Topical Finasteride - User Experiences

nmcbs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i believe stem cell therapy is gaining a bit of terrain in Europe, particularly Italy. There is some conflicting results, actually if you search around Italian forums like IESON and bellicapelli you can find some cases, also with photos. Basically they punch follicular units from the back of the scalp (ocipital) put in a machine that isolates bulb stem cells and then microinject them on the scalp of affected areas. It is a bit expensive (minimum 1500 Euros and above). I believe the results depend on the severity of alopecia, concomitant therapies,... Some doctors mix both PRP and stem cell therapy, others only do stem cell therapy, others use one or the other plus topical and or oral antiandrogens.
The question is what really works (all these approaches in conjunction)? What stem cell therapy really does? Does it reactivates/regenerate dorment/Telogen follicules? Does it goes even further and regenerates new follicular units. Is it worth the cost?...
The idea i have is that stem cell therapy only, might give a boost but might not be enough long term to maintain results. It might "awake" the follicules but the genetic base is always there, so it eventually will progress.

Last edited:

edst

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have been using the topical finasteride from farmacia Parati I ask them to dose it at 0,05% and I have got side.

Major anxiety and panic attack. It gone since I stopped.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you still trying all these instead of Regenera Activa or PRP
Because finasteride has nothing to do with Both products you are listing. Different type of action, different results.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have been using the topical finasteride from farmacia Parati I ask them to dose it at 0,05% and I have got side.

Panick attacks, however, are a result of your own mind being scared of something that should not scare. I really think this could be your case.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Hey man, I’m not the kind of person to say sides are in your head, I got serious sexual sides on the pill. However, you using 0.05% tells me two things:
1. You chose a very low dose because you were trying to avoid sides (I get it)
2. You were most likely expecting sides

Try using it every other day and don’t worry too much about it. I don’t think the sides you listed could be related to this treatment at such a very low dose... continue treatment and try to relax. Good luck.

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead keep it up. I like the idea of a really low dose topical finasteride as something is better than nothing. Even if you can maintain without sides its 100% worth the price. Keep the updates coming.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I got the 2.5% liposomal solution a while ago but ive been getting some blood work done recently for other reasons so ive not really wanted to use it until thats all finished. As its super strong im thinking of diluting it with something, @ZenHead how many clicks worth do you usually go for with which percentage solution? im trying to figure out how to get a similar dosage as to what your using with yours? im thinking if your using like 4 or 5 clicks ill just use one and spread it with something else so its not too strong

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got the 2.5% liposomal solution a while ago but ive been getting some blood work done recently for other reasons so ive not really wanted to use it until thats all finished. As its super strong im thinking of diluting it with something, @ZenHead how many clicks worth do you usually go for with which percentage solution? im trying to figure out how to get a similar dosage as to what your using with yours? im thinking if your using like 4 or 5 clicks ill just use one and spread it with something else so its not too strong
Don't dilute it with anything. liposomes are delicate. Imagine a water balloon. The liposomes are the balloon, the water is the finasteride... if you manage to burst the liposome barrier for those finasteride molecules, you'll be getting a dose of finasteride with no mechanism to keep it "locked in" to the skin. I usually go with 4 clicks of 1%, or however many clicks it takes to cover most of my scalp with 0.25%.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead may i ask where r u from and how long does it take the italian pharma to response you ? I ve emailed them since last week and no reply till now. And how do you pay them ? Many thks

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead may i ask where r u from and how long does it take the italian pharma to response you ? I ve emailed them since last week and no reply till now. And how do you pay them ? Many thks
I haven’t emailed them in over two months. I’m from the U.S, but they usually got back to me within a day.

zinny999

Reaction score
Didn't have any sexual side effects on finasteride. Slightly watery sperm maybe, or maybe just in my head.
After starting, I did have small headaches and slight tightness in my chest for 1 week. Probably from minoxidil.

I think I may have brain fog, but my sleep schedule and diet for the past 2 months has been pretty sh*t. Also, I don't know if I lose my train of thoughts and stuff more often now, or just notice it more now.

brain fog / my train of thoughts and stuff more often now

These are finasteride side affect due to lower male hormone, however the topical route should be small affect compared to oral.

You could imagine if you triple the effect, that is what Oral users were experiencing.

Since your hair is in good shape right now, maybe just drop to lower dosage and work out more to counter balance it.
Lastly others have try adding some taurine/magnesium supplement to counter that, but I would always recommend the natural route of exercise and workout.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I had the same problem, they just emailed me to say they were on holiday.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They opened again yesterday, were closed for holiday.

getting_back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here a study on Morr-F (0.1% finasteride / 5% minoxidil) including maximum steady-state plasma concentrations:

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-ac...h-androgenetic-alopecia-2155-9554.1000253.pdf

They compare it against finasteride oral (1mg) and state:

The steady state maximum Finasteride concentration was 0.6 ng/mL and exposure Finasteride was found to be 6.3 ng.h/mL. The pharmacokinetic studies with oral Finasteride (1 mg/day) resulted in maximum Finasteride plasma concentration of 9.2 ng/mL and 53 ng.hr/mL. Thus, the Finasteride concentration observed were found about ten-fold lower compared to Finasteride administered orally at similar dose. This was expected as systemic exposure after topical administration is generally lower compared to oral. However, topical administration of Finasteride have indicated no significant statistical differences in the number of terminal hairs, total hair count, and size of alopecia area compared to oral Finasteride after 6 months.

For me the question is really what dose to select based on efficiency vs side-effects. Oral finasteride 0.5mg ED gave me depression that built up slowly over time. I think you hit the saturation point sooner or later. With lower dose it just takes more time. And the plasma concentration of finasteride is not really the problem, it's the steap dose response.

I think I'm going to start with 0.005% finasteride as there is a study that claimed no side-effects over 16! months:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/topical-finasteride-study-question-for-bryan.42836/
and
https://www.researchgate.net/public...y_evaluations_after_a_16-month_therapy_course

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here a study on Morr-F (0.1% finasteride / 5% minoxidil) including maximum steady-state plasma concentrations:

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-ac...h-androgenetic-alopecia-2155-9554.1000253.pdf

They compare it against finasteride oral (1mg) and state:

The steady state maximum Finasteride concentration was 0.6 ng/mL and exposure Finasteride was found to be 6.3 ng.h/mL. The pharmacokinetic studies with oral Finasteride (1 mg/day) resulted in maximum Finasteride plasma concentration of 9.2 ng/mL and 53 ng.hr/mL. Thus, the Finasteride concentration observed were found about ten-fold lower compared to Finasteride administered orally at similar dose. This was expected as systemic exposure after topical administration is generally lower compared to oral. However, topical administration of Finasteride have indicated no significant statistical differences in the number of terminal hairs, total hair count, and size of alopecia area compared to oral Finasteride after 6 months.

For me the question is really what dose to select based on efficiency vs side-effects. Oral finasteride 0.5mg ED gave me depression that built up slowly over time. I think you hit the saturation point sooner or later. With lower dose it just takes more time. And the plasma concentration of finasteride is not really the problem, it's the steap dose response.

I think I'm going to start with 0.005% finasteride as there is a study that claimed no side-effects over 16! months:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/topical-finasteride-study-question-for-bryan.42836/
and
https://www.researchgate.net/public...y_evaluations_after_a_16-month_therapy_course
Please keep us updated.

Whatabouthoes

My Regimen
Reaction score
I skimmed the last few pages and couldn’t find(although might’ve missed it) if you need a prescription to get this stuff. I emailed the Italian pharmacy and they haven’t gotten back to me. Also, should you rub the solution over your entire head to keep from losing the rest of the hair or just spots hat are visibly thinning? Thanks