Topical Finasteride - User Experiences

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So after researching topical finasteride on various forums, I’ve noticed a lot of people who got sides on finasteride (like myself) have switched to a topical version and had success without side effects. Most of these posts I have been viewing have been from 2017 / 2018, and many of these people are using something called morr-f. If you aren’t familiar with it, search “morr-f reddit” on google. Some users are growing back a pretty decent amount of hair rather quickly without sides. It seems like this product has not been discussed here yet and I wanted to know what you all think. Have any of you tried topical finasteride?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So after researching topical finasteride on various forums, I’ve noticed a lot of people who got sides on finasteride (like myself) have switched to a topical version and had success without side effects. Most of these posts I have been viewing have been from 2017 / 2018, and many of these people are using something called morr-f. If you aren’t familiar with it, search “morr-f reddit” on google. Some users are growing back a pretty decent amount of hair rather quickly without sides. It seems like this product has not been discussed here yet and I wanted to know what you all think. Have any of you tried topical finasteride?
I used it topically for about three years, mixed with a cocktail of other things. Worked great from a side effects stand point (didn’t have any) UNTIL I started dermarolling. Got the finasteride crash at that point which has not gone away. This certainly will not he everyone’s experience, however, it was mine. It was great before I gave it a way to really systemically mess things up, then it went down hill.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used it topically for about three years, mixed with a cocktail of other things. Worked great from a side effects stand point (didn’t have any) UNTIL I started dermarolling. Got the finasteride crash at that point which has not gone away. This certainly will not he everyone’s experience, however, it was mine. It was great before I gave it a way to really systemically mess things up, then it went down hill.
Thanks for the reply! Good to know the side effects were non existent until your started dermarolling. Did you use morr-f or something else? How were your results?

FOLLICLOLZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody else using topical finasteride and getting sides?

There's quite a few reddit posts on topical finasteride, with results varying - but it's a bit tough to track/monitor because you've got multiple variables - H&W / Morr-F / formulations / penetration enhancement / etc - that influence results and presence or lack thereof as it relates to side effects.

couple examples:
https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/6fv66s/topical_finasteride_review_75_months_later/
https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/6b9elb/hw_topical_finasteride_25/

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m using topical finasteride, morr f since april 27. Its too soon to comment and i’ve a post where other users have given their input. Lets see how things go in long run.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m using topical finasteride, morr f since april 27. Its too soon to comment and i’ve a post where other users have given their input. Lets see how things go in long run.
Would you say it helped maintain / slow down? I’m really interested in morr-f myself. Also, any side effects?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also does anyone know how one could get topical liposomal finasteride in the US?
That’s what I’m looking for but seems like none is available until polichem releases, or Hasson and Wong is available again

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you say it helped maintain / slow down? I’m really interested in morr-f myself. Also, any side effects?
It did slow down alot for 2 weeks & there after mild shedding. I’ve reached 3rd week and shedding like before. Maybe its minoxidil shed as its stated that it comes around 3-4th week. Further i’m seeing alot of hair at my hairline but like i said its too soon to comment. I need 3-6M time frame to make a conclusion as i don’t wanna give out any false hope.
Did you get sides with oral if you were ever on it?
Yes i took oral finasteride 0.25mg for 2-3 weeks. I had midly gyno, pain in eyes & soft erections.

topical finasteride sides, weak erections, causes my eyes to go red and it stayed like that for next 2 weeks & now it seems little red. losing hairs from my shin area.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would love to try it but have no idea how to get access to it (I'm in the USA)

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would love to try it but have no idea how to get access to it (I'm in the USA)

There's a lot of places, actually.

There's one in Florida, sold by a hair surgeon. That one has the most (.25%).

Then there's Promox and Medical Wellness Center. Those have to have a doctor's prescription, as
does the one above.

Please keep in mind that Med Wellness Center will sell .1% as the highest you can get (topically).

Promox will probably go higher, although I never tried.

.1% = one milligram oral.

bald fighter

My Regimen
Reaction score
im using morr f5 since mid of march, and i can feel these days my hair is getting thicker and better especially on mid scalp.

not to forget to mention that im currently on a course of roaccutane ( a treatment for acne) which affect the hair loss in a negative way.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im using morr f5 since mid of march, and i can feel these days my hair is getting thicker and better especially on mid scalp.

not to forget to mention that im currently on a course of roaccutane ( a treatment for acne) which affect the hair loss in a negative way.
Did you have sides with oral?