Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I kinda hate myself for saying this but my hairline hair feels stronger and fuller after 6 weeks.

Fuvk knows what my crown is doing, but I’m less paranoid. I’ll show you guys and see for myself after 12 weeks.
bro pm me photos

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro rubbing alcohol doesn't sterilize, only disinfect. Which is fine. Sterilizing is overkill anyway.
Bro so you just put the Derminator cartridge in isopropyl alcohol for a few minutes after using it? I've been trying to clean my cartridges using Chloramine-T and both times I destroyed the cartridge accidentally lmao The silicone fitting thing came loose and once that happens the cartridge is unusable anymore

The Chloramine-T damaged the cartridge? And this is what the derminator manufacturer recommends! How long did you leave it in the solution?

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, @FrenchMoustache's brother who is a doctor said 5% lidocaine could cause it.

Also, the OP from Reddit can't be a good responder to Minoxidil since he used it for 2 years without results.

Man, how are your results? Are you using Minoxidil? Cheers.
Disclaimer: I started RU, Tempo, and OC around the same time I started wounding. I was already on finasteride/minoxidil for over a decade. RU has some decent forum testimony and science behind it. OC is pretty much dead on the forums now and Tempo never really got started. It’s possible most of my progress is from wounding (as I suspect was the case with SwissTemples)

Overall I can’t complain with my results. I have increased density (i have diffuse hairloss) and dramatically thickened my crown. I still use some fibers but mostly just for added density in the crown and because I’m self conscious. Unfortunately, little to no growth on the hairline. However, my hair still looks better than anytime in the past 5 years. Good enough to inspire me to step away from the forums for a bit. Sandalore intrigue brought me back.

I started with 1.5mm every week and shed like crazy. I then switched to every other week and eventually got up to 2.0mm. I now alternate 1mm and 2mm every week. The 1mm is really just for increased topical penetration. 2mm is the real wounding.

Love your new thread btw. Great work.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So is there any real reason to not rub anything on your head after dermarolling the head?

Mainly just minoxidil going systemic, I guess similar side effects to the oral version could occur.
I applied some half an hour after wounding last week and it didn’t seem to be a problem.

Powerglide

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, new to the forum and just bought a Dr. Pen. Was wondering how soon after dermarolling would it be ok to use hair products for styling?

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone who ISN'T using minoxidil but IS dermaneedling in some capacity on a weekly basis please purchase some Nutraviv and run a experiment for us. lol.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone who ISN'T using minoxidil but IS dermaneedling in some capacity on a weekly basis please purchase some Nutraviv and run a experiment for us. lol.
I am only doing needling 2mm and thinking about buying it but worrying about side effetcs since it contains dht blocker

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
I am only doing needling 2mm and thinking about buying it but worrying about side effetcs since it contains dht blocker

Cant find any ingredient list and also, check out those girls who reviewed it. Seems like a whole lot of BS.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Azelaic acid is a very weak dht blocker. You'll be fine. Can you send me pics of your hair situation currently?

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This video is a good example of how NOT to approach dermarolling and why uninformed people who "try" it might not see results if they follow this guy's method:

He only uses .5mm. That will do nothing for your hair. Notice how gently he is going even with the .5mm lmao

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This video is a good example of how NOT to approach dermarolling and why uninformed people who "try" it might not see results if they follow this guy's method:

He only uses .5mm. That will do nothing for your hair. Notice how gently he is going even with the .5mm lmao

0.5mm may help topical absorption...
He also suggests a plan for 1mm and a plan for 1.5mm spaced out pretty nice and safe, in my opinion he makes some sense.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

What a f*****g pussy!

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
0.5mm may help topical absorption...
He also suggests a plan for 1mm and a plan for 1.5mm spaced out pretty nice and safe, in my opinion he makes some sense.

Your opinion and getting hair to grow are two very different things.

So to begin with... around here nobody cares about opinions.

Here we are following some fairly well documented studies that use 1.5mm - 2mm needles. It hurts. And it may bleed. We do this because we want our hair back.

If you want to follow the new ‘full head pretty boy’ study in that video please try it out. Be a champ and be sure to take before and after pics. Don’t give up until at least 12 months.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your opinion and getting hair to grow are two very different things.

So to begin with... around here nobody cares about opinions.

Here we are following some fairly well documented studies that use 1.5mm - 2mm needles. It hurts. And it may bleed. We do this because we want our hair back.

If you want to follow the new ‘full head pretty boy’ study in that video please try it out. Be a champ and be sure to take before and after pics. Don’t give up until at least 12 months.
Again, he is also talking about needling with 1.5mm, just in a lower frequency than yours or the study you are following.
It can also give results, just like in one of the studies where monthly treatments helped regrow hair.
Also, chill.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do people clean their dermapen a6 needles after use ? I have been useing steradent denture steralises tabs in a cup of water... but last few times the needles unstuck in my scalp lol is their some glue that unstuck ?? I dont want to change needles every use so how to clean them ?