Tinder, Bumble, And Other Dating Sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
uncertain professional future? even with a PhD?
I need to keep working very well and very hard for a long time and I need luck.

Moreover, the American economy is not doing very well. It's in bad shape, and the university sector is a bubble. If there's a collapse and they start shutting down departments, I'll be in a tough spot. I like being paid, but there's no doubt that this is a ponzi scheme. There's no reason to require everybody to pay $100,000+ n tuition over four years to work real-life jobs that don't require calculus, that don't require gender studies, etc.

There are very few industries where you're safe: if you have a medical degree, or you work in security, or you design weapons, and a few others.

The future for academia and pure research is not bright in this country. I wouldn't advise a 21 year-old to follow that route, unless they're Chinese and willing to move there.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
most women 'need' a bit of a connection even if its not LOVE....otherwise they are compensating if they are just f*****g random men...they are not 'players' as men are when doing this because its not really what women want when they do this its usually not for right reason.

You are equating the value of 'random' sex for a woman to the value it has to a man...its not equal.

You are making assumptions about men. They do need connection and relationships as well. Women have the privilege of worrying about not having "connection" because sex comes so easy to them. It's not valuable to them. Whereas many men will be ecstatic if a women just kisses them. If you were a man getting constantly rejected by women and never getting a match on Tinder despite right swiping thousands of profiles, you will understand. Like I said, worrying about "relationships" are privileges of those who are attractive enough to get regular sex.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
http://sendvid.com/oxryeteo

Video I made for @David_MPN

I have to practice putting myself out there. But just a small message for you buddy.
Great video, Baldhurts. I did online dating for many years and it was definitely a big disappointment for me because my goal was long term. I think if you just want to slay as you guys say, it might be a great option. I am old fashioned and came from a family with old fashioned values so my way to meet women feels most comfortable the way I did it when I was younger. I had the most success getting myself out there and going to places that I enjoyed. Of course I had to rely on bars mostly to meet. I also did well with people playing matchmaker.

I can tell you from experience dating can be very challenging if you don't like what you see in the mirror. Not only that but with BDD, you look for flaws in other people. And with that unfortunately you become very very picky and miss out on alot of opportunity meeting some great women. I don't think David or you have that same problem I do. Not only that but I need someone who is constantly engaging to keep me from getting bored. I try to educated myself on everything so I can at least be just as engaging. David, like I said before, you are going to need that or you are going to get bored too.

I will never forget when I was in college, there was this gorgeous girl who I had a crush on from a far. I felt she was out of my league. Too afraid to approach her as I figured she only goes for "chad". Eventually she found some guy outside of college that she ended up marrying. A few years later found out she always thought I was attractive and would have dated me if I would have asked her out. I blew that one big time all because I thought so low of myself. My advice to you baldhurts, if you see someone who catches your eye, then just give here a brow lift to see if she gives you one back. If she does, you can approach her. If not move on to the next one.

I thought of you guys today as I walked thru the town I work and I noticed the guys definitely are better looking than the women. Most guys are with someone 2 to 3 points lower. I think its because I work in a lower income area where the guys have the looks but they don't make alot of money. If you go to a more affluent area, I do see more looks matched people. However, I do notice most guys keep alot more fit than the women who they are with. I think most do outdoor physical work so it keeps them in shape. I think Baldhurts wants someone who likes to work out like he does. I always was attracted to women who love to go to the gym.

Last edited:

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great video, Baldhurts. I did online dating for many years and it was definitely a big disappointment for me because my goal was long term. I think if you just want to slay as you guys say, it might be a great option. I am old fashioned and came from a family with old fashioned values so my way to meet women feels most comfortable the way I did it was I was younger. I had the most success getting myself out there and going to places that I enjoyed. Of course I had to rely on bars mostly to meet. I also did well with people playing matchmaker.

I can tell you from experience dating can be very challenging if you don't like what you see in the mirror. Not only that but with BDD, you look for flaws in other people. And with that unfortunately you become very very picky and miss out on alot of opportunity meeting some great women. I don't think David or you have that same problem I do. Not only that but I need someone who is constantly engaging to keep me from getting bored. I try to educated myself on everything so I can at least be just as engaging. David, like I said before, you are going to need that or you are going to get bored too.

I will never forget when I was in college, there was this gorgeous girl who I had a crush on from a far. I felt she was out of my league. Too afraid to approach her as I figured she only goes for "chad". Eventually she found some guy outside of college that she ended up marrying. A few years later found out she always thought I was attractive and would have dated me if I would have asked her out. I blew that one big time all because I thought so low of myself. My advice to you baldhurts, if you see someone who catches your eye, then just give here a brow lift to see if she gives you one back. If she does, you can approach her. If not move on to the next one.

I thought of you guys today as I walked thru the town I work and I noticed the guys definitely are better looking than the women. Most guys are with someone 2 to 3 points lower. I think its because I work in a lower income area where the guys have the looks but they don't make alot of money. If you go to a more affluent area, I do see more looks matched people. However, I do notice most guys keep alot more fit than the women who they are with. I think most do outdoor physical work so it keeps them in shape. I think Baldhurts wants someone who likes to work out like he does. I always was attracted to women who love to go to the gym.

Nice post. I think for average men like me and David and some of the other boys here online dating doesn't work. Having average looks especially in online dating basically is a death sentence. When women can have chad at their fingertips and over to their house within mins, we are mostly put to the bottom of the pile.

Plus, my city has an insanely bad man to woman ratio. When you go out here the place is usually infested with sausage at an 8:1 ratio.

I'm never complaining about the lack of options of women ever again. As iv said many times throughout this entire thread, I accept things for the way that they are and I'm ok with that.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Communicated only with one person since 3-4 months.

Scary thing is I do well with it and don't mind. Although I force myself to leave the basement and go out sometimes (every time rough experience).

So your situation isn't worst.

Mate, just go out with Tellersquill once a week to parties, bars and mingle with people! Get yourself out there! Introversion is just a state of mind!

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are making assumptions about men. T[/B]hey do need connection and relationships as well. Women have the privilege of worrying about not having "connection" because sex comes so easy to them. It's not valuable to them. Whereas many men will be ecstatic if a women just kisses them. If you were a man getting constantly rejected by women and never getting a match on Tinder despite right swiping thousands of profiles, you will understand. Like I said, worrying about "relationships" are privileges of those who are attractive enough to get regular sex.

I'm making assumptions about the unattractive women online getting laid by the more attractive men.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice post. I think for average men like me and David and some of the other boys here online dating doesn't work. Having average looks especially in online dating basically is a death sentence. When women can have chad at their fingertips and over to their house within mins, we are mostly put to the bottom of the pile.

Plus, my city has an insanely bad man to woman ratio. When you go out here the place is usually infested with sausage at an 8:1 ratio.

I'm never complaining about the lack of options of women ever again. As iv said many times throughout this entire thread, I accept things for the way that they are and I'm ok with that.

I'm sorry i have to call you out on this one

you are not average looking guy you are a good looking guy with one flaw your hair and that is something most women will overlook just not under 25.

you put up two pages of women who wanted to meet you or matched with you

majority of those women were attractive.

some more attractive then others but nothing was really wrong with any of them except the one styled for her competition which is jus the makeup..

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

I don't think its fair for you to compare yourself to David as being average. David told you before and so did mostly everyone on here, you are not average, you are above it. You could definitely be close to a 10 if you had better hair. You got knocked off a few points because of your hair according to these guys. Honestly, with a hair system you could easily be a fitness model. I understand where you are coming from. I always thought I was average too. But that is not what people told me. Maybe now, I feel more average than ever because I don't get the complements I used to get. And I would have been envious of you if I had to compete against you for women. I would just let you have them unless they approached me. I always let the women approach me because I was too scared to approach them. Bad move because your chances are less.

EDIT: LOL, I did not see HB's post above because I was writing this one but she and I think alike when it comes to you.

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry i have to call you out on this one

you are not average looking guy you are a good looking guy with one flaw your hair and that is something most women will overlook just not under 25.

you put up two pages of women who wanted to meet you or matched with you

majority of those women were attractive.

some more attractive then others but nothing was really wrong with any of them except the one styled for her competition which is jus the makeup..

Hair blues and house, I appreciate and respect your opionions, but I must tell you I just don't see it.

Matches mean nothing at all, it only looked like I had a lot of matches because I posted them all at once. 60% of those matches we did not speak. A few went NC on me after I replied when they said Hi to me. David must have some attraction to him because he also too had women willing to meet throughout the progress of this thread.

Actually when you think about it, he's had more success than I in the fact he actually went out on dates.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hair blues and house, I appreciate and respect your opionions, but I must tell you I just don't see it.

Matches mean nothing at all, it only looked like I had a lot of matches because I posted them all at once. 60% of those matches we did not speak. A few went NC on me after I replied when they said Hi to me. David must have some attraction to him because he also too had women willing to meet throughout the progress of this thread.

Actually when you think about it, he's had more success than I in the fact he actually went out on dates.
But you declined all your dates because you had "better things to do" like watch a fight that could be taped by the way. You keep make excuses. I do too. I have stopped dating because I have too many excuses of why I should not even bother. You are way too young to make excuses. You work so hard on your appearance yet you don't use it to your advantage. Use it now why you are young enough.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

this i think is true because the most beautiful broke women can and do date up..especially if women are not educated there only hope of a good life is to land a professional man or a man who makes good money.

And men sometimes will go for looks over character.

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you look like a buff jesse pinkman baldhurts lol. and did the girls ever bring your hair situation? how is your crown loss btw? are you on meds?

No crown loss, it's just my hairline. And nah no meds. I have hair like Andrew Lincoln. Just a f*****g pain in the *** to grow it.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

well we can ask @David_MPN since he knows what his matches looked like compared to yours he can judge.

Im not recommending anyone put the pics up of women thats your business..i take Davids opinion.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

According to this forum I'm a 4.5/10. Your rating is "hot".

You posted a video and you were told you look sensitive. I posted a photo of my appreciation of the video and got told to buy new glasses, to shorten my smile, and to get teeth extensions.

I wish you the best of luck and love to discuss stuff, but we have different problems man.

These women who match with you and talk to you -- you need to say,
"Would you like to meet up for a drink?"
And then,
"How about Saturday at 800pm at Rye's?"

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@David_MPN since he knows what his matches looked like compared to yours he can judge.

Im not recommending anyone put the pics up of women thats your business..i take Davids opinion.

I've never had a tinder or bumble match whose looks compared to the ladies posted by BH.

The hottest online date I've ever had was with a woman from POF in late 2015. We spoke and laughed and drank for four hours and we were the last people out and kissed at the end of the date. I was on my best game. It didn't matter. She later told me that she doesn't feel a romantic connection.

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@David_MPN since he knows what his matches looked like compared to yours he can judge.

I've never had a tinder or bumble match whose looks compared to the ladies posted by BH.

The hottest online date I've ever had was with a woman from POF in late 2015. We spoke and laughed and drank for four hours and we were the last people out and kissed at the end of the date. I was on my best game. It didn't matter. She later told me that she doesn't feel a romantic connection.[/QUOTE]

I gaurentee she lied because chad came along.

Status
Not open for further replies.