Topical Finasteride - User Experiences

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw did anyone ask H&W if 2.5 % is w/v or some other unit they invented ? seems unlikely they can bind 25mg of finasteride with liposomes to the skin and also pointless , with 5mg you inhibit every single 5ar2 in your body , i assume scalp concentration is not even 20 % of 5ar2s since most dht is found at the prostate
I just contacted the pharmacy in italy that makes it and they said it come in 2.5%
"thanks for your mail. we need the prescription of a doctor. the gel is a silicon liposomal gel. we studied the formulation for reduce the side effects"

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using Essengen-6 Plus from MinoxidilMax which has 6% Minoxidil and 0.05% finasteride. I use it only on the hairline (I also added RU for good measure). So far hairline is worse than ever after 3+ months. My c*m is very sticky, although erections seem ok (libido seems to have reduced though)... Bought a dermaroller recently to see if that has any other effects.

Its a better idea to try there highest solution before you dermaroll. I Got terrible side effects when I did that.

Duelgen 15

Minoxidil 15.0%

Finasteride 0.1% (1mg of finasteride in 1 mL)

Azelaic acid 5.0%

ABN ComplexTM (0.80%)

Retinol 0.025%

Caffeine 0.001

nmcbs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im thinking trying Topical finasteride. I believe Parati Pharmacy only dipatchs the lotions with doctor prescription. I could not find here (Portugal) a Doctor who prescribes it to try it.

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Using parati since 7-8 months.
I feel better than with oral (erection fine, c*m is fine), the depression comes 90% from my hairloss. But there are not NO sides.

Effect seems okay. I use it 5-6 times per week.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel better than with oral (erection fine, c*m is fine), the depression comes 90% from my hairloss. But there are not NO sides.

can i order it from canada ?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What percentage are you using man?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is extremly easy. Do a blood test for DHT before you start the treatment and then do another after a month. If you DHT is low, it go systemic, it gives side effects. So simple like that.

Taep

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
where can i get topical fina?
im not good at english... i cant eat oral fina because of side effect.
somebody help me...

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He use 2,5% (from an previous comment)
How are you doing?
How is you hair?
How are your sides effects?
Using 0.25% and occasionally 1%.
New hair is growing on my temples, getting longer and darker but it’s a slow process. Not much to say about the crown but it’s still early.
Been in it for 2 months now.
As for sides, if I use too much of the 1% (like every day / multiple times a day) I’ll start to get a lower libido but it’s not the same as oral finasteride - the side effects seem to go away within a few days even with continued use of the 0.25%. For me, it’s about finding the perfect balance to avoid sides, so far so good.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Using 0.25% and occasionally 1%.
New hair is growing on my temples, getting longer and darker but it’s a slow process. Not much to say about the crown but it’s still early.
Been in it for 2 months now.
As for sides, if I use too much of the 1% (like every day / multiple times a day) I’ll start to get a lower libido but it’s not the same as oral finasteride - the side effects seem to go away within a few days even with continued use of the 0.25%. For me, it’s about finding the perfect balance to avoid sides, so far so good.

Any increased shedding or telegen effluvium or something like that ? Any increase in scalp and face oiliness ? Did the itch get go away after using topical finasteride ?

If i am not mistaken, u r using topical zinc thymulin also, right ?

Many thanks

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Farmacia Parati has a different formula then the one on ebay. I don't know which one has the best effectiveness with the least sideeffects but when I emailed them they sent me the message below.

good morning,
thanks for your mail. we need the prerscription of a doctor. the gel ia a silicon liposomal gel. we studied the formulation for reduce the side effects.
in attachment a pro forma of the composition.
best regards

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For all those who want morrf 5%, topical finasteride in minoxidil. There maybe may more sites which our experienced members know.
https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/morr-f-5-solution-15443590897.html

Also if still fail to execute the same, i’ll help you get the product.

My review about topical finasteride, used for 1month and left:
1.Oiliness increased on scalp and nose.
2.Red Eyes.
3.Increased Irritation.
4.More hairfall.
5.Less sexual, maybe i’m overthinking?

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It requires the following local topical preparation as follows

• Finasteride 2,5% ( two, five %)

• Polimethylsilsesquioxane 5%

• Dimethicone Peg 8 5%

Exipient inert qb

N°_____________Confection__________ml

EXCLUSIVE EXTERNAL USE

I assume full responsibility for the use of that preparation

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am getting a prescription for this tomorrow , the doctor recommended the standard 2.5% from farmacia paratti, I have asked for 0.1 % though, do you think I should start lower or is the 0.1% suitable?

nmcbs

My Regimen
Reaction score
So Pikemason in this case no minoxidil in the formula?
My question is there is a lot of variation in concentration between studies. I´ve heard of 0,25%, 0,5%, 2,5%,... There is a Caserini (one of the authors) Study from 2015/2016 (I believe this study is associated with Polichem) that somehow proved that lower doses could achieved the desired effect and lowred the systemic effects: "Conclusions: The novel finasteride 0.25% solution applied o.d. at the doses of 100 and 200 μL results in an appropriate inhibition of scalp DHT potentially minimizing the untoward sexual side-effects linked to a systemic DHT reduction."
Does this make sense to you guys? Do you ever discussed this with your doctor or Parati? But there is also the opinions or controversy that even in lower doses there is a cumulative effect meaning maybe that we could reduce the frequency of application of the lotion....

nmcbs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok here it is the study. I believe some people eher might heard of it or read it. I think this was the last published study that formed the base of Polichem to be realeased patent(?) product(?). Anyway different doses/concentrations are discussed, isolated or in comparison with the oral route. But they used another veichle in the formulation hydroxypropyl chitosan, so no lipossomal. If i understand correctly a dose of 0,5mg finasteride should be enough to inhibit a good amount of DHT in scalp but much much less systemically(?).

Attachments

• 17-Caserini_Int_J_Clin_Pharmacol_Ther_2016.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 384

nmcbs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Jomasi. Actually instead of 0,5% i meant 0,05%. That would mean 0,5mg right? Thats what i understood from the study.
Do you believe it would make sense using those lower doses with the right veichle and application protocol/timming?
Actually i´ve found a master thesis adressing different veichles and the various studies about topical finasteride, from 2017. It is in Dutch (University of Gent) but i believe you can translate the PDF to english. Its more a kind of compilation and theoretical approach.

Attachments

• RUG01-002350112_2017_0001_AC.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 501