Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
I started minoxidil on the same day I started using the dermapen (March 2018). I had used minoxidil for 2 years before but stopped because I was a non-responder. It's impossible for me to say if minoxidil is doing everything or nothing.

Are you still only applying 1 ml of minoxidil twice a day? If so, how do you cover your whole scalp with just 1 ml?

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers for replying i Been using my one on medium because 2.0mm fast seems scary ripping up skin. but your hair seems undamaged by it at 1.5mm fast mode so i may brave it next time i been doing 3 or 4 passes on medium you doing one pass on fast?
Generally I just keep needling until I get uniform erythema all over

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to use the lowest speed setting because my dr.pen ultima a6 broke. Dunno if i should bother ordering another one. I feel like at the slowest speed settings it gets caught in your skin more.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to use the lowest speed setting because my dr.pen ultima a6 broke. Dunno if i should bother ordering another one. I feel like at the slowest speed settings it gets caught in your skin more.

should have gotten a derminator :eek:
i have no faith in those repackaged Chinese tattoo pens

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if its been asked but do you change cartridge every time. Going to get derminator but is it the 12 needle cartridge you use?
Yeah, I am waiting for 5 new 12 needle cartridges to arrive. I tried cleaning the cartridges I had but accidentally destroyed them by leaving them in the Chloramine too long (it ruins the silicone membrane and loosens it). I've used 12 needle and 9 needle. They both work fine.

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers I will order 10 12 needle cartridge s too when I get somebody to buy it. The admin blocked my order last night after our disagreement lol.

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was pretty busy this week so I didn't read the last pages. Sorry for this. I will just post an update for my case.

My current situation after 5 sessions:

Hairline: gaining even more ground;
Frontal area: a lot more density;
Mid scalp: more density;
Traction allopecia on the back of my head: a lot more density;
Huge holes on my two vertex (slick area as large as 10cmx12cm): growing back.

Overall: a lot darker, a lot more volume, hair a lot thicker, lots of little hair stinging when I put my hands in my hair.

I will wait 4 weeks from now and I will publish my before/after photos. I'm waiting for the hair on the crown to grow more to post my photos. My results are just crazy and it's just the beginning. I'm trying to avoid the hype, but those new hair are not helping at all. There are lots and lots of little hair (true hair, not vellus) upon the crown (which is new).

For those who don't know, here is my treatment:
- Microneedling session once a week / 1.5 mm for 10 min, then 2 mm for 30 min / Device: Dr Pen A6. Ultima ;
- Minoxidil twice a day / 1ml (I put more, I used two bottles in one month, so I should say 2ml) / Minoxidil 5% liquid from Foligain ;
- Minoxidil applied 6 hours before microneedling and 6 hours after (I'm not waiting 24 hours like in the 2 studies);
- Nizoral 2 to 3 times a week;
- No hairloss treatment before this.

Side effects:
- Had a hard time with Minoxidil in the 3/4 first weeks (mainly headaches);
- Side effects from Minoxidil disapeared after week 4;
- Microneedling is more painful now (can be unbearable at the beginning of the session, even with a numbing cream);
- Microneedling comes with huge headaches.

Conclusion:
Not sure. Results could be attributed to Minoxidil. Perhaps I'm a good responder. But the fact that I'm not only regrowing hair on the crown, but also on my former hairline, makes me think that it's the combination of both microneedling and minoxidil that makes it very effective.
Let's hope your progress is more due to needling

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even though I'm having a little cold, I did my second session today. I hope I will be fine and don't get an infection. Didn't hurt so bad like the first time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190103-191041.jpg
    Screenshot_20190103-191041.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 364

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to say that I am very jealous of those with results.

2.5 months in and still not a single additional hair in sight, not even vellus. Slick bald areas show no change.

Gotta add though that I was using minoxidil already for a long time before and it didn't give any additional regrowth anymore. In fact, my hairline and temples have continued to recede even more, even when on minoxidil. I was hoping that maybe dermarolling (with a pen) would grant me another boost, but alas nothing as of yet.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think bacterial meningitis is a thing with microneedling? I read that small wounds in the skin can lead to meningitis and that's a deadly disease.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

2.5 months in and still not a single additional hair in sight, not even vellus. Slick bald areas show no change.

Gotta add though that I was using minoxidil already for a long time before and it didn't give any additional regrowth anymore. In fact, my hairline and temples have continued to recede even more, even when on minoxidil. I was hoping that maybe dermarolling (with a pen) would grant me another boost, but alas nothing as of yet.
I'm jealous of the results here as well. Three months in and no real cosmetic results

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If minoxidil and needling is not enough. You may need to add something like morr F that has finasterdine in it. That combination of all 3 plus nizoral i dont think their is any regime stronger and safer out their as its all topical

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Are you doing it at 1.5 mm? Maybe try 2 mm and see if there's a change.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was pretty busy this week so I didn't read the last pages. Sorry for this. I will just post an update for my case.

My current situation after 5 sessions:

Hairline: gaining even more ground;
Frontal area: a lot more density;
Mid scalp: more density;
Traction allopecia on the back of my head: a lot more density;
Huge holes on my two vertex (slick area as large as 10cmx12cm): growing back.

Overall: a lot darker, a lot more volume, hair a lot thicker, lots of little hair stinging when I put my hands in my hair.

I will wait 4 weeks from now and I will publish my before/after photos. I'm waiting for the hair on the crown to grow more to post my photos. My results are just crazy and it's just the beginning. I'm trying to avoid the hype, but those new hair are not helping at all. There are lots and lots of little hair (true hair, not vellus) upon the crown (which is new).

For those who don't know, here is my treatment:
- Microneedling session once a week / 1.5 mm for 10 min, then 2 mm for 30 min / Device: Dr Pen A6. Ultima ;
- Minoxidil twice a day / 1ml (I put more, I used two bottles in one month, so I should say 2ml) / Minoxidil 5% liquid from Foligain ;
- Minoxidil applied 6 hours before microneedling and 6 hours after (I'm not waiting 24 hours like in the 2 studies);
- Nizoral 2 to 3 times a week;
- No hairloss treatment before this.

Side effects:
- Had a hard time with Minoxidil in the 3/4 first weeks (mainly headaches);
- Side effects from Minoxidil disapeared after week 4;
- Microneedling is more painful now (can be unbearable at the beginning of the session, even with a numbing cream);
- Microneedling comes with huge headaches.

Conclusion:
Not sure. Results could be attributed to Minoxidil. Perhaps I'm a good responder. But the fact that I'm not only regrowing hair on the crown, but also on my former hairline, makes me think that it's the combination of both microneedling and minoxidil that makes it very effective.
That's great, man. Congrats! Sounds really exciting. Can't wait to see those pics.
And I do think it is the combination of both.
Do you guys think bacterial meningitis is a thing with microneedling? I read that small wounds in the skin can lead to meningitis and that's a deadly disease.
Never heard of it before. I'd say; if it is a thing, then it has to be very, very rare.
Also, careful with needling while you're sick. Might be a better idea to just skip the session, as waiting a little longer between sessions doesn't make a real impact. Take care, dude.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Check wish.com - delivery can take a while but I bet it's cheap.
Thanks, buddy. I'm needling every 2 weeks so, unless it takes longer than that, then no problem!

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's great, man. Congrats! Sounds really exciting. Can't wait to see those pics.
And I do think it is the combination of both.

Never heard of it before. I'd say; if it is a thing, then it has to be very, very rare.
Also, careful with needling while you're sick. Might be a better idea to just skip the session, as waiting a little longer between sessions doesn't make a real impact. Take care, dude.

The problem is, I'm a little bit sick (have a little cold) and I had my session today. I'm a little bit afraid now .