Topical Finasteride - User Experiences

nmcbs

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Topical fina means just topical fina(steride) but abbreviated. Minoxidil could part of the formula or not or vice-versa. Sometimes the product/lotion incorporates both.
Morr-F (Indian product) for example has both minoxidil and finasteride.

Taep

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Topical fina means just topical fina(steride) but abbreviated. Minoxidil could part of the formula or not or vice-versa. Sometimes the product/lotion incorporates both.
Morr-F (Indian product) for example has both minoxidil and finasteride.

but why many peoples dont use topical pina? i think it is less side effect. right?

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but why many peoples dont use topical pina? i think it is less side effect. right?
Only oral finasteride and topical minoxidil are approved by the FDA for treating hairloss. Topical finasteride hasn't been approved yet. Many doctors are conservative and only prescribe the approved medication. If topical finasteride is ever approved by the FDA it will become much more popular.

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Using 0.25% and occasionally 1%.
New hair is growing on my temples, getting longer and darker but it’s a slow process. Not much to say about the crown but it’s still early.
Been in it for 2 months now.
As for sides, if I use too much of the 1% (like every day / multiple times a day) I’ll start to get a lower libido but it’s not the same as oral finasteride - the side effects seem to go away within a few days even with continued use of the 0.25%. For me, it’s about finding the perfect balance to avoid sides, so far so good.

@ZenHead are you get your .25% from Farmacia Parati?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead You are using Zinc thymulin also, right ? How do you know which one is helping ?
Not yet, it’s not available to buy yet. Should be available this month, but I will be adding it in whenever it’s ready. I’m using tb500 which is similar though.

nmcbs

My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead does your lotion from Parati also contains Minoxidil or only 0.25% Finasteride?
Do you think they are able to make a .005% lottion if asked?
I suppose you got a prescription from your doctor right?

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead does your lotion from Parati also contains Minoxidil or only 0.25% Finasteride?

the solution does not contain minoxidil in it. You can email them at info@farmaciaparati.it they respond pretty fast regarding solution.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I asked them if they were able to compound minoxoidl into my 1% gel and they said they would - but it isn't listed as an ingredient on the list on the bottle, so I'm not sure if they did it or not. and I'm not sure if they would be able to make .005%, that is a very small amount of finasteride - not sure if that would even be effective for hair loss.

nmcbs

My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead i meant .05% not .005% my error.
My idea was to try first .05% finasteride and 2% minoxidil. Then see for about 3-4 months.
Depending on the results/effects i would keep up with that or raise. Obviously first i would have to get a prescription :)
By the way i attach some photos of my condition right now.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4580(2).jpg
    IMG_4580(2).jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 765
  • IMG_4587(1).jpg
    IMG_4587(1).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 816
  • IMG_4588(2).jpg
    IMG_4588(2).jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 773
Last edited:

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead i meant .05% not .005% my error.
My idea was to try first .05% finasteride and 2% minoxidil. Then see for about 3-4 months.
Depending on the results/effects i would keep up with that or raise. Obviously first i would have to get a prescription :)
By the way i attach some photos of my condition right now.
Thanks.
I think you'd definitely benefit from this, it thickened my temples slightly - started noticing some stronger darker hairs sprouting up a little over a month on it. Good luck!

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you'd definitely benefit from this, it thickened my temples slightly - started noticing some stronger darker hairs sprouting up a little over a month on it. Good luck!
I guess we will never know if it's the topical finasteride or the topical minoxidil that is responsible for your success?..wonder if many former bad side effect propecia users who now use parati Finasteride only gel are experiencing side effect free success??

nmcbs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well in my case i must say that i never used oral finasteride, not even topical minoxidil. So trying topical would be my first approach using both substances. I though also about topical finasteride only, without minoxidil, seems reasonable to try.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess we will never know if it's the topical finasteride or the topical minoxidil that is responsible for your success?..wonder if many former bad side effect propecia users who now use parati Finasteride only gel are experiencing side effect free success??
I used minoxidil for over a year, and didn't do anything for me.