Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_20190103_231254.jpg IMG_20190103_231354.jpg
Anybody experiencing heavy hairline shedding from needling and then got better?

So far I've done two temple sessions and two full scalp sessions, both at 1.5mm with derminator. Ever since I started needling my full scalp three weeks ago shedding increased significantly and would not calm down. Previously shedding around 40 hairs daily now shedding 60 to 70. My right hairline which is my worst area got especially bad. There is a region behind my temple point/corner that previously still had decent density, I've been shedding a lot from there very noticeably and it's pretty much bald now. A lot of hairs that are short and tapering from root towards the end coming out there which has never happened before (see pic). Am I screwed for good?

I understand that some people experience initial shedding from needling but this is really not looking good.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 108624 View attachment 108625

So far I've done two temple sessions and two full scalp sessions, both at 1.5mm with derminator. Ever since I started needling my full scalp three weeks ago shedding increased significantly and would not calm down. Previously shedding around 40 hairs daily now shedding 60 to 70. My right hairline which is my worst area got especially bad. There is a region behind my temple point/corner that previously still had decent density, I've been shedding a lot from there very noticeably and it's pretty much bald now. A lot of hairs that are short and tapering from root towards the end coming out there which has never happened before (see pic). Am I screwed for good?

I understand that some people experience initial shedding from needling but this is really not looking good.

I have zero shedding now.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just go to a top hospital in developing country

didnt think micro needle prp was mainstream enough yet to not be accused of witchcraft by asking top random doctors yet lol will do when haircell open up somewhere near they seem more on the ball than follica if their to be beleaved

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
God, my hair just feels so f*****g HEALTHY. Legit luscious as f*** even though it's only like an inch long.

To the touch it is incredibly robust and has been getting much darker.

im on day 27 since a needle first hit my skin not sure im seeing anything other then reduced itch and shed i swear general thickness is up but that could be in my mind how many days in are you

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 108624 View attachment 108625

are hair that tapered toward the tip (not the root) considered de-miniaturizing hair ?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
are hair that tapered toward the tip (not the root) considered de-miniaturizing hair ?
They look more like hairs that were already undergoing damage and thus growing shorter, but not enough to let them shed so prematurely -- until I started needling...

baldman329

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Been lurking the forums for years but never registered. Saw this thread and decided to give it a chance. I attempted minoxidil, minoxdil foam, finastride in the past without any success. This time, I will only use the rogaine minoxidil foam and the Dr.Pen for dermination. Please give me some advice on the regiment.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Been lurking the forums for years but never registered. Saw this thread and decided to give it a chance. I attempted minoxidil, minoxdil foam, finastride in the past without any success. This time, I will only use the rogaine minoxidil foam and the Dr.Pen for dermination. Please give me some advice on the regiment.

Sounds good. Try to stick to 1.5mm every 2 weeks in the beginning to see your reaction, and switch to weekly if you wish later (I personally do it every 2 weeks). Note that depending of your individual features redness can stay for a while or go quickly, you can only know by doing, so try to do it on a day when you know you can stay indoors if redness is awful (or if you can cover your head all the time then good).

Also bear in mind reports of minoxidil sensitivity (sides) after wounding, even though individuals tolerated minoxidil well in the past (it was my case also). You may tolerate this perfectly as other people though but just a word of caution :)

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow is finally the day! Before I jump into it, do you think it's necessary to disinfect the pen before using it, even though it's new? (I know I ask about disinfecting and such a lot. Bear with me, please).
I took a pic looking down with unwashed hair, another one with flat wet hair, another one with messy wet hair and another one with my hair combed to both sides and back, all under intense lighting. I'm open to suggestions.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply minoxidil every day. On the dermaneedling days I just wait like 2-3 hours.
Interesting. Most people seem to say that you shouldn’t be applying minoxidil right after rolling. But this seems very interesting indeed.

Is this a blind experiment you did, or did you read about and decide about the minoxidil application?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick status update: I've now been using a 1.5 mm dermaroller for about 3.5 months. Initially I needled every week but recently switched to every 10 days. I also use rosemary oil and around 10 min head massage daily. I only use the roller on my frontal region.

There hasn't been much progress. Some hairs that have been miniaturizing are growing a bit longer and thicker again. Some barely visible vellus hair started to grow around the temples. Some overall thickening of existing hair, but so far nothing cosmetically significant.

This just goes to show that without minoxidil, things can potentially take a lot longer. Also, I suppose that needling at 2.0 mm would be more effective.

I'll keep going and probably upgrade to a 2.0 mm stamp soon. If my finances allow it, I might also go for the Derminator.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at my pics: my shedding got much worse in the first month then improved rapidly.
Thank you for the reply. Yes I've looked through your pics and do realize initial shedding can be expected from needling. May I ask what your shedding pattern was in the first month? Was it evenly all over the scalp, or concentrated in some weak spots, for example? I think a lot of my shedding are coming from one specific region in the right of my front causing my temple corner to visibly recede, which is alarming.

Cheers mate

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick status update: I've now been using a 1.5 mm dermaroller for about 3.5 months. Initially I needled every week but recently switched to every 10 days. I also use rosemary oil and around 10 min head massage daily. I only use the roller on my frontal region.

There hasn't been much progress. Some hairs that have been miniaturizing are growing a bit longer and thicker again. Some barely visible vellus hair started to grow around the temples. Some overall thickening of existing hair, but so far nothing cosmetically significant.

This just goes to show that without minoxidil, things can potentially take a lot longer. Also, I suppose that needling at 2.0 mm would be more effective.

I'll keep going and probably upgrade to a 2.0 mm stamp soon. If my finances allow it, I might also go for the Derminator.
Thanks for sharing.
You can also try lowering the frequency to once every 2 weeks

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s the same for me at 1.5mm. I’m also thinking what should I do, because I want to stick to the study. I bleed quite a bit so it means damage is rather high, so it stays red for a long while. Let us know what you decide to do.
just did my 5th session. this time I glide it without too much pressure lets see what happens but still red as f*** and some blood dots here and there.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People need to read the god damn thread.
Seems like we save more time by just repeating things over and over rather than telling people to read since not many appear to listen, sadly.

Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First post has most things covered, just point them that way.
It doesn't cover the frequency based on the studies. But yeah, would've done that otherwise.
Think I'm gonna open a thread and put a list with everything I can think of and you can make suggestions if I forget something, then we just point newcomers to that thread. What do you think?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't cover the frequency based on the studies. But yeah, would've done that otherwise.
Think I'm gonna open a thread and put a list with everything I can think of and you can make suggestions if I forget something, then we just point newcomers to that thread. What do you think?
Just updated my first original post. Can't believe i forgot to mention frequency lol