Topical Finasteride - User Experiences

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are any of these liposomal?
There's a lot of places, actually.

There's one in Florida, sold by a hair surgeon. That one has the most (.25%).

Then there's Promox and Medical Wellness Center. Those have to have a doctor's prescription, as
does the one above.

Please keep in mind that Med Wellness Center will sell .1% as the highest you can get (topically).

Promox will probably go higher, although I never tried.

.1% = one milligram oral.

tenniskidaaron1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using Trichogen topical finasteride. I had to get a precriptiom for it, but im getting a stinging sensation on my scalp from it. Has this happened to anyone else who uses topical finasteride?

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using Trichogen topical finasteride. I had to get a precriptiom for it, but im getting a stinging sensation on my scalp from it. Has this happened to anyone else who uses topical finasteride?
it is probably any other ingredient in your solution than finasterid. Maybe the alcohol

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone ever gotten results from topical finasteride but failed to get results from oral finasteride? Would like to try the topical but I started to doubt it would work for me since oral finasteride did nothing.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i got horrendous sides on topical finasteride after 6 weeks, the worst being gyno or pseudogyno, still not recovered 2 months since stopped.
sorry to hear that, was your solution liposomal and what was the dosage?

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
also did you derma roll or anything?

My dermatologist had the pharmacy make up a 6% minoxidil 0.2% finasteride solution. The label on the bottle said apply 1ml morning and night. That's 4mg per day i.e. four times the recommended dose albeit topically. Now i don't know if this is what gave me the sides or whether it was because my DHT was already below normal before starting.