Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is, I'm a little bit sick (have a little cold) and I had my session today. I'm a little bit afraid now .
I've done 2 sessions while really sick. I was fine. Honestly I think a lot of people are overthinking this. Its a safe and effective procedure IF you sterilize your equipment properly. Just wash your scalp, clean your equipment, and you'll be fine.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to say that I am very jealous of those with results.

2.5 months in and still not a single additional hair in sight, not even vellus. Slick bald areas show no change.

Gotta add though that I was using minoxidil already for a long time before and it didn't give any additional regrowth anymore. In fact, my hairline and temples have continued to recede even more, even when on minoxidil. I was hoping that maybe dermarolling (with a pen) would grant me another boost, but alas nothing as of yet.
Sorry if you already mentioned this, but are you using a pen or a roller? And are you using a needle depth of 1.5mm or higher? because those variables can definitely affect your results

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've done 2 sessions while really sick. I was fine. Honestly I think a lot of people are overthinking this. Its a safe and effective procedure IF you sterilize your equipment properly. Just wash your scalp, clean your equipment, and you'll be fine.

Thank you very mich, I feel much better now. :)

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to use microneedling if you are ill? Because the immune system is already weakened.
I have an infection [edit: not from needling] and a fever and I suspended needling sessions until I recover

Last edited:

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead, @74775446:

Needling with an electric wireless pen (by TBPHP, the one a lot of others are using) at 1.75 mm. 1.5 mm I barely felt, 2.0 mm hurts like a mofo, so sticking to 1.75 mm.

Took photos, no change can be seen in these either.

Edit: Noteworthy addition: I'm only needling the temples, the front, and a bit beyond and below the hairline in the front and temples (like 2 cm). Not needling the whole scalp.

Last edited:

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys think bacterial meningitis is a thing with microneedling? I read that small wounds in the skin can lead to meningitis and that's a deadly disease.
1) Where did you read it?
2) Use single use cartridges
3) Use something like Betadin.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Infection from needling?

You can read it if you google meningitis. But dermarolling is of corse not mentioned.

I used the cartridge the second time today, but it was in 96% alcohol the whole time. But now I read that you need to mix alcohol with water to get a desinfection effect?

Only used cold water after the treatment.

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Have you been taking photos? Are you 100% certain that literally nothing has happened?

My hair continued to get worse when I used minoxidil but microneedling has worked for me.
My hair has gotten alit worse since I gave up finasteride 2 years ago and started MINIX. This dermaneedling and trinov last throw of the dice before head shave time.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can read it if you google meningitis. But dermarolling is of corse not mentioned.

I used the cartridge the second time today, but it was in 96% alcohol the whole time. But now I read that you need to mix alcohol with water to get a desinfection effect?

Only used cold water after the treatment.
I read somewhere that you need 70-75% alcohol to disinfect and that 90+ % is not as good.

R_gesus

Reaction score
This may have been discussed before in this thread, but has anyone else noticed less greasy/oily hair? I skipped a shower today, and my hair doesn’t look as limp and greasy as it usually does. I’ve been needling at 1.75 mm for a little over 2 months.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This may have been discussed before in this thread, but has anyone else noticed less greasy/oily hair? I skipped a shower today, and my hair doesn’t look as limp and greasy as it usually does. I’ve been needling at 1.75 mm for a little over 2 months.
Yes indeed, my friend. Needling kills the f*****g sh*t out of the excessive sebum on your scalp!

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead, @74775446:

Needling with an electric wireless pen (by TBPHP, the one a lot of others are using) at 1.75 mm. 1.5 mm I barely felt, 2.0 mm hurts like a mofo, so sticking to 1.75 mm.

Took photos, no change can be seen in these either.

Edit: Noteworthy addition: I'm only needling the temples, the front, and a bit beyond and below the hairline in the front and temples (like 2 cm). Not needling the whole scalp.
Do you notice any small blood spots, or at least redness? My temples are responding the best, and i think its no coincidence that those regions are also where i go the hardest. I'll notice small pin pricks of blood, but one wipe of a tissue and they're not bleeding anymore. My temples (especially the right side which is / was the worst) have a good amount of terminal hair where my original hairline used to be, and a lot of new small dark hairs popping up constantly. It looks weird, like i shaved off sections of my hairline and theyre growing back but shorter than my regular hair length. Basically what I'm saying is, in my experience, the areas which you needle the most / hardest respond faster. Just dont needle until you notice blood pooling on your scalp. Just very verrrrry small spots of it.

TNTS

Reaction score
Where does he say that?
He had post it to another thread, i cant find it now...he was a big believer to wounding and he had said that only dermapen was the way to hair growth and not dermaroller. He addressed the problem of white skin via melanocytes migration from his forehead