get cancer for this acne ? :eek: Will I get meningitis because of the purulent pimples I burst ? :confused:

I don't even bleed with my dermapen and the sterile needles only go to the dermis. I only do it once a week. The micro holes close after 60 minutes. I apply alcohol before and after. If microneedling creates damage, then acne should create even more since it stays for days, it's full of bacterias, it's purulent and go through the skin. C'est logique !

ouais j'crois

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my temples are getting more DENSE wtf:

VUcsFG5.png

now:
BLzp4Fm.png

giphy.gif

This thread literally saved my life. I was at the end of the road.. about to throw in the towel.. minoxidil didn't work for after three months a year before... seven months on finasteride, felt castrated lmao...
giphy.gif

then I saw the pics on here from the Reddit thread and I started experiencing HOPE again, in the bottom of my heart I felt it surging forward. I knew immeditaely what I had to do..

So I bought more min liquid and ordered a dermaroller and the Derminator and started... at then end of the line on the brink of despair... and then the hairs began to appear....

giphy.gif

this thread single handedly saved my life.

Bryan-Cranston-Crying.gif

Last edited:

Scalp_tenderizer

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been dermarolling for about 2 months now following the procedures from Dhurat et al. Here are my pics:

photos.app.goo.gl/ZRfaNaPZmUGS9hAA8

I am not sure how much of my progress is due to normal growth and how much due to dermarolling. I had to shave my hair because of an accident. I hadn't realized how much of my hair had miniaturized until then. My doctor suspects it might be a combination of Androgenic Alopecia and Telogen Effluvium.

The first picture has a lot of toppik in it. But if you zoom in on the later pictures you can see very small but thick hair growing. I don't know whether they will grow to full length as of now.

Last edited:

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been dermarolling for about 2 months now. Here are my pics:

photos.app.goo.gl/ZRfaNaPZmUGS9hAA8

I am not sure how much of my progress is due to normal growth and how much due to dermarolling. I had to shave my hair because of an accident. I hadn't realized how much of my hair had miniaturized until then. My doctor suspects it might be a combination of Androgenic Alopecia and Telogen Effluvium.

The first picture has a lot of toppik in it. But if you zoom in on the later pictures you can see very small but thick hair growing. I don't know whether they will grow to full length as of now.

dhMeAzK.gif

Amazing. Post this sh*t on Reddit tressless. Those idiots are still asking what a dermaroller is lol
200.gif

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead, @74775446:

Needling with an electric wireless pen (by TBPHP, the one a lot of others are using) at 1.75 mm. 1.5 mm I barely felt, 2.0 mm hurts like a mofo, so sticking to 1.75 mm.

Took photos, no change can be seen in these either.

Edit: Noteworthy addition: I'm only needling the temples, the front, and a bit beyond and below the hairline in the front and temples (like 2 cm). Not needling the whole scalp.
Just curious, did you have any positive signs on the scalp wit needling? E.g. scalp feeling more alive, more sensitive, less inflammed, etc.

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to throw my hat in the ring.. been dermarolling for around a week. Ive been doing once every 3 days. So 3 sessions so far. I know it sounds unbelievable but i think im already seeing signs of new/thicker hair growth? This is the temple region.

I haven't done a full scalp session because i find it hard to penetrate throught the denser hair.

Things to note:

-this is in conjunction with oral minoxidil (been on for almost 2 years before with declining results)
-blood is appearing with rolling more and more. I dont think im rolling harder or longer. Maybe this indicates angiogenesis. I have prominent veins near my temple region and they pulsate massively 5 minutes after rolling

Whatabouthoes

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I’ve been doing it for maybe 3 weeks now every Thursday and got some blood today with a standard roller. Gonna upgrade to a dermapen in payday but I still have so many questions in regards to this..

Is there a strict way to roll that’ll improve results? My scalp is inflamed and hurts a bit but not for days like some are reporting. Am I not going hard enough even though I shed blood today?

HairOnTheEdge

My Regimen
Reaction score
for me yes it does provide great results, im nw1 diffuse thinning. I will update with pictures on this thread in 3,6,12 months

my regimen :

1- dermaroller 1.5mm rolling every 10-14 days

2- topical quick massage application every 24-48hrs : (pumpkin seed oil as carrier oil + couple drops of peppermint essential oil + couple drops of rosemary oil. leave it overnight with a durag on your head to protect pillow. Rinse or wash with warm water in the morning to wake up/clean your oily scalp.

(warning, this adectoal evidence so do your own research)
pumpkin seeds blocks dht, peppermint essential oil stimulates blood circulation, and rosemary essential oil blocks dht + improves blood circulation..

1.5mm needles/1.5mm dermaroller reverses fibrosis + stimulates stemcells

How long are going for with this? In six months if I don't see anything from needling alone I'm going to hit you up for your results. If you have something going on then I'll start using those oils too.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used 96% alcohol. I will die.

Use this. That’s what I use.

I pour a bit into an egg cup and soak the cartridge in it for 5 mins. Rinse it in water. Blow dry it it dry. Done. I do this after use and before 2nd use. I throw it away after second use.

Attachments

• 5164E715-C76B-48EC-84A5-D5D0AADFA468.jpeg
    5164E715-C76B-48EC-84A5-D5D0AADFA468.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 362

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just go to a top hospital in developing country

That is great to hear because my sides have become thin too which really sucks because it just looks weird unless you get an undercut. Do you needle your sides or apply minoxidil to it?

I haven't done that yet or even tried it.
I needle my entire head except for back: hairline, crown, both sides, front

also my eyebrows lmao