Topical Finasteride - User Experiences

nmcbs

My Regimen
Reaction score
so with that i suppose no noticeable side effects? For curiosity did you measure your hormonal levels pre and post topical therapy?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so with that i suppose no noticeable side effects? For curiosity did you measure your hormonal levels pre and post topical therapy?
I talked about side effects a few posts back - if I use too much of the 1% I notice very slight sides (lower libido mostly) but that goes away in a few days when I cut back. Nothing like oral finasteride where when I noticed sides they stick around for months. Not sure why it’s different with this stuff but the difference is clear. I couldn’t tolerate the pill at all.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I talked about side effects a few posts back - if I use too much of the 1% I notice very slight sides (lower libido mostly) but that goes away in a few days when I cut back. Nothing like oral finasteride where when I noticed sides they stick around for months. Not sure why it’s different with this stuff but the difference is clear. I couldn’t tolerate the pill at all.
did you get ball ache with it ? for me that was the first thing i noticed whenever i started oral

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
did you get ball ache with it ? for me that was the first thing i noticed whenever i started oral
Got ball ache within the first week on oral, both times I tried. Haven't had any ball ache with the gel.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got ball ache within the first week on oral, both times I tried. Haven't had any ball ache with the gel.
good ! it would be an objective indicator of systemic absorption imo . Btw are you just using it on your hairline ? Or is a dose of this gel enough to aply to the entire scalp ?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
good ! it would be an objective indicator of systemic absorption imo . Btw are you just using it on your hairline ? Or is a dose of this gel enough to aply to the entire scalp ?
I'm using it all over my scalp, I need the most help on my hairline and crown though. I'm a diffuser, about a norwood 3. It's much much easier to apply to the entire scalp with wet hair though. I can basically cover my entire scalp with 1.5 ml give or take.

nmcbs

My Regimen
Reaction score
does it come with a doser or some kind of guidelines for dosing. Lets say you should apply 1ml...

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
does it come with a doser or some kind of guidelines for dosing. Lets say you should apply 1ml...
it comes in a bottle where you turn the bottom until it "clicks", which dispenses .25 ml each click. 4 clicks = 1 ml

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
I use 2.5% 3-4 clicks. I put it on over night.

I am not a good finasteride responder, it maintains I guess or arleast slows own I have very agressive hairloss with norwood 6-7 in family

fap_to_follicles

My Regimen
Reaction score
it comes in a bottle where you turn the bottom until it "clicks", which dispenses .25 ml each click. 4 clicks = 1 ml

How long did it take for your order to arrive after placing it? I'm in Canada and currently deal with the H&W topical but it takes them 5-6 weeks to prepare a single shipment. Sometimes longer.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did it take for your order to arrive after placing it? I'm in Canada and currently deal with the H&W topical but it takes them 5-6 weeks to prepare a single shipment. Sometimes longer.
That’s because Hasson and Wong aren’t the ones who make it - pharmacia paretti in Italy makes it. H&W are just the middle men. I got mine within a week and a half.

fap_to_follicles

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s because Hasson and Wong aren’t the ones who make it - pharmacia paretti in Italy makes it. H&W are just the middle men. I got mine within a week and a half.

Ah, I was under the impression it was the pharmacy in BC that was making it for H&W in Canada. That's who I deal with when placing my orders. Going to try a switch a Pharamcia Paretti. Now on week 8 waiting for my order to arrive. Bit ridiculous.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, I was under the impression it was the pharmacy in BC that was making it for H&W in Canada. That's who I deal with when placing my orders. Going to try a switch a Pharamcia Paretti. Now on week 8 waiting for my order to arrive. Bit ridiculous.
Maybe the BC pharmacy is dealing with them now but it was paretti for as long as I can remember. Idk, I haven’t had to deal with either as I just go straight through paretti.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does paretti have it without minoxidil and if so has anyone had any success with it without side effects?

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
What about Dr. Mazzarella's Topical Finasteride 0,005 % (two times a day, or 0,01 % one time a day)?

It was a 16 months-long study in 1997, but it has been forgotten because in those years Finasteride pills invaded the world and seemed a miracle (nobody knew that many side effects could be in some persons).

Here the abstract: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/09546639709160517?journalCode=ijdt20

Yeah i agree its crazy how everyone continuously glosses over these studies giving the "it must go systematic for it to work" I used to think the same but then went and read the studies separately and it just dosent look like thats what the results suggest

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i agree its crazy how everyone continuously glosses over these studies giving the "it must go systematic for it to work" I used to think the same but then went and read the studies separately and it just dosent look like thats what the results suggest
I don’t feel it going systemic for me, I would’ve gotten obvious sexual sides at this point just like the last 2 times I tried oral... if this stuff is going systemic it must be a very very small amount where it doesn’t give me those sides. The topical seems to work faster too.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you still trying all these instead of Regenera Activa or PRP
Because PRP doesn't work... and I don't really know what regenera activa is but from a google search it seems like an autologous cell injection - probably very expensive, but the results seem decent. Could be a good topic for a new thread.